Sign in to follow this  
nichevo

COOP 1-6 Rescue Major Savinkov

You play as a small team of insurgents tasked with breaking a beloved Major out of a makeshift American prison camp. After being smuggled ashore via a fishing boat you must make a short journey through forested territory to the enemy camp. Be careful as you return the Major to your boat as the Americans will respond in force.

arma2_002.jpg

The mission is designed for 1 to 6 players in co-operative multiplayer. It may also be played as a single player scenario but will default to the easiest difficulty setting.

Mission features:

• No addons required.
  • User-selectable difficulty setting: you choose how many enemies there are -- "Tiny", "Small", "Medium" or "Large".
  • User-selectable time-of-day. Play the mission at any time.
  • Random enemies -- all soldiers have random equipment and skill levels. All squads have randomly varying sizes and most follow randomised waypoints. Some squads (especially those that respond to your attacks) may or may not appear at all. This allows for greater replayability as the mission is never the same twice.
  • Random weather.
  • A supply crate at the start of the mission allows you to pick from various Russian rifles, machine guns, sniper rifles, launchers and other miscellaneous gear. A mortar (using the BIS artillery module) is also available at your starting location (be careful not to hit the prisoner).
  • Uses the BIS first aid modules -- if you get hit there's a chance your comrades can drag you to cover and apply first aid.
  • Ambient animals and civilians.

arma2_001.jpg

This mission, as far as I can tell, is complete. It has undergone hours of play-testing already so I am fairly sure there are no bugs. Well, no major bugs anyway.

arma2_003.jpg

Download from here.

I would love to hear your feedback! :)

Edited by nichevo

well this seems to be working pretty well so far so good well done

well this seems to be working pretty well so far so good well done

Thanks. :)

I did notice on one recent play-through that the extraction boat beached itself when leaving, but this is the only time this has happened in about two dozen play-throughs. Unless anyone else has experienced the same I am willing to chalk it up to freak AI stupidity.

Now I've just go to get my team up to the level where we can beat this mission on "large" enemy forces. :cool:

Looks good mate, I'm modifying it to use on the ZSU server with Norrins Revive script, will let you know how it goes

Both links on armaholic doesn't work. Sorry for bumping old thread but this mission seems to be pretty interesting.

Both links on armaholic doesn't work. Sorry for bumping old thread but this mission seems to be pretty interesting.

They do work, what's your error message?

They do work, what's your error message?

They work now, but didn't some time ago. First link just redirected me back to mission page, tried it several times.

Second gave me "File not found, you will be redirected to http://www.gamefront.com" as well as it does now.

Thanks anyway.