Sign in to follow this  
[SEN]Baraban

Sentinel AH-1Z Pack for Arma2

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of porting over the Sentinel AH-1Z pack from Arma1 to Arma2, so far they're just reskins with new working rotorblur proxies but I'm hoping to be able to add the missile warning and countermeasure script to them in time for the beta release.

So far I've completed the NATO Olive drab and Sentinel Low-Vis Grey versions(See the pictures below).

http://www.avmg30.dsl.pipex.com/ah1s_2.jpg

&

http://www.avmg30.dsl.pipex.com/ah1s_1.jpg

I've left out the RACS one as it no longer fits into the Arma2 universe/AO - plus the lads from project RACS have made a much better one for you all to play with, this means that I'll probably be adding another brand new paint scheme for the Arma2 release - the only problem is that I can't decide on which camouflage scheme/colours to use.... Any suggestions?? :)

Kind regards,

-- Archangel

looks pretty good

I'd like to see some nice unit markings and random numbers.

maybe make a worn out,gritty dirty one thats been in use for a long time that could work well for a terminator salvation , fallout , post apolaptic setting :D

Make it extra sandy and scratchy? :)

Shaitan;1362702']i've got a suggestion for you.

bright pink with fluorescent yellow polka dots!

YES! :yay:

maybe make a worn out,gritty dirty one thats been in use for a long time that could work well for a terminator salvation , fallout , post apolaptic setting :D

yes, that could make for a great..resistance side..helo....as if the marines/west gave to them a while ago! add the rebalmarkings as on there origianl vehicles......

Shaitan;1362702']i've got a suggestion for you.

bright pink with fluorescent yellow polka dots!

Heheheh.

What's this Sam? A new psych-ops survival technique? - make the enemy laugh so hard that they can't shoot straight - just remember that it doesn't work on the AI. :p

ah1s_3.jpg

Cheers' date='

-- Archangel

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

yes, that could make for a great..resistance side..helo....as if the marines/west gave to them a while ago! add the rebalmarkings as on there origianl vehicles......

That would actually be a good idea, although I'd prefer to keep that one for a port of the AH-1F or possibly even an AH-1W to represent an older variant that was exported during sometime in the past possibly.

Keep them coming, some good suggestions so far - except Shaitan's of course. :rolleyes:

Regards,

-- Archangel

something tigerstripe inspired?

with evil looking shark teeth and eyes..

and a bright red tail...

maybe too much Vietnam?

Nice to see these in ARMA2. :)

Will you use the new shaders? (think thats what its called yeah?) to make the surface look ARMA2 spectacular.

What about the hidden selection thingy. Add the backprop make you die and small blood splat on the tail. Just small - no rambo yihaa cartoon stuff. :)

Anyway nice to have you back. The different camos will come in handy!

Alex

the mr blobby inspired pink and yellow polka dot camo is not psycho-ops, its to let the other blokes in our squad see me first and at least give them a chance before i slaughter them all. ;)

Shaitan;1363767']the mr blobby inspired pink and yellow polka dot camo is not psycho-ops' date=' its to let the other blokes in our squad see me first and at least give them a chance before i slaughter them all. ;)[/quote']

Hehehehe, well Sam if last week's performance was anything to go by then you not only want to look like Mr Blobby, but you also fly like him too!! :p

Seriously though, Hammy from our team has said that he'd quite like that 3 tone Grey, Green and Black camo we use on our own ground vehicles in VBS1 used on the helos as well, I'll see if I can make up a quick concept version and post it here to see what the rest of you think.

Regards,

-- Archangel

Nice to see these in ARMA2. :)

Will you use the new shaders? (think thats what its called yeah?) to make the surface look ARMA2 spectacular.

What about the hidden selection thingy. Add the backprop make you die and small blood splat on the tail. Just small - no rambo yihaa cartoon stuff. :)

Anyway nice to have you back. The different camos will come in handy!

Alex

Good news Alex, I've been experimenting with the textures associated with the new shaders and they seem to be working quite well, I've toned them down a bit for the olive paint because it tends to be matt rather than glossy, probably to reduce glare and reflection.

Here's the 3 tone green/grey/black scheme.

The final version will have more green and less grey in it though, this is just an example.

ah1s_4.jpg

Enjoy.

-- Archangel

Edited by [SEN]Archangel
Corrections

hey cap'n that looks almost like the camo scheme we use on our westland lynx attack helos here in the uk, except minus the black. i like it though as it matches those tanks we have. ;)

This might be unrealistic, but how bout an active camouflage one. ie Predator. Would definitely need to place limits on its use. Perhaps have some kind of generator that needs to be charged to use it so you onyl get 30 seconds of use every 3-5 minutes. I know the DoD is working on such cammo and has already demonstrated it but its still limited by power supply so a infantry unit couldn't utilize it till we get some fusion batteries, but a tank or heli could possibly use it. To make it fair it would definitely need to have the rough refraction/multi-faceted a la predator, not just something completely transparent.

Effective and practical light-bending and/or active optical based camouflage is still pretty much in it's infancy at the moment and wouldn't really be practical in-game unless as part of some sci-fi element. Someone did a fairly convincing Predator character for OFP a few years ago, so it's certainly possible especially using the lighting options available for the new skins, you could have a unit that is invisible but have the light reflect off it in a way which gives it a very faint wavey or bumpy effect, more noticable when moving.

But that is probably a project for the far future, right now I'll be focusing on fairly realistic/plausible units for the time being.

And as a bonus to the AH-1's I've also added these reskinned UH-1Y's to the Helo pack I'm working on.

uh1s_1.jpg

I'll be adding hidden selections and markings 'etc' if/when BIS release the source models to the community as I'd need to be able to edit the models in Oxygen before I can add anything to them.

I'll probably release the beta in a week or two depending on how I get on with the skinning, configs, scripts and of course the testing.

Enjoy.

-- Archangel

hey chief. the lads at www.armedassault.info have posted your above message in their news..... all of the above message.... just looks weird considering that they included your reply to eightball in it too. ;)

Hi Sam,

Just seen it, no worries though as he's given a link to this forum anyway so they'll see the guy's post above mine and it'll all make sense. :) Besides I'm sure my talk on active camouflage was rather 'enlightening' to everyone, hehehehe.

I've noticed a bug with the default AH-1Z model, it doesn't use the damage rvmat for the main and tail rotors when they get damaged on mine, I don't suppose you could test that out for me and compare it to the other helo's just in case it's something I've done when I messed with the models. Should be easy for you Sam - just blast the rotor blades with whatever weapon you like and see if the textures change after a while - they should become worn and full of bullet holes 'etc'.

Regards,

-- Archangel

Edited by [SEN]Archangel
typos

Ok here's a logical modification to the interior of virtually every aircraft. The horizon display, i forget its technical name isn't visible when there's a shadow over it. I was hoping someone out there would turn it into a true light emitting display.

Hi All,

Here's a quick update with a link to a video I've uploaded to YouTube that shows the countermeasures script that's used in our Helo pack in action. (if it lets me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUBiT2kald4&feature=channel_page

I've used the RH Heli Sound mod in this vid and our own Olive drab UH-1Y.

All the scripting is complete for this pack, so all that's left is to fine tune and test them before I release these to the Arma2 community.

Please note that these will require the extended event handlers that come with the CBA (Community Base Addons).

Enjoy,

-- Archangel

Edited by [SEN]Archangel
link added