Sign in to follow this  
Fergal

Can't connect

When I try to connect to any server I get a "Connection Failed" error message.

I have tried everything on my router, port forwarding etc, even moved my PC down to where the router is plugged in to bypass the router and I still can't connect.

Where does the game get it's multiplayer listings? For me it only seems to list games which have very few players on.

If I look at a site like game-monitor I can see much more servers listed. Why do these not show up in game? If I try to connect to any of these by coping the IP address and entering it into remote I still get a failed connection.

Hi Fergal

I will try to help :)

Just answer these questions to begin with.

What publisher did you buy ArmA from?

What version of ArmA II are you using?

Have you updated to the latest patch?

Kind Regards walker

I will try to help :)

Thanks.

Q. What publisher did you buy ArmA from?

A. 505 Games

Q. What version of ArmA II are you using?

A. 1.02.58134

Q. Have you updated to the latest patch?

A. Yes

I finally got time to try the solutions in the link above but it does not work.

I've managed to connect 3 times overall since I got the game. While in game, is there a way to check what the servers current IP address and port number are? Maybe there's a common theme with the servers I can connect to.

I'll post it here, as it's not necessary to create new thread with my problem I guess..

With czech version (and with the latest patch) of the game, when I try to connect to some servers (roughly 2/3 or 3/4 of them), It will say something about problems with addons/glt_lhd.pbo file and disconnect me.. it advises me to delete the file.. should I do that? I don't want only to replace one group of servers with another..

when a server has verifySignatures=1 you cant connect.

For Westmoreland yes you need to delete it.Or make a new map put that file in there and try to connect wanna bet you could.

Fergal try a clean .exe without the mods and the what ever you will connect.

ok i couldnt connect to mulltiplayer servers either at first.

now to join a server you shouldnt have to open a port, only if your planning on hosting should you have to open the port.

you will have to allow a port on a firewall but usually most firewalls will automatically ask you to allow it.

now over the years on my router ive opened a lot of ports for various games . on a couple of games i had something wierd where if i had the port open i could host the game but not join other servers.

so i would have to open and close the port depending on whether i was hosting or joining

so to try and get arma II MP working, on my router i removed all the ports i allowed except for a couple of programs and then i could join all servers on multiplayer no problem..

my router is a netgear wr614

list of ports i closed were.

48942 - 48957

26900 - 26907

2300 - 2400

1900 - 1900

27000 - 27015

27020 - 27050

was one of them but no idea which one.

never know someone else may have similar problem so thought i'd post.