Sign in to follow this  

ILS Pro II 1.01 for ArmA II

(by TiGGa)

This script will somewhat simulate the ILS (instrumental landing system) in order to manually land at an airport with low visibility.

The easiest way to use the script with your missions is by adding an action menu entry to the airplane. As in the previous version made for ArmA1, you will get a somewhat primitive display of the glideslope's position. In this version, you will also see red bright rings which are following the glideslope. Those rings will currently spawn at a distance of 6 km to the airport, but you can change that in the script file itself. Once you fly below 5m, the script will terminate and all the rings will be deleted.

-----------------

Example:

If you want to setup the ILS script for an approach on the runway 33 of the main airport of Chernarus, just write the following in the init line of the plane.

this addAction ["ILS","ilsproII.sqf",[loc,airport,"Chernarus","Rwy 33","ILS"]];

"ILS" - This is the action menu entry name, which is displayed to you.

"ilsproII.sqf" - This is the name of the script.

loc - This is the name of a game logic, which you have to place at the end of the runway. You have to rotate the game logic, until it matches the direction of the runway.

airport - This is the name of another game logic. Place this one at the touchdown location of the runway. The game logic has to face the opposite direction of the first game logic. If loc is set to 330°, then airport has to be set to 150°.

"Chernarus" - This is the name of the airport, which will be displayed.

"Rwy 33" - Name of the runway.

"ILS" - Same as the first "ILS" entry.

--------------------

If you are looking into the script file, you will see three lines of code, which you may alter.

_angle = 3;

_numberofcircles = 20;

_distanceofcircles = 300;

_angle is the approach angle in degrees. 3° should be good for a smooth landing.

_numberofcircles is the amount of rings, which will be spawned in the air.

_distanceofcircles represents the spacing between the rings.

Download link

ilsproII.jpg

(@Mods: This screenshot is smaller than 100k)

Edited by TiGGa
Bugfix

damn cool stuff! A ILS script already :D

Arma 2 modding is going in lightspeed :)

Really liking this script. Couple of questions.

1. To have two different airports supported would I have to create a whole new script named sqf? Want to use LHD.

2. How do I turn OFF the ILS once I have landed? It seems to stay on even after getting out.

Thanks!

Thx for this nice ILS-addon :)

Put it on our addon section at Assault Mission Studio

dlicon.gif

ILS (instrumental landing system) by TiGGa

Really liking this script. Couple of questions.

1. To have two different airports supported would I have to create a whole new script named sqf? Want to use LHD.

2. How do I turn OFF the ILS once I have landed? It seems to stay on even after getting out.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

Figured it out, just changed Game Logic name, landed F16 perfect works great! Also figured out have to pass through last Game Logic to turn off. :bounce3:

To turn off, you have to fly below 5 metres.

Edited by TiGGa

Have you tried using an dialog-overlay to display the ILS system on screen, usually works fine and thats how they did it in ArmA1.

I dont like those ring-markers from ArmA2 very much, they look a bit too much arcade.

Have you tried using an dialog-overlay to display the ILS system on screen, usually works fine and thats how they did it in ArmA1.

I dont like those ring-markers from ArmA2 very much, they look a bit too much arcade.

No, I haven't tried the overlay. But I could add an option for you to disable the rings.

I'm currently busy with another huge project, so the overlay thingy has to wait.

No worries, it was merely an suggestion, not a request.

What is the other project if I may ask ?

I don't know, whether you have heard of "Wine Wars" in Arma1. It was my attempt of a Realtime Strategy mod. With Arma2, I'm currently programming the sequel to it, called "Farm Wars". It is about keeping cows, processing them to meat and selling them to the cities for money, which you can use to buy units. Hopefully with a working supply and demand system. :D

vehicles.jpg

Edited by TiGGa

Hmm yup, I think I remember that one.

"Farm Wars" eh, so we get true biological warfare in ArmA2 xD

Sounds like a promising project though, good luck with it.

nice one :D

*Cough* Mouse control like in other RTS games *cough*

mousecontrol.jpg

I wanted to name it FarmA, but I saw another project having that name here in the forums. Anyways, I will make a new thread for this mod eventually, so stop spamming this thread. ;-)

just so you know, your script has a slight error in it.

At the very end it re-adds the addaction command so you can call up the ils approach multiple times but the script it calls up is ilspro.sqf instead of ilsproII.sqf

*Whoops* Will correct it tomorrow.

Please consider instructions on the best way to add multiple Airports, love the script, use it for the F16 to land on the LHD, works great!

Thanks

I got the a problem with the script. It works fine however once the aircraft had been destroyed, I no longer have the ILS option. Is there something I'm doing wrong?