Sign in to follow this  
Brute

Set seat position in vehicle

I remember seeing this explained in another thread however searching hasnt produced the desired thread therefore could someone tell me how to set the position of the player in a vehicle? I am attempting to put the player in the back of the MH-60S instead of the front for transport.

I remember seeing this explained in another thread however searching hasnt produced the desired thread therefore could someone tell me how to set the position of the player in a vehicle? I am attempting to put the player in the back of the MH-60S instead of the front for transport.

player moveincargo [plane1,1] will put him in the back (co-pilot seat = 0)

I have tried that in both the MH-60S's initialization field and the players however no matter what cargo index i enter it doesnt change my position in the heli

I have tried that in both the MH-60S's initialization field and the players however no matter what cargo index i enter it doesnt change my position in the heli

dont start with the unit inside the vehicle

dont start with the unit inside the vehicle

Thats not really an option, the helis are out at sea transporting troops to a village.

You can place the Troop on the ground anywhere in the Editor, and as long as you have the "moveInCargo" thing in it's init field, it'll start the missions in the heli.

Sorry i dont really understand what you are asking me to do exactly? The units are currently next to the heli in the editor?

you have your helicopter. Name it, for example helo1. then in the init lint of every unit put this code where IDX # will be 0,1,2,3,4.... for each cargo position. If that Does not work then you are not understanding the directions and need to clarify what you do not understand.

this moveInCargo [helo1,IDX #];

also the wiki

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/moveInCargo

@Brute

Don't link the unit to the heli through F2.

In the unit's init field type in :

this moveincargo [heli,1]

If you still want the unit to be in group with the heli, add :

[this] join heli

Just don't forget to place

;

in between the 2 pieces.

Good luck buddy!

Is the player grouped with the heli? Actually, even grouped it works, just if you're the leader the heli starts where you were instead of where you placed it.

If you place a Rifleman someone on the island, and put player moveincargo [plane1,1]; in it's init field, then you place an MH-60S (flying!) over the water somewhere and call it plane1 and Preview your mission, your rifleman will end up in the backseat of the heli.

Edited by kylania

Thats what i have already done mate

Is the player grouped with the heli? Actually, even grouped it works, just if you're the leader the heli starts where you were instead of where you placed it.

If you place a Rifleman someone on the island, and put player moveincargo [plane1,1]; in it's init field, then you place an MH-60S (flying!) over the water somewhere and call it plane1 and Preview your mission, your rifleman will end up in the backseat of the heli.

best to use THIS instead of player... just incase that unit is not player.

If it's not putting im the right place that means that something else (other than the moveInCargo command) is placing him in there first. If your unit is grouped to the aircraft, make sure you don't have the special set to "In Cargo", since that will take effect before the moveInCargo command executes (and hence will stick him in the first open cargo position).

I got it working, thanks guys

What do I need to do if I want to set the unit as the driver of a vehicle that starts out at sea or flying?

Ugh.

Ignore. :( The bus wasn't empty.

Edited by Tankbuster

What do I need to do if I want to set the unit as the driver of a vehicle that starts out at sea or flying?

any thoughts fellas?

You need to be a it more specific. If you create a vehicle that isn't empty, it has a driver in it.

Was wondering the same thing.

if I for example whant a Unit from a addon to apper as pilot in an empty Helli/plain/Car/armored (from the start of the game).

For example I whant to use the Swedish addon and make the swedish pilot fly a helli at start of the game (sins that addon dont got any Air vehicles yett) so I whant to use a USMC helli as a replacement, what wold I do then?

Place your pilot unit in the editor and name it "Pilot", then spawn the empty Heli of your choice (make sure special is set to flying) and remember to name it. In the Pilots init field put this:

Pilot assignAsDriver HeliName; Pilot moveInDriver HeliName;

That should do what you want, you can then set waypoints for him rather than the vehicle.

Place your pilot unit in the editor and name it "Pilot", then spawn the empty Heli of your choice (make sure special is set to flying) and remember to name it. In the Pilots init field put this:
Pilot assignAsDriver HeliName; Pilot moveInDriver HeliName;

That should do what you want, you can then set waypoints for him rather than the vehicle.

Ah tnx alot! Tried the "this getincargo" a hundred times in all the diferent seats :D

Ty and have a good one! :)

theres a super simple way... no scripting required. just create a pilot and add him to the helicopter's group and set him as "in cargo". that way its more realistic because it looks like he's a co-pilot. and it will also get you in the seat you want.

Edited by TheConfuzzler