Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk, version 0.3 out!

Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk

version 0.3 released..

Some screens:

1_small.jpg2_small.jpg3_small.jpg4_small.jpg5_small.jpg

Videos:

Version 0.3 including:

- proloque for campaign Namalsk Crisis

- 6 MP missions (Last Man Standing and Team Deathmatch type)

- a very detailed northen part of Namalsk island

- soldiers from 3 fractions and Tamika character from NightStalkers

- zombies

- lot of new buildings and objects

- Mil Mi-28A (Havoc) (cockpit no complete for now)

Northen Namalsk

- c. 10km2

- HD island

- location Jalovisko inspired by real location (more information on my forum)

- some models from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky are placed on Namalsk (Signed by „Name“(ST))

- changed sky and ambient sounds

Proloque for campaign Namalsk Crisis

- atmosphere campaign (Intro + 4 missions )

- player‘s PDA (CZ and EN translation)

- dubbing (EN and CZ version)

- CZ and En language

Autors:

(core team)

Adam „Sumrak“ Franců

- mod leader, island maker, model maker (buildings, soldiers, Havoc), missions maker, addon

maker, configs, some english translation (just almost everything)

(externists)

Lukáš „Pikus“ Čížek

- beginner modeller (He created some buildings – for example wind power plant or Sebjan

chemical factory location)

Adam „Artist“ Hencze (english translation, dubbing - Alfa channel)

Michal „Čára“ Linka (dubbing, Gama channel)

Radek „Saigos“ Krištof (dubbing, Beta and Foxtrot channel)

Jiří „Rsa Viper“ Procházka (dubbing, Hotel channel)

Jan „campus“ Franců (betatesting and some ideas)

Quality is not perfect. This is my first „big“ work for Arma. My soldiers and Havoc is not

textured professionally :-/, but all is functional . Please, dont look on super details for now.

Im working almost alone on modification..

Arma 1.14 needed (works with 1.15b too), NO QG.

Mod using following addons from the community:

RHS units and weapons (http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=125) by RHS (best weapons 4ever)

Arma effects (http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=400) by Maddmatt.

Math rain (http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=330) by Maddmatt.

BTR-80 (http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=48) by zGuba.

TCP anim pack (http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=476) by teaCup.

Andy Crow (http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=587) by andersson.

(Thx to all for them)

For further details, read readme file or visit http://www.nightstalkers.cz.

Direct download from my ftp:

Full version - download (my ftp, CZ version with CZ and EN stringtable, all needed packed, including hotfix *for some people (fixed bug cannot create system m....))

ENG campaign fix - download (This fix add english dubbing and english text in PDA, fixed bug for some people(cannot create system m....))

(This version are fully compatible with version without fix(i change only some texture dimensions in menu))

or

Armaholic.com

Armedassault.Info

Enjoy!

Edited by Sumrak
edited for new forum

I have a Crash to desktop after launching arma ..

It says : cannot create system memory surface 1555 .. and somthing else about an 1024x768 ... error ..

Do you know how I can fix it??

I tried also windowed and nopause but noway of solving it ..

changed also arma resolution and desktop resolution but no way the same ..

Tnx for help smile_o.gif

mortyfero:

Hi, i tested on some pcs, but no errors.

In mod is bad texture, with no 2^n  sad_o.gif  I try to fix this problem. Wait for the fix  smile_o.gif

From Bis wiki..

Quote[/b] ]Cannot create system memory surface (Error code 8876086c)"

This is caused by third party content using textures with non 2^n (32,64,128,256,etc) dimensions. It may not effect all video cards.

[MCF] Frantz:

Thx  smile_o.gif

You're welcome ! smile_o.gif

I just played the 2 first missions and I must say that I really like your mod, no bug at all, great feeling, great ambiance and being myself a huge fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (the 2 games) I find the atmosphere is well re-created for a beta version smile_o.gif

I have a Crash to desktop after launching arma ..

It says : cannot create system memory surface 1555 .. and somthing else about an 1024x768 ... error ..

Do you know how I can fix it??

I tried also windowed and nopause but noway of solving it ..

changed also arma resolution and desktop resolution but no way the same ..

Tnx for help  smile_o.gif

Do you have 1.15? I just installed it and of course got that error while starting a standard Arma game (no mods).

No, i got 1.14 .. ginstalling the new 1.15 and try this way .. perhaps what is not working for you may help me smile_o.gif , at least .. i hope smile_o.gif

mmm due to the size of the fix, , you should consider making a full 1.1 version with the patch included

btw , good work with the mod

william1: Thx  smile_o.gif

btw: I working on full installer with fix. Maybe 30-40 minutes and i upload new version with fix

wink_o.gif -> Ok, full installer was actualized. Now with fix.

Andre:

Thx  smile_o.gif

Fix is only for some people, which have problems with launching mod. (cannot create system memory surface 1555.)

I'm edited some textures and now everything is working properly. I will write tomorrow small manual to fix this problem.

But most people does not have this stupid bug.

Now is uploaded finally version. Huh, sorry for problems, but my betatesters dont have this bug  crazy_o.gif

Files in first post was actualized. Problem was totally fixed.

Sorry for problems.

EDIT: FIX or finally version with fix not change compatibility with first instalators  wink_o.gif fully MP compatible.

maza94:

Yep, i finished Shadow of Chernobyl and playing some minutes Clear Sky too  biggrin_o.gif

Nightstalkers is not the same as stalker.I will make some different..  wink_o.gif

Downloaded and played ..

Fantastic!! Great atmosphere, grat map and great missions !!

I have finished Stalker couple of time too, is not the same game but I don't think your intention were to make Stalker2 .. and i agree with you smile_o.gif !!

Nice work man!!

mortyfero:

Thanks a lot.  smile_o.gif Test also mp missions (i recomend you Jalovisko), is a unique experience in the Arma. (i think biggrin_o.gif)

Great job !

Only one question : where i can find the objets/buildings ? Because i have only two barrel on editor... ?

This is a great surprise!  Can this be played co-op, somehow?

I also wish this was ACE compatible(yeah, silly idea) biggrin_o.gif

Thx  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]ezechiel

Only one question : where i can find the objets/buildings ? Because i have only two barrel on editor... ?

Objects for Namalsk are hidden same like Bis objects. I prefered this way, because i naming all objects with 3-5 type of name using stringtable.. and in the editor class would be a mess. (Nightstalkers objects - Building, Building,..). If you want have objects in the editor, you must extract ns.pbo, find, what you need and create own config, which adding NS objects into editor.

Quote[/b] ]KaiserPanda

Can this be played co-op, somehow?

Nightstalkers contains now 6 mp mission, but no coop. If u want play coop, u must something create for now wink_o.gif Maybe i create some coop mission, but i have little time to work. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I also wish this was ACE compatible(yeah, silly idea)   biggrin_o.gif

I not play ACE mod for now, but i try it tomorrow smile_o.gif

This doesn't work with v1.15b? What doesn't work? Does it CTD when you start ArmA? Are you using any other Mods/AddOns? Did you DL the fix? Did you read the thread before posting?

Give us some more info and we can provide help. Unless I'm wrong, and I just got lucky running it with v1.15b, I'd imagine if it didn't work with v1.15b it would've been mentioned in this thread. And sumrak probably would not state this.

From the first post one first page:

Arma 1.14 needed (works with 1.15b too), NO QG.

Kaiser,

This should work with ACE since it used XEH but I haven't tried it yet. Did you try to remove the XEH.pbo this mod uses and swap it for the XEH.pbo that comes with ACE? That may cause some problems. Also, try removing the ArmAEffects(possibly the rain.pbo as well.) ACE uses a newer, non public version of ArmAEffects and I believe someone mentioned to remove the old one in the ACE thread.

Again though, I haven't tried this with ACE yet but judging from the fact that XEH is a required .pbo I'm thinking it may work.

Hopefully this may help you out.