Sign in to follow this  
Python1

GMJ Sight Adjustment for ArmA2

Hey guys, just for fun I copied my GMJ folder from A1 to A2 and it works!:yay:

However there is an error that reads like this

Variable '_disp' does not support serialization. Call 'disableSerialization' in the current script (maybe 'GMJ_SightAdjustment\scripts\SightAdjustmentInit.sqf') if you need to use it.

Don't know what this means or how to fix it, I've looked at the scripts but am afraid to change them since I don't know how. But after this error the addon actually works, you have the rangecard and everything. I put a target ~550m away got the M24 fired and dropped short, adjusted to 8 MOA per the range card, fired and hit dead on.

I'm sure this is a simple fix for any of you scripters, maybe someone could port it over to A2 with GMJamzes permission (although I think he left the community, not sure about that though). Any help?

Variable '_disp' does not support serialization

I get an error like that in MP when using the menu (T key)

i was able to fix it, its a matter of calling disableSerialization in some of the scripts. but since there is no permission to convert the addon to A2 its gonna stay for private use only. there was also a problem with the "click" sound that was fixed.

if someone does port this, please add XEH support aswell

we don't need any more addons that break eachother

Ok, i have merged to the XEH support from the SightAdjustmentInit_AutoInit addon into the original one, and it works with XEH.

need to do some MP tests to make sure it works after respawn.

Noamles, you rock, I'm your number one fan now. Let's try and get in touch with GMJames and see if we can't get this out to public after testing. However, I'm fairly certain he left and gave permission to use his stuff in the future in doing so, but I can't find that message so I don't want to assume. I'll PM him and see if we can't get something going. In the meantime, let me know how it works out.

Edit: GMJames left the community here in case you don't want to follow the link here is his exact words.

"Hi all,

in case you were wondering why there haven't been any updates anymore: I fried my graphics card - a 8800 GTS - and used the current situation of not having a decent graphics card to quit gaming altogether.

To all modders, you may use this code in any way you want - go crazy

Also, many thanks to Solus for the extended init handler!

greets, Oliver."

So I'm pretty sure that means we can use his code to bring it to ArmA2

Edited by Python1
Found new Info

did some MP testing, everything works great and 0 RPT errors.

Sooooo......should we release it to the public then?

need to make a small modification to bring it back to 0.25 MOA per click (i like to use 0.1 Mil), make a small readme with credits to original authors and i will appreciate it if someone can sign the addon cause i have no clue on how to do that...

all except the signiture can be ready in an hour or so.

any one knows of a good site to upload the file to?

armedassault.info and armaholic in addition to the modsaddonscomplete thread here at BIS are the standard. Or actually, I think if you post it here at the complete thread the admins from AAinfo and Armaholic post it themselves

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes please.

What is CBA?

community base addons?

Any chance we could get this signed?

sadly, i have no clue on how to do that, if anyone knows, and is up for the challenge please sign the addon and post the signed version.