Sign in to follow this  
hekuball

help need with basic training

Hi

I seem to be stuck on something in basic training. In First Aid I can go into drag or carry mode but then unable to move - for instnace Ive got the guy over my shoulders in carry position but unable to move in any direction, how do I get the wounded guy over to the instructor as requested???

thanks

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

I forgot that i was in crouch and you cant do eother maneouver in that mode, silly noob.:p

Hi

I'm stuck on a basic training mission "High Command". When it asks me to move all groups near the truck the move to is greyed out and the only command available is set waypoint. Can anyone help me please? Thank you.

Edit:(Note this question is answered underneath)

Hi, quick question about Arma II (not OA). Does anyone know whether any of the basic training missions still work? I've tried them now and every one stops working mid way. For example: At the firing range, the instructor says I should shooting a few targets, then immediately tells me maybe I should try again before I go into the field. He gets stuck in an infinite loop repeating himself. This happens consistently. On the heavy weapons range, after destroying the third target the task simply seems to stop. No response from the instructor at all. Any ideas? If the missions were simply broken as part of a patch then it would be good to know I should just give on them rather than keep trying.

Would appreciate anyone taking a second to reply

Kind Regards

Edit:

Posting this in case anyone else has the same problem and searches the forums:

So in answer to my original question (from phoning people, not from these forums) it seems that the training missions on the original Arma II don't work at all, but, the training missions on Arma II Operation Arrowhead DO work (at the time of writing which is August 2011 and referring to Steam version). They pretty much teach the same thing so use those instead. If anyone manages to find a way to make the missions in the original Arma II work PLEASE post here so others can find it. If someone from Arma II support stumbles across this some word would be hugely appreciated

Thanks, A

Edited by atsmith6

You could just start up ArmA2 on it's own and play through the training missions that way if they aren't working with OA.

I have both A2 and OA on Steam, and I have no problems running any of the training missions. Are you using any mods or something that may cause these problems?

So in answer to my original question (from phoning people, not from these forums) it seems that the training missions on the original Arma II don't work at all, but, the training missions on Arma II Operation Arrowhead DO work (at the time of writing which is August 2011 and referring to Steam version). They pretty much teach the same thing so use those instead. If anyone manages to find a way to make the missions in the original Arma II work PLEASE post here so others can find it. If someone from Arma II support stumbles across this some word would be hugely appreciated

I noticed the exact same thing, just set up a fresh A2+OA install.

When running basic training with combined ops (Arma2OA.exe with no mods), the A2 firing range training is not working like you describe.

And the tank training has its problems, too. After I destroy the third tank, I get engaged by the group that I am supposed to go hunt down in the nearby village in MOUT after AT training. The buggers are firing at me, while I am still with the instructor, LOL.

Edited by Old_Painless

I just ran all Arma 2 boot camp missions after a fresh install a few weeks ago. I always run Combined Operations from Steam, and I had no problems with the firing range at all. Are you people running any mods?

The thing with the heavy weapons training have always been there, you just need to fire all three weapons quickly, otherwise the MOUT team might have enough time to approach and attack you.

The thing with the heavy weapons training have always been there, you just need to fire all three weapons quickly, otherwise the MOUT team might have enough time to approach and attack you.

I think that came about after some Arma2 patch, probably more lethal AI or something. Originally you could finish the heavy weapons training and you should then talk to the instructor. He would give you the choice whether to proceed to the village nearby for MOUT.

i've seen the control schemes HOW DO I GET PAST THE MAP SCREEN.

I go to do a mission, I see a map, with a lot of good info on what i will be doing. I press every god dam button on my keyboard, and still; STUCK ON THE MAP SCREEN. Please all i want to do is play the game!

Try clicking on everything on the screen with the mouse instead. :j:

I noticed the exact same thing, just set up a fresh A2+OA install.

When running basic training with combined ops (Arma2OA.exe with no mods), the A2 firing range training is not working like you describe.

And the tank training has its problems, too. After I destroy the third tank, I get engaged by the group that I am supposed to go hunt down in the nearby village in MOUT after AT training. The buggers are firing at me, while I am still with the instructor, LOL.

I had no problems with firing range when playing with A2 CO 1.60 BETA, but about that other problem I also experienced that and someone had created ticket for it too: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16362