Sign in to follow this  
nikodemus

Editor in Utes

Hi all,

when I initially used the editor on the above mentioned Island, the borders of the map were surrounded by blackness, noticeable when zooming out.

Now, for some reason, when I zoom out there's more see and more empty land by the north of the Island.

It's not really something that worries me, but is there a way to get it back to it's original way without the land on top?

The Utes map comes without infinite land seen on Chrnarus. If you load Chernarus first and then go to Utes, the infinite land will follow and becomes enabled also on the smaller map.

I believe this is what you will find when you have (accidentally) enabled infinite land:

th_infinite.jpg Click on thumbnail for full size picture.

Conclusion: That land mass is actually quite handy, if you let BLUFOR start out on the carrier and OPFOR on the infinite land mass to the north. Then both have secluded bases that may be of great use in MP missions. The only problem is that any units placed in infinite land will start out in the water if you forget to start Chernarus first. Therefore I'm wondering: Is it possible to enable the infinite land mass by a scripting command upon mission start?

Edited by nominesine

Yes, thank you, that's it.

I understand now, so there's no way to disable that?

Well... don't start up the Chernarus map. My problem is the oposite. I want to enable it by default, without changing the island config. But I guess that both our problems would be solved at the same time, if it is indeed possible.

This seems to be an editing related thread all of a sudden. Maybe it should be moved by a moderator, lest vit will drift into nothingness?

NOTE: If it drifts the discussion is also running in another forum.