larger

rapidshare download updated

mirrors

AtStWalker

armaholic.com

combatprison

armedassault.info

this is just something i am working on to learn O2 it is the first

model ive tryed to make except the box .

it is far from perfect /and or / finished.

in reality its a floating bathtub with a gun (from rhib)

textures are basic colours and from the web

it is something that i wanted in arma and a stop gap while iam waiting

for CBF shipbuildings models release .

several people asked for me to release this after i posted some pics

in the help forum.

this is PRE_ALPHA it is not great or good but i hope to improve it as i go on.

things i dont like and want to fix

cargo ======      1 getout  , 2 getout , 3 getout ======== upto no45

nose on to beach

gun animation

half dammage textures

to start with

hope you can find some use for it

bk1276

Looks great, BK - ArmA really needs this - thanks mate notworthy.gif

Land ho!

notworthy.gif it's ArmA; the Beachhead Assault time notworthy.gif

congratulations and many thanks!

Good looking out bud. I was just wishing for one of these last night.

I'll take it! It looks pretty damn good for your second model. Damn it's great to have something like this in game. I look forward to seeing this progress. Thanks. pistols.gifyay.gif

Boats are rar in ArmA. Now we got a few more.

Thanks xmas_o.gif

dude,[!] i so needed one of these. haha shilkas wont be killing my platoons anymore!

Guys, can you please help for a sec - I can't seem to find it in the mission editor - what's the name of the landing craft in the editor? biggrin_o.gif

***EDIT - It's all right guys - found it wink_o.gif

Sorry

Very nice work!! I played around with it today loading vehicles (Tanks, Hummers, Ammo Trucks, Strykers). The vehicle will drive up the ramp and into the LC, but once you move the LC it is limited to the vehicle inside...ie on a right or left turn once the LC wall hits a vehicle it will stop the LC.  If you try to back up the vehicle inside will pass right tru the door.  Is there a way to fix this via adding a Load or get on command in vehicle while driving it?

I know this is an early stage release...just pointing out somethings that might need to be looked into.  Over GREAT work!!

Here are some screenshots I took today.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums....-03.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums....-12.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums....-98.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums....-68.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums....-97.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums....-06.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums....-20.jpg

Welcome to the OFP pedigree of ArmA...unforunately....not being able to load vehicles onto larger cargo vehicles is something that was never fixed in ArmA and that was always a major problem in OFP. There were some VERY creative scripted solutions but none were truly effective overall. An example of how it should be done is to be seen in the game Joint Operations by Nova Logic. In that game you can shoot from vehicles, and deploy tanks and other vehicles from landing craft (and smaller vehicles from Ch-47 Chinooks and Mi-26's).

So essentially this addon is a strictly for deploying infantry until the addon maker or someone else develops a clever script for keeping vehicles from banging around.

With that said, this is a GREAT addon! In OFP my Mod used a version modified from the Argentinian Falkand Mod's landing craft that was very similar to this one. This boat provides for alot of new mission possibilities as it gives you the ability to conduct some truly large scale amphibious assaults without having to use dozens of ships. All in all its a much needed addon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Very fun stuff, but what is the name of the scripts used to raise and lower ramps? I would like to know for Ai testing!

Very fun stuff, but what is the name of the scripts used to raise and lower ramps?  I would like to know for Ai testing!

I seacond that, when the Ai tries to unload the soldier they fall to their death because the ramp is up tounge2.gif

Vehicle transport would be awesome!

I remember when BAS released the MH-47 helicopter with the transport/slingload feature! I put them asap in my cti mission and we played on AEC (Abel, Eden, Cain), transporting repair/ammo/fuel trucks from one island to another.

It is really sad that BIS didn't remove this engine limitation. Things like that are far more important then any xxx-feature.

-

Those landing crafts are extremly cool thanks again, let's all hope we see a version with vehicle transport script in the near future.

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif

yeah man the bash ch 47 and stuff where kick ass, i loved the fast roping and stuff. Loved the ability to attach yourself to cargo as a soldier and then unattach and move around freely inside the chopper even though it could only be done in a safe way when the chopper was staying still. THen you could sit on the back ramp and snipe or Mg out of it down to the ground or with much luck shoot down a chopper aproaching biggrin_o.gif ( shooting heavily at windows of pilots on the enemy transport chopper ) knocking out the pilot and making chopper go down tounge2.gif

some of yous have bean asking about the ramp scripting

it is not scripted its a internal anim and the command is

Quote[/b] ]this animate ["lcuramp", 1]      open

this animate ["lcuramp", 0]      close

in a trigger  or  way point

moveing vehicals as cargo  may be possible at some time but

at this time it is beyoned my ability

Lee_H._Oswald   nice picts

everyone thanks for the nice comments

and if anyone knows or can help me in the right direction with

the things i dont like and want to fix list

speek up

bk1276

I love it

Pity it never wants to beach itself when disgorging troops like the other boats, and the radar makes it a bit weird for d-day missions

edit: pity the troops don't even get out

I love it

Pity it never wants to beach itself when disgorging troops like the other boats, and the radar makes it a bit weird for d-day missions

edit: pity the troops don't even get out

well these would probably be the wrong types of landing craft to use for troops in a D-Day mission.  Most of the troop landing crafts on D-Day were the smaller Higgins type boat.  

As for the troops not getting out, all you gotta do is script a trigger to open the door.  For the commands you however have to De-pbo the addon to look inside at the scripts for the door animation script.   If I have the time (working on my mod's stuff), I'll see if I can do that and make a short demo mission for it that I can post here.  

EDIT-  Crap...this model is binarized....arrrrrg!    Ok... to the maker of this addon, can you post the scripts for opening and closing the door please?  That would really help out us mission makers.   Also an unbinarized version would help out new addon makers who might want to examine it to see how to make boats with animated parts and gun systems.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

niiiiice! Now i have somthing to play with untill the fastrope addon comes out.

I did notice you cant shoot the Guy manning the MG ( he must have one of those secret personal defence shield generators )

otherwise its working just fine with the door animation.