Sign in to follow this  
Deadfast

Deadfast's Translations

YouTube playlist

---------------------------------

bDr-PqMSRd4

I'd like to thank Cultivator for helping me with fetching the stream.

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead: KoprCon 2009[/url]

sjT9FJte3yQ

IGiFz6Vtbmo

K-akiiehM5A

Rek9QS09bkA

WBKGJm1BvIc

fx7w77aNPGg

• Video release: August 21, 2009
  • Source:

• Audio: Czech
  • Captions: English

q9yFF-gFWdQ

ARMA 2 - Tiscali Games Video Report

• Video released: April 15, 2009
  • Source:

n2kde-XBUZw

h7HHmR09yUI

ARMA 2 - HratelnÄ›.cz: GC08 Video interview

mBEFgBsIyio

PART 2/4

0w_DsS43ZOI

E7e242Gxr68

tVlyouJ3WxM

• Length: 8:57
  • Video release: September, 4th 2008
  • Source: Sector.sk
  • Audio: Czech/Slovak
  • Highlights:
    • Story's similarity to Georgian conflict (0:34)
    • ArmA 2 terrain + comparison to Sahrani (0:50)
    • Mi-24's*cockpit (2:09)
    • Flight model (2:32)
    • Input devices (2:50)
    • View distance (3:21)
    • Tracers (3:40)
    • Command system (4:40)
    • Injuries system (6:17)

osTLRj_Du5g

• Length: 3:23
  • Video release: November 27, 2008
  • Source: iDNES.tv

JVMr4fqY9rg

Edited by Deadfast

You may have to turn on captions in the lower right corner of the video player to get the subtitles.

Wow, thanks. That video is just about the most in-depth vid I've seen so far and it's from '08! Has this been around for a while??

Great Vid. smile_o.gif Especialy since it is so old.

Yes, this shows a over one year old build wink_o.gif

September 2008 -> March 2009 is less than one year. It's one half actually.

Wow, thanks. That video is just about the most in-depth vid I've seen so far and it's from '08! Has this been around for a while??

Have you missed all of these too?

Deadfast:

Thank you so much for putting up this translation!  My arrogant/lazy American ways keep me from learning a second language, (I tired a bit, really I did biggrin_o.gif  Nihongo though), so I am very grateful that to have somebody do some grunt work for me with a video like this!

Keep up the good work my friend!

yay.gif  yay.gif

Yes, this shows a over one year old build wink_o.gif

September 2008 -> March 2009 is less than one year. It's one half actually.

Thanks for correcting me, last years GDC was in fall, not spring. I just presumed they didn't move the dates smile_o.gif

Anyway, thanks Deadfast.

Knowing that the AI can handle the injury system properly just made me so happy. smile_o.gif

quite pleased to see that there is a kind of revive system and that you can have now games without respawn but with only revive...improves quite a lot teamwork but also makes the game more enjoyable....for some at least...:)

Have you missed all of these too?

Thanks, Bush. I have seen those. This one must've slipped through the cracks somehow. smile_o.gif

Also, Tomcat, on your point...possibly, due to the versatility of the Arma (and hopefully, Arma2) engine, may we see a mission-dependent, editable threshold for what constitutes death vs injury? In other words, the revive system always applies but time to death could be defined by the gametype/mission?

Also, Tomcat, on your point...possibly, due to the versatility of the Arma (and hopefully, Arma2) engine, may we see a mission-dependent, editable threshold for what constitutes death vs injury? In other words, the revive system always applies but time to death could be defined by the gametype/mission?

i would love to see in Arma2, this feature, where it will be server side config and not only mission, or server side to overwrite mission:

- the time to revive or to death as you described

- the option for respawn or not...

Although right now is a mission feature...it's very difficult going through missions database to know which mission has what respawn system...

but anyway...let's stick to the topic...looking forward for the game....

If anyone can get me this cursed video downloaded I'll translate it as well wink_o.gif

Wow, i had no chance to download a video from it.... this is either very clever made or the grabbing tools can't not yet get it.... whatever

seeing the drag feature before you pick up the guy and give him first aid i was wondering. When draging your buddy to safety while under fire can you still fire your gun? That would be so cool

seeing the drag feature before you pick up the guy and give him first aid i was wondering. When draging your buddy to safety while under fire can you still fire your gun? That would be so cool

Yes you can, at least Ivan Buchta said this in the old Interview back in early 2008.

If anyone can get me this cursed video downloaded I'll translate it as well wink_o.gif

Wow, i had no chance to download a video from it.... this is either very clever made or the grabbing tools can't not yet get it.... whatever

Yeah, I've tried about everything I could on it as well.

I managed to get it with Replay Media Catcher in the end, but now I can't convert the damn thing from .flv...

Yeah, I've tried about everything I could on it as well.

I managed to get it with Replay Media Catcher in the end, but now I can't convert the damn thing from .flv...

Have you tried with Mediacoder yet?