Sign in to follow this  
suma

Patch 1.02 Stability Survey

How has the patch 1.02 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?  

554 members have voted

1. 1. How has the patch 1.02 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?

• - Fixed: The patch has fixed some serious issue for me
    • - No issues: The game ran quite well for me even before
    • - Not fixed: I am experiencing some serious issue which it did not fix
    • - New issues: It introduced some new serious issue for me
    • - Mixed: The patch has solved some issues but created some new ones

I have tried to read the patch feedback thread, however the thread is way too long and disorganized for my busy and systematic brain. :) That is why I start this Patch 1.02 Satisfaction and Stability Surveys.

I will leave comments enabled for now, but please, keep your comments short and factual. The purpose of this poll is to check how the patch has dealt with major issues. I will open another survey shortly about the general satisfaction with the patch.

Experiencing MP Dedicated Server crashes now. I'm into the process of digging usefull info for you, and verifying if it's server of software related (long task seeing the size of RTP files)

don't know if this is the .exe you need info about, though :) , is this only for client exe or shall I answer based on server exe too?

Edited by whisper

1 - Im still CTDing without a message or anything.

2 - Sight becomes very blurry after being shot and stays like that after respawning.

3 - Stuttering increased in certain areas, mostly around the coast and in the air.

4 - Campaign Delaying the bear mission ai doesnt follow orders.

5 - Vehicles still get ejected into the air.

6 - Weapons go to automatic firing everytime you switch to a launcher even when you set it to semi before.

7 - Loading textures closeby still goes to slow sometimes.

8 - Heal is bugged and infinite sometimes.

9 - Sound crackles and act weird when there alot of sounds to play especially with multiple helo's flying close to eachother.

Edited by Fansadox

still lots of random glitches such as:

Screen flickering of textures

AI path finding

No OnScreen Debug messages

I have had a stability problem in 1.02 which I was able to resolve:

Description: After about 10-30 minutes of driving or flying around Charnarus, I would get major slowdowns and graphics corruption when I got near an urban area like Chernogorsk or even a smaller town.

Hardware:

- Intel Q6600 (overclocked to 3.2GHz)

- NVidia GTX285 with 1GB DDR3 RAM (not overclocked)

- 4GB DDR2 (PC6400) RAM (not overclocked)

- Windows 7 x64

Because my gfx card has 1GB of memory, I had video memory set to "Default" in game. This worked fine until 1.02, where the problem started. Changing the video memory setting to "Very High" fixed the problem for me. :)

The problem itself was actually very strange. When the graphics corruption started, my framerate would slow to a crawl (3-4fps) and several textures seemed to go completely black (grass) or white (buildings). After a few seconds, the game would seem to minimize. I could still hear in-game sound and the game icon was visible on the desktop, but it was impossible to restore it. I had to end the arma2 process in the task manager.

Note: This is/was not an overheating problem. I have four high-performance 120mm system fans (3x case, 1x CPU) and I have tested my system stability extensively using Prime95. Even after three hours of 100% load (on a warm day), my CPU temperature is stable at 55°c. I also use RivaTuner to increase the fan speed of my GTX285, so that it never gets hotter than 65°c. I monitor my CPU and GPU temperatures in-game on my keyboard (G15) while playing, so I'm 100% sure there is no problem in that area.

Edited by MadDogX

I have experienced only 1 game freeze so far, and that was without the patch ;)

i think *stuttering* is when paging from the HD. does it a lot in some areas. i think its designed to do that, to stream stuff in.

i think *stuttering* is when paging from the HD. does it a lot in some areas. i think its designed to do that, to stream stuff in.

I can second that. When talking to some contacts, I get freezes every few seconds as it appears to access the HDD. I do not get the freezes when in "normal" gameplay.

i think its designed to do that, to stream stuff in.

Absolutely correct, but the streaming is supposed to happen in the background. Ideally it would be 100% transparent and thus not noticable at all by the player. As it stands now, it appears that the streaming causes some stuttering, especially while travelling at high velocities.

I think this poll is an idea but also a semi bad idea, dont give the devs a reason to slack off because "apparently" the users with issues are marginal in the poll..

1.01 run well after tweaking, but with same tweaks or no tweaks etc Im now seeing slight juddering of sorts when playing. its just lacking its smoothness now for me in 1.02. Im noticing mouse issues as well, its not bad but its there, especially when zoomed in to view battlefield at distance and you look with mouse, its got some slight pausing happening.

Tried it all as usual, as I did with 1.01 until I found settings that worked, now alas no settings seem to get me to that point no more.

That poll is like expecting everyone that bought it, to notice the poll for starters, or even come to a forum as many dont.

my thoughts.. :D

Defragmenting the HD after the patch helped me reduce the stuttering.

BIS knows there is still A LOT to do to improve the game, but truth be told, it's pretty stable for me so far. Most problems are feature/script/MP related so far.

I think this poll is an idea but also a semi bad idea, dont give the devs a reason to slack off because "apparently" the users with issues are marginal in the poll..

You obviously know nothing about Bohemia Interactive, slacking off doesn't translate into Czech ;)

I don't know why, but resetting to defaults seemed to improve performance a lot.

Still getting regular CTD's with an error message, only 5-10 minutes after the program being started.

Getting an error message when it happens though, but the crash file is -NOT- being saved where it said it should be, have been unable to find the files so far. Or would of posted the details here.

I'm currently running a

AMD 6000+

4GB RAM

Nvidia 8800 GTX

Windows XP SP3

That poll is like expecting everyone that bought it, to notice the poll for starters, or even come to a forum as many dont.

I prefer to have some data than no data at all. I am aware the data are not 100 % representative. It is only a survey, nothing more.

Stability....ok, I get those "Receiving...." screens and sometimes I can only leave that situation with ALT-F4. Despite that it runs stable.

GPU: 8800GTX on 186.18

WinXP32-SP2

DirectX 9.26

4GB RAM

and a ArmA.rpt full with

...Error: Failed to create surface texture.....

I even installed ArmA 1 again and this one runs fine.

Edited by S!fkaIaC

for me the patch seems to have fixed or smoothing out things, even though i never really notice em, to busy having fun. but i still get random CTD with the arma 2 has stopped working message. i use vista 64bit.

ati 4870 & ati 4850 both 512mb's- still get graphics glitches, with or without crossfire. (esp without, and if video memory is turned up)

arma2 1.01 was working pretty damn well for me - but 1.02 fixed campaign bugs which enabled me to complete some previously abandoned missions.

The patch was great.

Just on thing. Some of the land textures are using the wrong parallax map after the patch.

Dell XPS 420

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850, 3.0 GHz

3.00 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (182.50 drivers)

1.02 introduced texture loading problems and stuttering as described in posts above. The game sometimes freezes for 10 seconds when starting a mission and the models are simple blocks that eventually turn into trees and other objects.

Factory complex, large hotel, monuments and city hall in Chernogorsk have the texture problem as well as some Razor team member faces.

The stuttering happens mainly in city areas and it doesn't feel like the kind of lag that occurs when your settings are too high, more like loading delays.

Overall I hope the performance gets better as even some missions in the campaign are barely playable (lots of LAG), even though I'm slightly above recommended specs.

it had fixt some problems but myn worst problem is the flikkering when i look up down ore inzoom in its like am watching the sun cant play

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Graphic Card: ATi Radeon 4870 X2

RAM: Geil 2x 2024 GB

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus SE

HDD: Sygate Baraccuda 500 GB

i really like the patch. Gives a performance boost, so now i can play with fillrate at 133% and it looks good. but looking forward to real FSAA in the next patch.

The only issue i got is, that postprocessing resets itself after restart to normal...it won't stay off.