Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

Falklands 1.1 release and goodbye

<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>1982: Flashpoint in the Falklands

The Final</span>

Falklands 1.1 update

We release this 1.1 patch as an update to the weapon systems, much work on the new sights done by an outsider called Jimpy, which Psychokiwi has spend a good number of hours intergrating into our packs.

These provided are better than what we had and I believe are an improvement on our original work.

Unfortunately many of the other updates we had planned have either been forgotten or will take more time than the remains of the team are willing spend on them.

We leave the gaming community as a team, with our forums and website only staying alive as long as they had been paid up to, after that they will disappear into the ether.  I will be lurking on and off the forum while it stays up and might be able to reaspond, but dont expect a quick reasponse like the past.

This does not however mean members of the team will disappear, or for that matter the addons we created.  Some of the work done for this project is being carried on into Armed Assault, with at least two members rebuilding their OFP work for ArmA, and a third taking their skills into ArmA, there might be more I am unaware of.

I give a big thanks to everyone who has supported the team in many ways.

I also give a huge thanks to those that have spent time working in the team, even if your one of the many that only lasted a month or two, it has all helped, often pointing out alternative methods of working.  The team would not have got where it did without all the various team members over the years.

Its been I think around 6 years since this team was started and we did far more than we had first expected.  We took the skills of most of the team well beyond what they imagined they would ever be capable of.  The team went through some big ups and downs with quite a number of major ‘rescue’ attempts just to keep it alive in the latter years.  Personal circumstances ended up playing a very big part in the team over the years with some individuals managing to go to university and return to find the team still active.  I for one started in this team while unemployed and am now working, and have been for over 5 years!

If anyone ever makes a suggestion to setup to do a project such as us, thing carefully, your making a very very big commitment and all sorts is going to happen, you may think its easy at first, but believe me it isn’t, and I wasn’t even team leader at first.

Thanks to all the OFP community over the years, and a have a good future in either OFP or ArmA gaming.

CBFASI

Project Leader

Mirrors of the file are welcomed

Original Falklands 1.0 Release topic

Thank you for all your hard work, us untalented OFP players really appreciated all your hard work over the years.

Thank you guys for your hard work yay.gif This was an unexpected treat!!!

Would just like to say to everyone that has worked on this unique mod over the last 6 years:

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Thank you!</span>

Awesome, just awesome, this and SLX together equals the best mod ever. period. .

Yea..thanks for all your work! xmas_o.gif

On behalf of the Lost Brothers Mod, I give you our thanks for all of you and your team's fantastic work. All of you should be very proud of everything you have accomplished in OFP and we look forward to your individual projects (or new mods you guys end up joining up in) in ArmA. Likewise my own mod is moving now more towards ArmA so I hope to see most of you all there on the ArmA forums.

As Rizla Ranger says: Max Res!!! (Maximum Respect)

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The Lost Brothers Mod Team Leader

i have tryed out this update and new ironsights rockz just like everything else!  thumbs-up.gif

thing is there are only few missions and no mp mission at all sad_o.gif

good luck to you guys with your new projects notworthy.gif

Thank you for all the work you have put into the Falklands mod. The changes in this update are thoroughly appreciated.

This is one of the best projects for Flashpoint.

I have to say that it is all awesome, bar 1 thing.... The Argentinian Marines have no LODs I dont think, so as soon as you get maybe 15-20m away from them, all but their helmets disappear.

Also only a few british units have shadow lods (IIRC only the SAS and Para's), the rest doesn't have a shadow *makes creepy sound*

Not that it bothers me much, I have those shadows disabled anyway to increase performance.

Ok ive installed 1.1 but i get the following message that says "No entry 'Editable config.bin/CfgWeapons/FLKM16M203/UGL.magazine ReloadTime' when you first load it, then when you place a unit with M16/203 you get the following message.

"No entry 'Editable config.bin/CfgWeapons/FLKM16M203/UGL.cursor."

Can any one help me plz.

I have just been advised the Falklands website will go down on the 4th of Febuary... Permanantly

Thank you to all our supporters over the years.

Cb. and the Team.

(changed month to correct one!wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]4th of Feb
right?

The end of the Falklands mod marked a sad day indeed, for me it was the final curtain of a great 4 years workin with a great bunch of guys, although i was no longer part of the team in its final period i was still incontact with its members. Its a real shame the site is no longer up and long may the mod remain in the memories of all OFP fans around the world.

For some it failed as a mod, for others (and the majority) it far exceeded expectations, in the end the enormous and vast amount of work that was needed was the killing blow, theres no one to blame, its a simple fact of the natural (and somewhat) growth of the possibilities in OFP and the mod are the underlying reasons for the eventual downfall.

The work that was finally released is a marvel to behold and i strongly belive this particular mod stands out from the rest. Who knows maybe with funding it could have easliy developed into an offcial addon, but was not to be.

My Hat goes off to those who stuck it out to the end.

Well done chaps

I wouldn't describe it as a 'downfall' mate. As with any project in OFP, things take longer than expected. Perhaps a bit more was bitten off than could have been chewed, true. But I have really enjoyed the few missions I played with this mod.

I think this era is perfect for OFP, in that it's not quite the point and click battle of today.

The stand out for me in this mod are the ships. Granted they could've been movable with a bit of scripting, but they look and 'feel' just right.

Another highlight was the exploding planes. With the release of the MLODs for Arma, I was thinking of seeing if I could implement it there. BUt then I remembered I know nothing about modeling/texturing.

I guess in comparison to other mods like FDF for example, Falklands never got much attention on MP servers (from what little I know of MP). Also the timing of the release was unfortunate, around the same time as Arma.

What I'm trying to say is that the work that went into Falklands is/was perhaps underutilised, but not under appreciated.

My hat's off to all involved.