Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

Operation Bee Sting (coop 1-8)

First off a thank you to Junker who helped me getting custom sound to work.

A tribute to him can be found in the mission! ;)

I finished my first mission for ArmA 2 today.

You, as an 8-man Spetznaz squad called Boris, will HALO into enemy territory to blow up a CDF Shilka and if possible, eliminate an American officer who has taken charge of the CDF forces.

The mission features:

- Supports up to 8 players

- HALO insertion

- Custom sound and music

- Optional objective: Find and kill the American officer

- Support your comrades in battle: drag and heal the wounded

- Working briefing

The mission should work bugfree, however if you encounter any please tell me and i will try to work them out.

To play the mission, place the .pbo in your MPMissions folder.

The mission also works in single player, just place it in the Missions folder.

This is a mission i have made to support my own tactical gaming community, www.tangodown.nl

EDIT: Removed the old link and replaced it with a link to 1.2 version of the mission.

1.2 fixes two things:

- the marker (and thus waypoint) to Junker squad was positioned over lake Prud, i replaced it to be right in front of Junker's position.

- Tasks were not signed off after being completed. This is now fixed.

Download version 1.2 of Operation Bee Sting here:

http://files.filefront.com/OpBeeSting+12rar/;13905610;/fileinfo.html

Edited by SiC-Disaster

I just downloaded the mission and started playing in SP.

The Waypoint to the tribute Team is in the middle of the small lake, just a minor thing I know ;)

The finished tasks are not marked as finished, I got the Waypoint to both objectives (Shilka & Officer) but the "Meet team..." task was not finished. During the fight to kill the officer, 2 of my men got wounded. Neither dragging nor healing was working. Again after clearing the area the task was not marked as finished.

I just wanted to give you feedback, let me know if I can help testing.

Damn, and i thought i had everything nailed!

Thanks Mattes for the feedback, tonight i'm going back to the chopping block!

I'm still used to ArmA where objectives automatically signed off when you completed them, this tasks system is different.

Apparently i need an extra script to sign off objectives once they are done.

I suppose this part should be fairly quick to fix.

The dragging and healing part should work ok though, i've made a First aid simulation module, a battlefield clearance module, and first aid action module and linked them to the player, which should take care of the entire squad.

It worked for me, and i've even seen tango's do it too who's squads were linked to the same modules.

I'm gonna do a small investigation. Again, thanks for the feedback!

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Ok, i have been testing my mission some more, and made improvements to correct the problems Mattes was having.

Tasks are now being signed off properly, and the marker to Junker squad is no longer positioned over the lake.

I also tested healing and dragging squad mates and it worked fine at my side, so it really should be working.

I tested it out by putting two rounds in the leg of a teammate who then becomes incapacitated. I could drag him around, carry him, and heal him.

The mission is now in 1.2 version.

Link to download it is in the original post, where i removed the old link to 1.0 version.

I'm currently playing the new version. First Aid works, tasks are marked finished. Nice fight so far, well done. :)

I just killed the officer but the waypoint to the Shilka is now 13km away? Is this thing moving? Last time I checked it was about 3km away? And there is a new waypoint "Get in the helicopter". Is this for extraction (I think so) or to bring me closer to the Shilka?

No, the Shilka is a static, unmanned vehicle. It has no way to move. The new distance shown to you would be the distance to the helicopter.

I dont know why it shows after killing the officer though... I can't believe there's so much issues, i've spent days on this thing!

I'll have another look... For some reason it must be skipping a waypoint.

Edited by SiC-Disaster

I'm currently walking(!) to the "Destroy CDF Shilka" waypoint. ;)

I'm past Drozhino and it's still 5.2km in southwest direction, Kamenka is the next town on my path. Maybe this helps identifying the waypoint, I hope so.

I think i can fix it, however i need the waypoints for the player to never show so one can use the task-waypoints instead.

But whatever i do, the player's waypoints always show, even if i put them to 'never show'.

If i could hide the waypoints, the problems would be over.

I have no clue at all why he points you so far, probably because i had no marker in place for the Shilka objective which it could point to and now points to something else instead.

I've made an invisible marker at the Shilka location now which i can use in the future, to stop you from being sent somewhere else you dont need to be at all.

Hopefully by tomorrow i will have had an answer to my questions in the editing section of the forum so i can finish up the mission. That should be the last thing left.

I think you need a ";" in your init.sqf, so I don't get so many errors in my server.log file.

And you should in your "description.ext" put in

class Header

{

gameType = Coop;

minPlayers = 1;

maxPlayers = 8;

};

Going to test it tonight, maybe I find something else...

cool mission.

We did not finish it at all, but when we flew over the meeting point in our parachute, we triggered the trigger and they started to take about the shilka.

Maybe limit it so you actually have to be on the ground to trigger this event.

Going to play this one again and I hope you have had the time to look into these minor issues.