Sign in to follow this  
rygugu

BDS T-55A beta Release

BDST55A.jpg

BDST55B.jpg

The beta version of T-55 is released though very long time hung. ;)

http://b-design.blog.ocn.ne.jp/log/files/BDS-T55beta.7z

Knows bugs

------------------------------

The commander's command is not made good.

I have no idea:confused:

http://b-design.blog.ocn.ne.jp/log/files/BDS_t55_Config.zip

Does not it have the idea that someone is good?

If someone knows the solution, I will prepare MLOD.

The report of other bugs is welcomed.

Future plan

-------------------------------

T-55 Variation

T-55M T55AM2 T-55MV

I will make one or some. ;)

Beautiful....... simply beautiful.....

couple small issues......

loader MG does nto turn with the turret

the observation optics all seem to be blocked by something

texture error from RPT:

Warning Message: Cannot load texture c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\armawork\bds_t55\t-55_body_lod_co.paa.

other rpt reports:

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/bds_T55/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret gun ObsGun not found while initializing the model bds_t55\bds_t55.p3d

Edited by wld427

Great looking tank I am downloading now!

I have been looking for desert era soviet troops from the Afghan-Soviet war period. Are those still being worked on or have they been released? cause I could not find any on all the sites I have checked.

Edited by Baskis

That's weird, when I opened this page I saw screenshots. Now there doesnt seem to be any. Could you post some or link them for us all?

Hi, it looks good, did you added interiors?, maybe you could use the OFP's T55 interior model

and textures if you haven't added it's driver, gunner and commander interiors. Let's C ya

Congrats on the release of this wonderful tank :bounce3:

It seems that the 3'rd LOD texture is not included (check in the armory shows a white hull on distance).

I have noticed, that this tank shows disabled hitzones. Well done. Excellent work on the upper side of the tracks, because they move with the wheels :eek:

What do you issue by this in detail?: "The commander's command is not made good. I have no idea."

BR,

mike

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/bds_T55/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret gun ObsGun not found while initializing the model bds_t55\bds_t55.p3d

It seems that ObsGun animation is included in the model.cfg, while the .p3d does not include a "ObsGun" section. You may solve this by removing the obsgun animation from the model.cfg.

rygugu, PM me if you need support. I am a bit busy at the moment, but there should be enough time to fix those issues.

Alternatively, open a thread at ofpec. One of those guys fix all the config-bugs ;)

Edited by modEmMaik

Looking very nice on the screenshots...will download it later :toilet:

That addon is awesome man, just one BUG, in a certain LOD it does not load the texture

Knows bugs

------------------------------

The commander's command is not made good.

I have no idea:confused:

I think you refer to the commanders / loaders inablility to give commands via the menu, which is related that those positions do not have a gun. Just had a quick check of your config. May be you can fix the "command issue" by adding a fake weapon to the commander:

config.cpp sniplet:

class CommanderOptics  : CommanderOptics {
					weapons[]={FakeWeapon};
					magazines[]={FakeWeapon};
					body = "ObsTurret";

But this raises another issue, because the "FakeWeapon" needs a complete gun config (gunBeg, gunEnd, memoryPointGun) for the commander's turret, else the 3'rd person view is static.

Also it may be possible to have the dskhm in a static position, while the loader has hatch closed.

model.cfg sniplet (I dunno the gunnerhatch axis. I used ?? for the axis):

class GunTurret_close // traverse to 0.0 degrees when driver hatch is closed
		{
			type="rotation";
			source="hatchGunner";
			selection="Gun_2";
			axis="??";
			animPeriod=0;
			memory=0;
			minValue=1;
			maxValue=0;
			angle0=0.0;
			angle1=0.0;
		};

But I am not sure, weather this works... ;)

Your model.cfg.txt does not include any ObsGun animation, which is correct for you case... I wonder where the the message comes from (Turret gun ObsGun not found while initializing the model bds_t55\bds_t55.p3d), but may be your actual model.cfg includes a ObsGun definition, which is to be removed.

BR,

mike

Edited by modEmMaik

wow very nice model but the engine sound is strange and annoying wish in the next update u will fix that

very nice tank great job and for the commander issue maybe becaseu you frogot to dfine the chain of command?

in the commanders gun class " commanding = x ;" x is a number must be the biggest for the commander so he'll be the first to command

The commanding differ a bit from BWMod values (com=3, gunr=2, lodr=1 drivr=0), so I agree to namman2. At the moment, loader and driver have the same commanding values (=0).

Well, one suggestion: The maingun always hits the same position, independent from the ammunition. I would suggest to replace the magazines initSpeed value with matching values (e.g. WGL's 3OF32 has initSpeed=700, BM8 initSpeed=1415, BK17initSpeed=800), if you want to have an impact of muzzle-velocity depending on ammunition type.

@Nick: I think that is the treads-sound. Old and rusty :D

BR,

mike

:edit: Just located the root cause of the obsGun message: You have gun = "ObsGun"; defined in you commaderOptics. To fix this, replace this by gun = "";

Edited by modEmMaik

Hi guys:)

Thank you for a lot of advice.

The thing that concerns the commander has been understood.

Weapon is necessary for the commander turret.

I confirmed it. It is thought that commander's problem can be solved. :yay:

FakeWeapon are tested making it.

It makes an effort because the corrected model can be release on the weekend. :D

Thanks guys;):dancered:

@Nick: I think that is the treads-sound. Old and rusty

i'm not sure as its just as loud when you are watching it move from about 200 metres away. Not to defer from the fact that this is a brilliant addon. Just seems a little loud!

Are you going to do an SLA version with markings and numbers?