Sign in to follow this  
j5surferdude

razer megalodon random no sound

Hi People.

Just got a Razer megalodon headset but im having a weird problem.

I start the game and play about 10 minutes multiplayer and then

suddenly - no sound.

im running Vent 64bit and Track IR5. Sometimes theres no sound in vent

as well other times it works fine but just no sound in game.

To fix it I have to close down the ArmA2.exe and restart it and it works

for a bit.

Im running Windows7 64 RC build 7100. have tried every setting imaginable

Anybody Help?

does this happen during other games, or when you're just listening to music and such?

Only had it a 2 days. Dont have any other games installed so I cant test it that way.

music sounds fine as does videos etc. It only seems to stop when Im playing ArmA2.

I run Vent at the same time which is on a seperate server to our ArmA2 server,

wether its a conflict with this or a windows 7 issue I dont know.

Same problem here got this from Razer site:

http://help.razersupport.com/us-en/resolution.asp?sid=222715090724118090126000&pid=400000001&pnm=Razer+Megalodon&seid=400000002&pos=N%2FA&top=Audio&rid=400001172

I have done all of it but mine still drops sound after awhile, problem is not restricted to ARMA2 but also happens in other games.

The only way I see this getting fixed is by Razer with a Firmware update or Microsoft with a driver update.

Edit: Temp Fix: Try Changing the Windows Speaker config to 5.1

Right Click

spkcofig.jpg

Select 5.1

spksetup.jpg

Keep hitting next but make sure all boxes are ticked, then Finish when done.

Edited by H1Vltg3NZ

Thanks for that will give it a try. Got no response from razer on the subject.

Its a shame because they really are good headphones.

Got a reply from razer last night. Basically they copied and pasted the standard response

from their website (same as the link in the other post) blaming my system...

If there are any more of you guys out there with this set of headphones I would like to know

what kind of luck you are having trying to get these stable and with what O/S?

Cheers.

Edited by j5surferdude
clean up text

Mine hasn't crashed for two days now only option I have changed is this:

exclmode.jpg

Let me know how you get on.

I tried the above. It worked for a few hours!

Then back to the same. Vent went first then the

ingame sound followed.

The only difference I have with my setup is that

I dont have an option for 5.1 surround, its only

7.1 surround. Will try in 2.0 mode.

This could be a stab in the dark but install Creatives audio drivers, not sure if it will work if you dont have a Creative Sound Blaster installed but give it a try:

http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=10960

These drivers seem to override the Windows drivers with Enhanced ones.

My Megalodons seem to stop crashing the same day I reinstalled my Creative product.

Razer Support updated on this matter:

RAZER MEGALODON : N/A : RESOLUTION 400001442

Q: My audio or microphone suddenly cuts off when using my Megalodon.

A: Razer and Microsoft are aware of intermittent issues that may occur with the Razer Megalodon and users of certain Vista 64 bit systems. The most common issue will be your audio or your microphone cutting out. We are working hard to find an answer to this intermittent problem and hope to have a solution in the very near future. We know this issue is very frustrating for you and we are working hard to find the solution. We ask kindly for your patience as we try to remedy this issue for any of the affected users. Megalodon users with other types of updated operating systems are not affected by this issue. If you are using a Megalodon and are having similar issues please be sure your operating system has all the available updates installed. Vista users want to make sure that Service Pack 2 (SP2) has been installed on their computers. If you are in need of further assistance with your Megalodon please contact us at the links below and we will be happy to assist you.

Hi.. just registered to say i got this problem with the megalodon fixed by updating the firmware.

So.. if you still have problems with vista 64bit or win 7 64bit and want to use the megalodons without sound disappearing please update the firmware from razers site. it's from 26th or 27th October 2009.

The instructions on the firmware update are hard if you have UAC off. to update with it off place the headset into the USB after uninstalling the headset from sound devices with the middle button held down. then go into devices and printers you should see razer megalodon as a problem device. select with right mouse button, properties and update the drivers manually with the firmware downloaded from razers site. when successful the 7.1 and 2.0 lights should flash left right left right etc.. then just unplug and replug and it works.

Had sound on for more than 24 hours and it didn't disappear.

now i'm happy to have sound through them as they should work.

g. :)

EDIT: Should have waited a few days and tested properly by gaming. sound issue still there after new firmware. need to get a pci-e soundcard to replace the onboard. sound got cut off again after gaming an hour.

Edited by genozide