Sign in to follow this  
Bon

coop14 Hunt Waldo v0.9 (Utes)

Hello ArmA2 Community,

my first real coop mission is done, or, lets say, is almost done, because I dont really have the possibilities to test it.

So I am free to ask you to try to play it from the beginning to the end and search for things that have to be fixed or require improvements.

Before I post whats the content of this mission I have to say that I used a lot of scripts that were originally written by Xeno.

Xeno, if that is not what you like to see please tell me, then I have to rewrite them for myself. But since it is awesome work you did I think it would not make any sense not to use them. ^^.

Anyways it is mentioned in the ingame notes.

Well, here is what I have written in the ingame briefing and the ingame notes:

BRIEFING:

The main goal of the mission is to find Waldo, the oppositions leader, and extract him to the LHD carrier.

1. Start as USMC from the LHD. Clear the LZ (what's the beach south of Strelka actually) on Utes so you can securely land on the island.

2. Clear Strelka, destroy its Radar tower.

3. Conquer the airfield.

4. Make your way to Kameny, and search for Waldo, the enemy's commander.

5. Once you've found Waldo, bring him to the LHD. ALIVE!

Mission accomplished if Waldo is on the carrier,

mission failed if Waldo is dead.

NOTES:

Everyone will respawn on the carrier. Since Strelka is cleared the pilot can load a supply box on the carrier, drop it wherever it is appropriate. Near the dropped box let the Engineer build your new respawn point.

The chopper can lift your technicals placed on the carrier. Flying skills are recommended for this mission.

Never leave the helicopter but on the carrier. It wont respawn until it is destroyed.

On the carrier you have access to special weapons (dependent on which class you are playing). Request your pilot to bring you to the carrier during the mission, so you can rearm there. When the airfield is clear you can build another spawn point, with your special weapons being available there.

After the LZ and Strelka are cleared, the commander can request artillery fire missions.

The Commander can use the Command module to command his troups.

Radio towers can only be destroyed by satchel charges.

Vehicles can be repaired at the Vehicle Service. Note that enemy vehicles can only be lifted when a friendly unit is assigned as its driver.

Chopper Spawntime: 30 seconds; HMMWV Spawntime: 5 minutes; LAV Spawntime: 7.5 minutes.

Troups are:

1 Commander,

2 Squads á 1xSL, 1xAR, 2xAT,

1 Squad of 2xMedic

1 Sniper

1 Engineer

Thats it, I really hope there will be some people who enjoys this mission, and that there wont be too much that has to be fixed afterwards.

If you like it, I will write an extended version for chernarus.

Here's the mission: http://10th-community.com/arma2/10th-missions/hunt_waldo.utes.pbo

Here are some screens: http://10th-community.com/index.php?site=gallery&galleryID=77

Regards, Bon_Inf*.

Sounds good, looked good, great fps on the Carrier, but thats as far as we got. As the only pilot i could not take off, Engine running nothing.

Plus an AAV stuck on the ammo crate.

Hi SnR,

I really really appreciate your responce, since it is the only way for me to get some feedback, and I'm sorry it did not work out on the first attempt.

The AAV is not supposed to be able to move. Using the respawn on the carrier means not to respawn ON the carrier but into it. So I inserted the AAV as a workaround (after respawn your player will be moved in the AAV).

I hope that's what you meant with "stuck on the crate". Otherwise I cannot reproduce it, the crate is created 5m away from the AAVs position (and I increased that by 10m now).

What shocked me is that you cannot take off with the UH1? How can that be, of course it worked fine for me and my mate I already tested the mission with. I played it as the client+host machine as well as a client on dedicated server, and despite off that there are some different behavioristics it was never a problem to use the helicopter.

Can you give some more detail about this issue? Does the rotor spin but it doesn't take off? Is the chopper glitched into the carrier?

Thx in advance.

EDIT: I improved the vehicle position settings a bit by swapping the setPos command with the setPosASL command (which I discovered recently). Perhaps that fixes all the "spawn objects on the static carrier object" your heli problem probably was related to.

Edited by Bon

There was two of us online and we both took turns as pilots to get things happening. Yes she motors up, Rotors spining and full throttle........but no lift off.

Thank you for your quick response, will upload any future version on to our server as they come.

A newer version is available now.

Some bugs are fixed (vehicle service, heli lifting after JIP).

The bug with the heli lift-off as it is mentioned above seems to be fixed, since there where already some servers running the mission (hey guys, thanks for your curiosity) where everyone was able to fly with the helicopter.

Please download the updated version and have fun, there might still be a lot of bugs which cannot be fixed unless you report them.

Hi Community,

sorry for the next update so close to the previous one, but the current changes are urgent to take over.

changelog:

- fixed this "spawn-in-water" issue (hope so)

- fixed this "vehicle-resupplies-only-after-second-attempt" issue

- disabled AI

- removed enemy air patrol from ACM

- added Blackhawk helicopter (+ Pilot).

Only the BH can lift vehicles.

Only the UH1 can load and drop boxes for Spawnpoint build.

- artillery delay now increased to 25 minutes

Download v1.1 from the link above, report bugs as you meet some.

Thx.

Hey Bon, maybe noob question but how do you build spawn point as engineer?

Edited by Bissh0p

Hey Bon, maybe noob question but how do you build spawn point as engineer?

Hi Bissh0p,

after Strelka is cleared, the UH1 Pilot has to land on the carrier to load a supply box. This box the pilot then can drop in an appropriate distance to the airfield.

The engineer then should be able to build a spawnpoint in a range of 50m around the box.

Same story after you cleared the airfield.

This feature took some effort for me especially for people who joined in progress, since there will also be created a local weapons box for every player, but in tests at the end all worked really nice.

Anyways, if it does not work with you please write it down here.

Hf.

will try this out over the weekend with the guys.

Thanks for the effort, keep building!

Hi Waldo Hunters :D

as I mentioned already on armaholic.com I met this situation recently:

- supportbox loaded with the UH1

- crashed UH1 before the box was dropped :cool:

- UH1 respawns

- box lost, no chance to get a new one.

Well, not a big deal, but could be frustrating anyway. So I fixed it.

Please download the updated version from the link above or from armaholic.com.

Hi,

After we clear the LZ and destroy the comm tower (both show as green and completed), we are able to take the supply box and drop it near the LZ. We did, however, experience the problem where the supply box will only load once in the UH1 but updated to the latest version and didn't see it again.

First drop box had a label of "Spoiled" and so we tried again. We got the "Loading supply box" message on the carrier and I dropped it at the LZ (almost directly on top of the marker).

No matter what, the Engineer cannot build a spawn point. I assume this would be done by accessing the Action menu and choosing an option. We get nothing.

Is this a bug or are we missing something?

Cool mission, though. We like it a lot.

Hi,

unfortunately since v1.1 JIP players were not able to heal or build respawns (i.e. were able to use the BIS modules). Reason as simple as fatal: Disabling the AI made the JIP players not synchronize to the modules anymore.

Didn't consider this. So here official update to v1.2, AI enabled again. Also, to make it official too:

fixed this situation:

- supportbox loaded with the UH1

- crashed UH1 before the box was dropped

- UH1 respawns

- box lost, no chance to get a new one.

Many many thanks to Focher, who made me notice the disabledAI mistake.

Mission link: http://10th-community.com/download.php?fileID=20

Edited by Bon

Hey Bon, would it be possible to add the F-35B to the aircraft carrier) :)

Love the mission, my friend and I been playing it for hours!

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

4461144.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Hey Bon, would it be possible to add the F-35B to the aircraft carrier) :)

Love the mission, my friend and I been playing it for hours!

Thanks for your encouragement.

Here a (unofficial) version with a Lightning II added onto the carrier.

http://10th-community.com/arma2/10th-missions/hunt_waldo_jet.utes.pbo

Spawntime 60 seconds.

EDIT: Feel free to customize this mission on your own. Unpack the PBO with a PBO Extractor (e.g. the ArmA UnPBO), move the unpacked mission folder to your Documents\ArmA2 Profile\missions folder and open it in the editor. Place whatever u desire onto the carrier, copy the Initline entries from the other vehicles.

Edited by Bon

Bon, still no luck with creating the spawn point after clearing the LZ and radio tower, then dropping the supply box on the island. Using the Engineer, we get nothing.

Hi Focher,

sorry I could not reproduce your problem. Tried it out once again with a buddy and recorded it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSg2ahJhEdg

I tried both, starting a dedicated server joining as clients only as well as a regular ingame session. Both worked.

Then I tested the JIP behavior, also no problems.

I would like to invite you and your mates to join our mumble server (10th-community.com:64738, pass not required) to test it together. Actually I never ever really played this mission but in testing, so it would be a nice experience for me also. :D

Strange, we just do not get the menu option to build anything as you show in your video. We also have tried swapping out as the Engineer so we could each try. Just to confirm:

1) Clear LZ. Get "LZ Cleared" notification and triangle goes green.

2) Blow up radio tower. Get "Tower destroyed" notification and triangle goes green.

3) Get in UH1 and receive "Loading supply box" message.

4) Fly to area on island - we have tried the LZ and the small island as you show in the video - land, and choose Drop Box from the menu. Receive confirmation that the box is "Deployed". We see the box sitting on the beach.

5) Take engineer close to box and bring up action menu. This is where we get nothing.

Is it possible that we aren't doing something to trigger the situation? Or that we die in between the time we should create a spawn point and when we try?

I tried your Mumble server but unfortunately you weren't there. We are in Australia, so might be hard to coordinate.

Hi Focher,

after the engineer respawned the Construction module is not working anymore. For me its clear why, but really dont know how to fix that because it is hardcoded.

So I have to consult the guys in the forum for that, hoping to get it working in the near future (think in CTI it is working, so there might exist a solution).

So far my only advice is to safe the engineer until you need him.

Cheers.

P.S.: I decided now to remove all the modules, can't work with them being so buggy (or, to be fair, lets say "being not convenient to my purposes").

Instead I will implement the features by hand and provide version 1.3 within the next days.

Edited by Bon

Sad as I am that the problem seems larger than one hopes, at least we are not crazy! I cannot tell you how many times my mate yelled at me that I was dropping the crate in the wrong place.

Even without the spawn point, it's a great coop mission. Keep at it.

Downloading now - really like some the scripted ideas you have there - eagre to pull this thing to bits after I've played it to see what makes it tick!

Another shovel of kudos to xeno from me also - he was a huge help when tweaking my edition of his excellent domination gamemode which eventually brought about the mando version.

All hail the scripting gods!

changelog:

- removed all modules that have to be synchronized with units (incompatible to respawning) except High Command

- added by-hand-implemention of respawnpoint build

- integrated the medics into the squads

- task-fix after respawn

- added Spawn dialogue

Mission link: http://10th-community.com/download.php?fileID=20

Edited by Bon

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

8985065.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.