Sign in to follow this  
T.S.C.Plage

MV-22 Opsrey folding...

I don't know if it's mentioned somewhere but as you may noticed from the intro of Utes that's running as background in the main menu the MV-22 Osprey has the feature to fold it's wings, engine housings and blades for storing.

Here is a small video of it...

2gU-g1tnUI8

I've taken a look into the mission and discovered the script command for the animation.

_xtype = [this,1] execvm ""\ca\air2\mv22\scripts\pack.sqf"

The animation is normally executed very fast (<1 sec) and I've used "setAccTime 0.05" to make it look more realistic in the video.

I don't know but is it maybe possible to just slow down the animation itself to keep the playability up?

Edited by T.S.C.Plage

Wow, that's at 5% speed? That's pretty darn fast. I can't imagine 2,000% speed.

No, the folding animation is normally executed very fast (~1 sec) and I've set the "gamespeed" to 0.05 when the animation starts.

Btw, I also noticed that the AH-1Z and the UH-1Y have a folding option but it's not an animation just a "change position".

_xtype = [this,1] execvm "\ca\air\Scripts\AH1Z_fold.sqf"

_xtype = [this,1] execvm "\ca\air2\UH1Y\Scripts\fold.sqf"

Unfortunately I didn't found a way to make them "unfold" again so far.

The scripts anyways don't work perfectly. There are some smaller bugs. For example a strange object (four black strings) appearing at the front of the UH-1Y if it's folded and the the folded blades of the MV-22 are sometimes touching the ground depending which position (angle) the blades had when the engine stopped. If you use an "emtpy" MV-22 to just place it as object this problem doesn't appears like it seems.

Edited by T.S.C.Plage

_xtype = [this,1] execvm "\ca\air\Scripts\AH1Z_fold.sqf"

_xtype = [this,1] execvm "\ca\air2\UH1Y\Scripts\fold.sqf"

To unfold change 1 to 0, it should unfold. It should look like these:

_xtype = [this,0] execvm "\ca\air\Scripts\AH1Z_fold.sqf"

_xtype = [this,0] execvm "\ca\air2\UH1Y\Scripts\fold.sqf"

Although i haven't tested it yet.

Very nice find...I've always enjoyed the smaller things that add to life on the ground (opening canopy/folding wings etc).

is ther a foold order for d-30?and anther arty typ´s?

I doubt it, you can't exactly "fold" artillery pieces. I think they just made the USMC helo's foldable for aircraft carriers and simulation. Hell, it looks damn good.

Yes, artillery pieces do fold. The legs on the D30 come together and become a unified hitch for towing behind a vehicle.

_xtype = [this,1] execvm ""\ca\air2\mv22\scripts

_xtype = [this,1] execvm "\ca\air2\mv22\scripts\pack.sqf"

that's running better:rolleyes:

I tried to get this to work with a Radio Alpha trigger, but for some reason it wouldn't call it up. Any suggestions?

I did it via a trigger activated by "Radio: Alpha" in the video. I guess you've simply messed something up. Are you sure you wrote it down correctly and in the "On Activation" line?

Yeah, double checked it. I can see the code work if I spawn an Osprey. But when I try to set it to trigger on activation (cut-n-past), it doesn't do anything. I know my trigger is working (I tested it with another script tagged on and that part is being called up). I've broken it good, I guess.

;)

I using this bit, on activation, radio alpha, repeated.....

_xtype = [this,1] execvm "\ca\air2\mv22\scripts\pack.sqf"

I can see the trigger on the radio.

"this" only refers to the unit when in the unit's initialization. If you put "this" in a trigger then it means a whole different thing.

Try _xtype = [blahblah,1] execvm "\ca\air2\mv22\scripts\pack.sqf"

when the V-22 is named Blahblah

That's its lawnmower configuration for clearing LZs and doing the admiral's shrubs on Sundays.

That's an odd one. I've seen it in the "2-wheeler" mode though. This isn't made for having a player in control, or even the AI. It's made for looking pretty while still being locked.

the "strange object" 4 black lines you mentioned are tie downs that are meant to keep the rotors in place while its landed.

does this work on operation arrowhead could someone pm me to let me know thanks