$able

"Random" BattlEye kicks

I have already posted about this in the other BE thread, but to ensure everyone (especially server admins) reads this, I am creating a new thread.

I have repeatedly heard of people complaining about BE randomly kicking people for "Client not responding" and therefore I think it is required to clarify things here.

First of all, "random" is not true. Here is a list of events that cause this kick:

- the ArmA client crashes (many people frequently have this problem, just read the forums)

- the player's connection breaks up completely -> this has been seen as mass kicks in certain cases where the server itself timed out and became completely unreachable

-> both of these cases often (not always! - depending on internal timing) result in a "Player is losing connection" message being displayed prior to the BE kick

- on very few servers, some people are immediately kicked after joining because the ArmA server - for some reason - does not deliver the BE packets to the client that the BE Server sends -> I have investigated this with one person and when joining the same server at the same time myself, I never had this problem; also, the person did not have this problem on every join - when he stayed, it worked forever

-> I still couldn't find out what the reason is for this, but it is definitely caused by the ArmA netcode (maybe due to some serverside network/connection settings)

To further clarify the situation, I should add that those kicks do not happen because of some temporary lag/desync - also, like the VOIP packets, the BE packets are delivered even if the whole game is frozen due to lag.

Technically, the BE Server constantly tries to re-contact the clients for about 30 seconds in case of packet loss and only if there was not a single response by then, it kicks the specific player.

If there are still things unclear about this subject, please post your questions here.

Thanks.

Do you need more testers for this problem $able?

Ok i post my recent answere here, as it fits here better:

Quote[/b] ]Well BRIT-XR from Squadserver had the exact Problems like us. I hope he will answer you also here, or please Mr.battle-eye feel free to register at our forums under "Arma-RPG.com".

We are at Arma-RPG.com having two servers (one is forums own, one is Brits from Squadserver (3,5GHz QX)) and the exact same problems.

We are running mainly the script-heavy Mission "Sahrani-Life" which can kill even the fastest Server on this Planet (XR Server wit 3.5GHZ Intel Quadcore).

I can give you an example (we tested it with the same mission and same condition):

1. Sahrani-Life 1.25 at Arma 1.14 without Battle-eye but with Signature-check on... result with 20players: ~10FPS (very minimal Lag at JIP, only 1-2 seconds of LAG).

Result with 32 players (the maximum of that mission) 3-5FPS, server runs still OK but JIP-Lags increased in Time.

2. Exact same Server-conditions (complete physical server restart before start this time), but this time with battle-eye enabled. Sahrani-Life 1.25 with 20 Players playing, Server at ~3FPS, more than 25-26 players was not possible because of heavy, heavy JIP Lags (duration of around 60 seconds or longer at each join) and Server FPS down to ~2FPS.

As soon as the Server hit a certain low FPS (i guess it was under 5FPS, so at around 15 players were playing at the moment), messages appear with "PLAYERNAME kicked off (Battle-eye client not responding)". This is the message i am talking about, not the memory-things @ MadDogX.

The more and more player connected and thus the server FPS decreased, the more often the "battle-eye client not responding" messages appeared and the people get kicked randomized off.

So this is at least 50% lower FPS, i have many co-admins of our server who saw the exact same.

Why not let it spawn as a own thread, so it can use the advantages of Multi-core systems, rather than to be integrated in the Arma-Dedicated Server and thus having the same performance issues?

I would consider this, and i guess its not much work.

I just want to add further, that all the people who got kicked because of this issue reconnected then again, and ALL said that their Arma client definitely not crashed, nor was theire internet connection broken in any way.

I still claim that its a performance issue, my feeling tells me that , lol.

Regards, Christian

I just want to add further, that all the people who got kicked because of this issue reconnected then again, and ALL said that their Arma client definitely not crashed, nor was theire internet connection broken in any way.

I still claim that its a performance issue, my feeling tells me that , lol.

Yes, maybe, but it should be ensured that it wasn't a temporary performance issue with the server machine at that time.

Might be a long shot but has anyone with these issue uninstalled ArmA and deleted all existing files and then reinstalled fresh and new and see if they still had the problem.

It might be possible old addons, beta patches, or mods might be causing this.

It might be helpful that everyone that has this error post what beta patches, addons (screenshots of course naming them would be a pain in the ass), and/or mods they are using or used.

I know from the old OFP days the only way to troubleshoot a problem is starting fresh.

What is frustrating with BattlEye is being kicked when you have to Alt-Tab to shut down automatic services when your lagging...thinks like scheduled virus scan, Quicktime pop-ups, etc., etc....Although we can set them to manual, sometimes we forget!

A new workaround for the seemingly random ingame kicks (not the ones on join) was added in a BE update.

I'd appreciate if players and server admins could report if the situation improved.

Thanks.

Yeah very, very frustrating. I hope u guys come up with some fruitful ideas, or maybe solutions.. who knows. Maybe somthing good will come out of all this even if only maybe for ArmA2. But this is definatly 1 of my top 3 nitches about ArmA.

You mention a BE update $able. When was it last updated?

The server updates as far as I know, but does the client need to update, and if so is that automatic or do we have to manually download the new DLL from your website?

I just want to see if any updates do make a difference, and i'm trying to gather feedback about the number of kicks resulting from the "Client Not Responding" error from our clan members.

Thanks

It was updated when I created the last post - both server and client.

And yes, of course BattlEye updates automatically.

It was updated when I created the last post - both server and client.

And yes, of course BattlEye updates automatically.

Battleeye according to there website downloads for Arma, have both been updated today 02 Sept.

Mine has never autoupdated. wink_o.gif

#able some admins told me theirs BE refuse to stop starting even the config contains BattlEye=0;

@Matt Rochelle: Maybe you missed it?

@Dwarden: They should learn to spell "BattlEye".

Can we please stay on-topic here?

you mean me smile_o.gif sorry i was tired but you probably right lol

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I just wanted to give an update on this issue:

The "random" kicks (on join and in-game) will be gone once and for all in the upcoming patch, as BE no longer relies on ArmA's netcode. While 1.15 should have fixed this problem on the game engine's side already (fixed JIP lag, etc.), BE still could not ensure that everything worked as intended 100% of the time due to its dependence on the engine's packet handling.

This will be a thing of the past soon.

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I just wanted to give an update on this issue:

The "random" kicks (on join and in-game) will be gone once and for all in the upcoming patch, as BE no longer relies on ArmA's netcode. While 1.15 should have fixed this problem on the game engine's side already (fixed JIP lag, etc.), BE still could not ensure that everything worked as intended 100% of the time due to its dependence on the engine's packet handling.

This will be a thing of the past soon.

Indeed a very good news!

Thanks a lot. Any pointers on BE and A2`? whistle.gif

hate to be the bearer of bad news but last couple of days the problem with BattlEye kicking people of the server is back saying "client side not responding". And i know its not my connection, neither is it my client crashing either.

Each time i am able to play for roughly an hour only to get kicked each time and it does it on all servers i play on. If you need any data from me just let me know, ill be happy to provide it if i can.

This is on ArmA 2 by the way, so its not just the Original arma game that has the problem.

Edited by teaboy

The last 3 mounths on 55 invade and annex if a player where to have there game crash or get kicked from battle eye due to temporary connection loss are unable to stay on the server after reconnecting as within about 1-2 min after connecting and get most of the time battleye query timeout. Mind you we can chat and play with them fine upto the kick. Only fix we know of on the server is to restart the server other wise they will be kicked by battle eye intell server restart

deactivate battleye from the server and issue solved, having battleye on the server makes no sense, it is an obsolete anticheat, it is useless.