Sign in to follow this  
maxioscarzz

Manhattan - captain shaftoe bug

Whe i start the mission i reported to the cpl. and he told me to go to the hill to all was fine i speak with captain shaftoe and all, but later ingame i meet a bug so i restarted the mission. when i was searching for cpt.shaftoe i found him but he was dead so i couldnt recive the task, i restarted the mission like 10 times and no fix, he was allways dead, any posible fix?

I've had a bug where I ran up the hill and Shaftoe and his table were both gone. His laptop was still there though hovering in mid air.

One time when i was playing manhattan (i keep having to restart it as my save games wont load without crashing to desktop :mad:) shaftoe & all the other marines hit the dirt for some unknown reason but he kept chatting to me as normal! Also look at the mans eyes, they spin like he's on something lol!

I had this as well.

If he is dead or missing you need to restart the mission from the beginning.

This mission is very cool but the 5000000 bugs in this steaming pile of crap make it nearly impossible to complete all the objectives.

Restarting the mission or even the mission before doesn't help, Ct Shaftoe is always dead.

ok the following worked for me dont ask me why but it did.

i reset the view distance to under 1000m then when i got there he was alive then just reset it to 10,000m after the breif he gives. every thing after that worked fine, well as well as the buggest game from hell can work.

i do like ARMA2 tho, in a few years the game will be ace.

hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Onward, onward through the mud, Advancing onward to shed their blood Within the crews there are deep bonds

Alas many lie in the green fields beyond.

2nd Royal Tank Regiment

R.I.P Op Herrick fallen.

Shaftoe is dead here too. Mission fucked up, no chance to get him back alive... Here my campaign ends... so does my Arma2 single player option...

Horrible buggy game... so much potential but all wasted for a quicker release. No good idea at all...

I play V1.02 of game and with visibility at 1600 m all of the time , Shaftoe is always there with his table and alive LOL

Well I've just completed all of the tasks.

I waited for something to happen (mission over or something like that) but nothing did.

So I returned to the base and what do know, he's dead, under his desk.

The mission just won't end :confused:

Well I've just completed all of the tasks.

I waited for something to happen (mission over or something like that) but nothing did.

So I returned to the base and what do know, he's dead, under his desk.

The mission just won't end :confused:

Yes that's what happend to me too :(

I had this as well.

If he is dead or missing you need to restart the mission from the beginning.

This mission is very cool but the 5000000 bugs in this steaming pile of crap make it nearly impossible to complete all the objectives.

To be honest, I completed Manhattan two times, without particular bugs (in my opinion). Really.

It took me about 3/4 hours each time to complete it.The only problems I encountered were:

- missing artillery script

- Laghushina not able to take the helicopter: I carried here with me all around the map.

- teletransport bug: Team razor leader "teletransported" to Manhattan base. I found him on a helicopter...

Meanwhile, the support squad to attack the main chedaki base worked, using code 0-0-1.

I was able to complete the mission twice regularly. With score 7.400 points.

Edited by eirulan