Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

HiFi SFX

First a statement.

Hi,

You know if your sat at home enjoying HiFi FX right now there is something you need to know. Sometime ago my computer containing all my sound & music files died :( . I was on the verge of a new HiFi release and going through some personal troubles of my own. I can't explain to you how low I felt, I had no internet access at home and due to financial problems struggled to get any access at all.

During this difficult time in my life I'd made some good good friends and met some fantastic people. People whom, saved me and HiFi from god only knows what. Dispite all that happened and my limited net access these guys came together and posted me enough components to build a pc from the ground up. Not just any pc either, one that can run A2 on good setting and support another gift I recieved a Creative XFI. Not only did these guys do that for me, for FREE. They helped me personally move past my problems in R/L. Something I am forever grateful for. I've said it before, but I think it requires saying again...

Thankyou to a great bunch of friends and the single best online community on the WWW.

And now to name and shame, sorry lads but you deserve to have your names in stone imo, but this is the best I can do..also, no order of greatness, just as you pop into my head !

The contributors

Vann my wife Who paid H&M customs charges, I love you x

John Motherboard/HD/PSU/Heatsink fan etc etc

Jon Graphics Card

Jon 'the Northerner' 4gb's of RAM

Pteradon CPU Dualcore 2.6

WYZe1 For the offer of another Motherboard

The Helpful

Simon C likemindedness/config assistance

Banderas Assistance/support

Rabalo RS Assistance/support

Q/Kju Totally helpful, totally underestimated

Jay Moral support

Jason Testing

Cole Testing/support

Trapper Testing/support/scripts

the D Games, and good ones at that !

JMAN Total Support

Pauld Feedback/support

Cross support and supplier of forgotten passwords ;)

Pufu Support/Ace2 liason

Timo D Good advice/support

Richiespeed Remember Vid 4 new GAU 8 mate ;)

Rico for you know what :D

Emery steady supply of soundwork for awesome models

Randy Stratton steady supply of soundwork for awesome models

Deano's Beano I've not forgotton about the nuke mate

If I missed you out, sorry I'll update it as my memory improves

Also, a big thanks to

Kellys Heroes Clan

Armaholic

Armed Assault info

ArmA2Base.de

OFPEC

BIS forums

Sickboy and the ACE2 team, for a great mod and adding HiFi to the SIX System

So, like I said, if your hiding behind the sofa, ducking for cover and generally enjoying HiFi..You have these guys uptop to thank...

HiFi SFX modules Beta

by Mark XIII

Package contents

HiFi_Air - Some choppers and jets I consider beta ready

HiFi_Weapons_long - All the weapons redone with extended trailoffs

HiFi_Crew served/mounted weapons + hits/explosions

HiFi_Environment - Ambient FX

HiFi_Bullethits - for all smallarms calibers from 9mm up to 12.7mm

HiFi_Sonic Cracks + Secondary Explosions

Disclaimer

I would like to state that I take no responsibilty for any damage that may occure to equipement or persons whilst using latest HiFi modules, in particular the weapons & explosions, which are extremely loud in first person compared to other releases.

YOMA Addonsync Link

@HiFi SFX (Beta)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

@HiFi Air (Beta)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

@HiFi Vehicle Weapons (Beta)

@HiFi Weapons Long (Beta)

Complete Package Temp mirror (please mirror this)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu:9000/Arma2/downloads/addons/

Please direct comments to:

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=3310&p=28537#p28537

NEW HiFi Video Channel - if you like HiFi subscribe

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHiFiTeam

Note, HiFi A10 is included in the air package.

Edited by Mark XIII
Releases

Wow. That's all I have to say regarding the sounds. :D

Any idea how this works with MP yet? Due to the change in GAU-8 firing modes from auto to burst.

Very nice!! Unfortunately I have no constructive criticism to offer you. The best GAU-8 sound I've ever heard! I'm going to use it in lomac as well.

I should have mentioned earlier, Look under USMC in the editor. We made it a separate class to the standard BIS A10. This was done purely because I didn't want to edit the default A10's firemodes. I wanted an A10 that worked like the one in SLX mod for A1 :)

This way, no campaign problems :)

Zipper5

One issue I did notice is that the @HiFi_A10 folder just has the PBO inside of it, not an AddOns folder.

Doh!!!! Hehe, ok I'll sort this out for an update :)

Edited by Mark XIII
My own stupidity

Nice one Mark. One issue I did notice is that the @HiFi_A10 folder just has the PBO inside of it, not an AddOns folder. So some people are going to come here saying "ZOMG IT DOESN'T WORK!!111one" when they didn't check to see if the folder was set up right. But great work indeed. :D

may i just ask why is this in 'completed' addons when it's beta ? :) ...

may i just ask why is this in 'completed' addons when it's beta ? :) ...

Quote the Addons and Mods: Discussion forum rules:

As soon as content is released even if Alpha state, the thread should then be moved to A&M:Complete (PM a moderator with the link).

:p

Dwarden

may i just ask why is this in 'completed' addons when it's beta ? ...

You can ask mate :) all I can say about it is.....I was doing a readme, uploading and trying to work on another update at the same time :(

My apologies for the mistake, You can move it if you like but it will be updated tomorrow to full release anyway :)

Arghh too many sound packs now, there's yours, RH heli, tracked vehicles and VOP. I want a combination of the 4. Might have to dust off the sound pack skills from OFP.

Love the GAU sound, sounds like god undoing his zipper (trademark someone else)

Hey mate you can use this with all of the other packs, its a seperate addon really. And yes the GAU makes the most awesome sounds..GODLIKE :)

Mark XIII just so you know. I just came in my pants at the sound of that. Yes that was a little to far but hot damn I love the sound of the GAU-8! Love your work!

The GAU sound is great, but I want to change the stock sound for it in arma :(

Hey mate you can use this with all of the other packs, its a seperate addon really. And yes the GAU makes the most awesome sounds..GODLIKE :)

I just saw VOP sound is modular, this is great can use all 4 together now!

Love ya work mate!

So this mod create new A10 called HiFi A10 right? not replacing the BiS A10 sound? at least thats how it was for me. I dl it from armaholic

Sounds pretty cool Mark. :D

Checking out now and doing a replacement config for the A10 class itself.

You can use this and VOP since it adds another A-10. Plus you can use the tracked soundaddon and robert hammers helicopter sounds. All 4 works together without problems.

Just thaught i mention it.

Great sounds Mark as always and thanks for the lesson last night. You know what i mean. ;)

Cheers

Alex

Does this work in multiplayer? I can imagine it causing problems if one person sees one A-10 and someone else sees another. Although if it's a server-side mod then I guess it'd work fine. :)

Hi,

I just wanted to thankyou all for your lovely comments. It made me super happy last night reading what you guys have said so far, its exactly what I wanted :) I'll be sticking to doing smaller things until I get the word otherwise....

Anyways, afew things

@Binkowski

Dude that made me fall off my chair laughing, glad it had the desired effect. Also I maybe using that quote in my sig....coz its awesome :)

@Mr_Centipede

Yes, it is a seperate addon...but keep reading

@Robalo_AS

Thanks for the vids and the replacement config, if its ok with you I'll add the config to my next update ?

@SimonC

I think using the replacement Robalo did you should be fine multiplayer, to use the HiFi A10, the mission maker would need to add it to the mission :(

I'm going to try and update the A10 today. Probably gonna work on the external throttle sound if I can, make it longer.

BTW that reminds me, After watching the vids I'm sure it needs some volume tweaking...volume over range etc. please give me feedback on this as I didn't let the AI test out the A10's much.

Another little thing..

};

frequency = "1.0 min (rpm + 0.5)";

volume = "engineOn*(rpm factor[0.85, 0])";

};

Could some bright spark clue me up as to how this effects the sound ingame ?

Thanks again guys for the support & mirrors ;)

So if I install this and an A10 is used in the campaign that will default to BIS sounds right?

I would much rather is had a flexible version to replace stock a10 .. I know you had issue to effect campaigns, but cant it be worked slightly so it will work in both situations?

Wouldn't ask but it sounds loverly ... really want this stock too.

Edited by mrcash2009

Mark, good to see you back doing what you do best. Hope you'll continue working on your fantastic sound mods!

One thing though: The new A10 engine sound, how does is sound in flyby? Is that nice engine whine there? Like you hear in the 2nd part of this vid

Thx again

Edited by OverDawg

Mark, good to see you back doing what you do best. Hope you'll continue working on your fantastic sound mods!

One thing though: The new A10 engine sound, how does is sound in flyby? Is that nice engine whine there? Like you hear in the 2nd part of this vid

Thx again

Damn I forgot to ask the same thing.

is it possible to make a video so we can ear the A-10 sounds from the ground?