Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

AI Dispersion Increased for more Immersion

Hi all,

- The dispersion does affect All AI units, does't matter to which side you belong.

- AI can spot you from far distances like in real life.

- The dispersion values do no effect the weapons anymore but are related to the aiming skills.

------------------------

Download 1.0

------------------------

Best Regards,

TB

Edited by Thunderbird

So if I play as NAPA then the USMC still 1 bullet 1 hit by AI Heavy machine guns at 300m me?

No, US Heavy Machine Guns got their dispersion increased too, but if you play as NAPA and face US soldiers, things will still be the same as with the original game.

Regards,

TB

thanks for this man :) I hope you don't mind if i fine tune it for certain weapons to make it more interesting based on weapon stats.

thanks for this man :) I hope you don't mind if i fine tune it for certain weapons to make it more interesting based on weapon stats.

Sure, feel free to edit it as you want.

Regards,

TB

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

As I get some questions by PM, I would like to point out 1 more thing, this Addon has been mainly done to play the campaign in "better" conditions, in oder words, with this Addon, you will survive a little longer than before.

Regards,

TB

Nice one Thunderbird!

Have you tried the precision setting in your armaprofile btw?

Over at ACE we tune the accuracy settings inside CfgAiSkill (config) so that the settings per weapon remain unaffected.

Cheers for the tip Sickboy, I will get a look at the CfgAiSkill and see how things will evolve.

Regards,

TB

little Addon which does decrease the AI precision

Decrease? :confused:

Decrease the AI precision = Increase the AI Dispersion.

Heh, something ununderstandable with that?

Regards,

TB

Thanks for the addon.

But is almost useless..

I think is better decrease AI precision in Arma profile without change weapons config.

Cheers

Decrease the AI precision = Increase the AI Dispersion.

Heh, something ununderstandable with that?

Regards,

TB

Its totally clear, I don't ununderstand at all.

Okey, there is seamingly a better way to increase the dispersion values, following Sickboy's advice, I got a look at some aspects of the AI and there is a way to seriously tweak it in order to make the AI less precise and thus, make combat more immersive, I tested it for 2 hours and the result is very satisfying:

- Open your \Documents\ArmA 2\

- And open with your notepad 'yourname.ArmA2Profile'

- Find precisionEnemy=.... lines and replace the numbers there by 0.4 to get something like this precisionEnemy=0.40000001;

- Then go to your Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\dta\ folder

- Uncompile bin.pbo by using kegetys unpbo tool (Right click), unwrap (Right click) the config.bin to get a config.cpp

- Find cfgAISkill and replace the values there by these ones:

class CfgAISkill {
aimingAccuracy[] = {0, 0, 0.5, 0.5};
aimingShake[] = {0, 0, 0.8, 0.8};
aimingSpeed[] = {0, 0.5, 0.9, 1};
endurance[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
spotDistance[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 0.4};
spotTime[] = {0, 0, 1, 0.7};
courage[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
reloadSpeed[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
commanding[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
general[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
};

- Of course, register the new config, delete the old config.bin and let only the newly edited config.cpp

- convert the 'bin' folder to bin.pbo by using again kegetys tool (Right click).

- Create a MOD folder in your \ArmA 2\ main folder and call it as you want.

- Inside that 'new mod folder', create a \dta\ folder

- Put there the new bin.pbo and create a shortcut to your new MOD folder

Regards,

TB

i wish someone would give us noobies an easy downloadable option, or for BI to do this as standard, or maybe give us the option to adjust this in game.

I tried if A1 "SIX_Repl_AIAccuracy.pbo" still worked and it did.

The addon sits on our server for quite a while now and it seems as if it helped making firefights last longer - the best thing is that nobody else needs to download it :)

Good work Thunderbird and good hint Sickboy!

You always seem to me my old school teacher:)

Now it's time to test Thunderbird AI setup.

Cheers

Thx for this nice addon, Thunderbird :)

Put it on our addon section at Assault Mission Studio

dlicon.gif

AI Dispersion Increased by Thunderbird

Cheers for the link Imutep.

Indeed Sickboy, a replacement config would make people's life much easier, will do this as soon as BIS release the patch 1.02

Regards,

TB

Hmm ... tweaking aimingAccuracy in CfgAISkill and/or precisionFriendly/precisionEnemy will make your firefights last longer, but lowering the values to about 0.4 will have 2 tactical pitfalls, unless you play only with units having maxed skill:

1) your machinegunners will be almost useless, except at point blank range. Also they will cause friendly fire accidents.

2) You are flattening the effects of difference in unit skills. So a few highly skilled units tend not to stand a chance against many poorly skilled opponents.

The issue with ARMA2 is that the MINIMAL unit accuracy is generally too high and that's hard to fix unless we tweak weapons dispersion values.

BTW: some people, namely the creator of the FFN mod for ArmA, solved the problem deviating randomly by script each and every fired bullet. That solved the problem, but was very a CPU-heavy solution!

Edited by fabrizio_T

but lowering the values to about 0.4 will have 2 tactical pitfalls

0.4 value is intended to your ArmA2 profile, not to the cfgAISkill.

Feel free to tweak the values as you want to reach the dispersion level you'd like.

Regards,

TB

How is this handled MP wise? Can just the host have his AI modified and it will be reflected to all clients?

So how do you install this? I'm new to modding ArmA.

I downloaded the .pbo but I'm not sure what to do with it.

Cheers for the link Imutep.

Indeed Sickboy, a replacement config would make people's life much easier, will do this as soon as BIS release the patch 1.02

Regards,

TB

So we just put this file in \Arma2\New_Mod\dta\AI_Dispersion.pbo

Then create a shortcut of this file, is this just a simple right click create shortcut thingy or do we have to edit the current shortcut for Arma2 by adding "+AI_Dispersion.pbo" in the properties section?

Sorry im an Arma Noob :)