Sign in to follow this  
Provac

Dynamic Transport Function

Setting up the dynamic transport through the SOM module is simple, I went through the list of BIS functions to see if they had any for dynamic transport to get something like in RazorTwo campaign mission. I found BIS_fnc_transportService and tried to figure it out. My brain has blisters, been trying to wrap my head around this for a few days now. Such a cool function is not really talked about in here. So if anyone has been trying to get this thing to work please share your knowledge as now im really stuck.

I guess my main problem is figuring out how to pass the right variables to the script that starts the whole scenario. DnA has been browsing the forums alot lately and I would be forever greatfull if I could get a few pointers so I can at least start in the right position rather than mess it all up in my head.

Id post what ive tried so far but its so much with no luck so il settle for a small comment in the right direction if possible.

EDIT!

Ok after some testing and crap we found a sollution that works for us.

Here is the code to use:

waitUntil {!isnil {player getVariable "mainScope"}};

SOM_mainScope = player getVariable "mainScope";

[["transport"], t1] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

SOM setVariable ["TSS_vehicle_custom", h1];

SOM setVariable ["TSS_allowed", ["pickup", "unload"]];

SOM setVariable ["TSS_plannedLZ", [0,0,0]];

t1 is player

h1 is vehicle

name the SOM module and name it, in this case we named it SOM

This works on choppers, cars and possibly other stuff.

So there you go, a good way to add your very own transport service ingame. :D

Edited by Provac

You might want to add these lines as well just to be sure:

h1 setVariable ["supPool", [bIS_cooper], TRUE];
h1 setVariable ["supPhase", 0, TRUE];
h1 setVariable ["onMission", objNull, TRUE];
h1 setVariable ["stuck", FALSE, TRUE];

The transport itself is described quite poorly in the scripts (the description may even be outdated, I'll try to fix that ASAP), so here's a quick explanation:

TSS_vehicle_custom is the vehicle you want to use for the transportation (if you don't define this variable, some default choppers are spawned).

TSS_allowed defines which position can be chosen by a player (pickup, unload or both)

TSS_plannedLZ is used as the default position if player can choose ONLY pickup or unload.

Nevermind I got it working.

Edited by Manzilla

So... How is this used exactlly?

Scriptfile is what? init.sqf? "transport.sqf"?

SOM module called "SOM" is the only thing needed in the game or a scriptcall (exec...) in the units init?

Sorry but i suck at this kinda and cant really see from a script where it goes and how its called. :)

Thanks guys!

Alex

72;1309171']So... How is this used exactlly?

Scriptfile is what? init.sqf? "transport.sqf"?

SOM module called "SOM" is the only thing needed in the game or a scriptcall (exec...) in the units init?

Sorry but i suck at this kinda and cant really see from a script where it goes and how its called. :)

Thanks guys!

Alex

Copy what Provac then Jezuro posted into an init.sqf file then place this file in your mission directory. Then add a player named "t1" and a heli named "h1" and name the SOM module "SOM" and sync it to the player.

That should be it. I hope..... ;)

Hah! Ok thanks for that mate!

EDIT: NVM. Cant wait myself! 6days!!! :)

Alex

Edited by Alex72

That is strange, never had the chopper plummet to the ground before. You have to initiate the chopper by commanding it where to go once you are inside.

Ok next step - how to get more than one lift? How do you re-initiate it all? :) Would be very useful in some game modes.

Thanks.

Alex

Its unlimited until the assigned unit or chopper is dead.

I cant wait to start digging down into all the new features that have been included once the documentation gets released. This transport system is just amazing.

A quick question, does anyone know if there is a way to predefine the unload position? I would like to use this as an extraction system, where only the load position would be needed once the players have found a secure LZ.

hey i got the thing to show up how to i make it fly me around now?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

hey i got the thing to show up how to i make it fly me around now?

ok i see once the aircraf leaves i cant call it in again any ideas what i am doing wrong?

OK here is what Ive gleaned through digging around in all the posts and trying to get this to work on my own.

1. Place SOM on the map and name it anything (I named it SOM here)

2. Place player on the map.

3. Place osprey on the map and name it something ( I named it O1).

4. Create a trigger and make it radio alpha. Make it repeated.

5. In the on activation space put in

waitUntil {!isnil {player getVariable "mainScope"}};

SOM_mainScope = player getVariable "mainScope";

[["transport"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

SOM setVariable ["TSS_vehicle_custom", O1];

SOM setVariable ["TSS_allowed", ["pickup", "unload"]];

SOM setVariable ["TSS_plannedLZ", [0,0,0]];

O1 setVariable [“supPoolâ€, [bIS_cooper], TRUE];

O1 setVariable [“supPhaseâ€, 0, TRUE];

O1 setVariable [“onMissionâ€, objNull, TRUE];

O1 setVariable [“stuckâ€, FALSE, TRUE];

6. Start Mission

If this is set up correct you should be able to hit 0-0-1 in radio to initialize the Transport.

Then hit 0-8 to go to communication and you should see the request button then Transport.

Hit Transport and the aircraft will come to your position and land. Get in and go to the map and click where you want to go. Go to 0-8 -> Transport again and the aircraft should take off and go to the destination. When you get out the aircraft automatically leaves.

When your ready for another transport go to your radio Alpha and do it again.

Edited by gunterlund21

I still don't get it...

I made an Init.sqf file by making a notepad file and then converting it to sqf

then i go in the game i use the SecOps Module and place it near my player and i sync it to him then i place a helo on an airfield and i name the player t1 and the helo h1. now how exactly do i call this chopper in? i have no radio commands available so what do i do? i just made a test map to see if this really works but i am lost as how to actually do that?

Thank you

i just started arma like a week ago so i'm very poor on many skills although i love the editor and have some ideas for missions to create but this scripting thing just boggles my mind and its sad that i need to know it for the missions i want to make.

I still don't get it...

i have no radio commands available so what do i do?

You missed Step 4 above, where you create a Trigger which is the Radio Code.

You missed Step 4 above, where you create a Trigger which is the Radio Code.

No, he doesn't need a trigger. I think he needs to name the som som

He does need the trigger, or else all the options allowing him transport won't actually show up.

Doing it exactly as gunterlund has it above (after fixing the incorrect " in the last 4 lines) results in the Radio allowing the transport options. If he were to simply leave the SOM unamed transport would still occur, just a random Huey would show up. But it would still work. By leaving the trigger out entirely, nothing happens at all since you never initilize the SOM to do anything.

He does need the trigger, or else all the options allowing him transport won't actually show up.

Doing it exactly as gunterlund has it above (after fixing the incorrect " in the last 4 lines) results in the Radio allowing the transport options. If he were to simply leave the SOM unamed transport would still occur, just a random Huey would show up. But it would still work. By leaving the trigger out entirely, nothing happens at all since you never initilize the SOM to do anything.

I just made sure i'm right and you don't need a trigger.

Ahh, I see, I was using the Radio example gunter gave, not the script method from the first post you're talking about. So yeah, you need the Radio Trigger or the init.sqf stuff, but somewhere you need the Transport code. :)

would someone be willing to upload a mission with the use of the helo for razor? That way people can download it and then merge it with their own mission.

Edited by switchzz

My demo mission is way cooler!

You've been partying all night on base with three local girls, but now it's time to get them home! So use a Huey for transport!

SOM-Based Dynamic Transport Demo - with girls!

Btw, Imutep's uses the Radio to initiate the call while mine uses the init.sqf method, so take a look at both.

I added also the init.sqf method, but without girls. I don't let drunken girls in my heli :p

Nice demo, kylania.

Hey.

I got it to work finally but i can only get a huey to come and the helo i place on say airfield A isn't the one that moves this one comes from somewhere else? and regardless of my choice of helo its always a Huey?

Thank you

Hey.

I got it to work finally but i can only get a huey to come and the helo i place on say airfield A isn't the one that moves this one comes from somewhere else? and regardless of my choice of helo its always a Huey?

Thank you

Make sure the name of your SOM module is SOM.