Virtual TrainingSpace 2

pic_fi10.jpg

Author : [CTR]Grimm

Version : 1.1

Changelog : Satellite view fixed

Coop 1 to 25 players

Content : 7 VTS2 maps, 3 tutorials, 1 readme.txt, 1 picture

5.43Mo

- Download the VTS2 pack (Armaholic F.T.P, English version). See below for requirements.

- Download the VTS2 pack (Centurions F.T.P, English version). See below for requirements.

============================================

VTS2 : The Concept

Virtual TrainingSpace 2 allows you to create cooperative missions in real time.

The players choose their side, equipment, the location of the objective, and so on.

Everything is customizable. It's composed of 2 modules that can work together or independantly : pre-mission and complete real time module.

Read this topic for further informations.

Files

Name : Co25 - Virtual TraingSpace 2 - Sahrani

File : Co25_VTS2_EN.Sara.pbo

Addons needed : none

Name : Co25 - Virtual TraingSpace 2 - Gardinas

File : Co25_VTS2_EN.GIMAP.pbo

Addons needed : Gardinas Island (1.1) =) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2170

EDIT : we have tested this map on LAN, ant it worked well. Don't know if the result will be the same on dedicated server... apparently not...

Name : Co25 - Virtual TraingSpace 2 - Border

File : Co25_VTS2_EN.borderlite.pbo

Addons needed : Iran-Irak border lite (high texture project beta2) =) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2181

It worked well on LAN and on dedicated server.

Name : Co25 - Virtual TraingSpace 2 - Sakakah

File : Co25_VTS2_EN.Sakakah.pbo

Addons needed : Sakakah Island (open beta) =) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2191

BEWARE : To run this map on a dedicated server, download the patch HERE (thanks to Scars09).

Name : Co25 - Virtual TraingSpace 2 - Sahrani United

File : Co25_VTS2_EN.Sara_dbe1.pbo

Addons needed : ArmA Queen's Gambit

Name : Co25 - Virtual TraingSpace 2 - Porto

File : Co25_VTS2_EN.Porto.pbo

Addons needed : ArmA Queen's Gambit

Name : Co25 - Virtual TraingSpace 2 - Syr Darain

File : Co25_VTS2_EN.asmap.pbo

Addons needed : ArmA Queen's Gambit / Alex Sworn Island 2.10 =) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2246

BEWARE : To run this map on a dedicated server, download this map HERE , and upload it on your server.

Grimm wishes to thank :

- Everyone at Centurions Team

- =dB= team, most especially =dB=Sniper121 for his reviews of the manuals and his testings, and =dB=08.Ed for his huge support.

- Our beta testers

- Armaholic for hosting our files

- See the missions'notes for other credits.

So does this require Queens Gambit?

Edit: Thanks for the reply! Then this is one more genuine huge YAY moment for ARMA!!!  ->yaybighahaxp5.gif <-

No! smile_o.gif

You just need QG for the last maps (ASmap, Porto, Sahrani United).

But you can play VTS2 without QG, with Sahrani, Gardinas, Sakakah, Iran-Irak Border...

You just have to download these maps and to put them in your addons.

Everything is written in the first post wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Name : Co25 - Virtual TraingSpace 2 - Sahrani

File : Co25_VTS2_EN.Sara.pbo

Addons needed : none

Name : Co25 - Virtual TraingSpace 2 - Gardinas

File : Co25_VTS2_EN.GIMAP.pbo

Addons needed : Gardinas Island (1.1) =) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2170

Name : Co25 - Virtual TraingSpace 2 - Border

File : Co25_VTS2_EN.borderlite.pbo

Addons needed : Iran-Irak border lite (high texture project beta2) =) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2181

Name : Co25 - Virtual TraingSpace 2 - Sakakah

File : Co25_VTS2_EN.Sakakah.pbo

Addons needed : Sakakah Island (open beta) =) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2191

Thanks alot, I already had alot of fun with the first version, but with the new features this will be even better.   thumbs-up.gif

Cool thanks. smile_o.gif

I need some help, I don't get it start.

It corruplty ends after the missionstart.

I need more details if there a fix needed : what island, what side, did you get an error message, etc.

I'm quite surprised as everything has been seriously tested many times. I would think it's a island problem... Did you download the right island? And did you play different side on the same time (VTS2 is a coop game, not a versus one)?

Hi

I started the mission,

there isn't a choice for any side.

But there comes a message like "Exercise terminated : PvP will only be implemented in a later version" and the mission ends corruptly.

I've try to played the mission on Sarahni and Sakakah on ArmA v.1.08.

Quote[/b] ]there  isn't a choice for any side.

This didn't happen to me for the sara (no addons required map).  The fact you were not offered a choice in side suggest to me that you tried to play it SP??  Try a LAN game etc

Quote[/b] ]But there comes a message like "Exercise terminated : PvP will only be implemented in a later version" and the mission ends corruptly.

I get that message in MP when I and a friend went on opposing sides.

This is a great mission/mod Elgarion.  Opens up alot of different gameplay which makes ArmA kick-arse (despite all the huffpuff).  

I did get a satellite script error.  However I was running mods TRUEVIEW and FFMAA..

Also I seemed to be targeting myself with arty.  Even when I clicked on another location? (I had it in CO_ORDS mode)

Anyways love it!!!

Viva Le VTS2 smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Raptor =) Mazza is perfectly right. Nothing to add except the error message you get comes from SP or opposing side smile_o.gif

Mazza =)

satellite view : it works fine with FFAMM (I used it myself). I guess that the True View Mod is the problem.

Artillery : first you have to set a position with "coord" (click ok then click on the map). Then you can ask for fire. it should work fine smile_o.gif. If you want to change the location, then select "coord" again, click ok, and click on another location on the map.

Raptor =) Mazza is perfectly right. Nothing to add except the error message you get comes from SP or opposing side smile_o.gif

ok thanks Mazza and Elgarion.

Now tested it, good work. smile_o.gif

Did you plan to make a SP version with the possibility to save the mission on PC ?

Quote[/b] ]Did you plan to make a SP version with the possibility to save the mission on PC ?

Not in a near future... I worked on VTS2 for two months full time, and I'm a little bit fed up with it... lol.

I think I'm going to take some rest for now smile_o.gif

But you can simulate SP when playing alone MP. Some AI are automatically spawned under your order in this case

WOW This is good

i havnt had time to try it much yet but i managed to spawn some opfor and a thingybobs in real time - the possibilities of this are quite large methinks

If I were to level any criticism at all at this, I would say that there's not much opportunity to learn how to "drive" this mission without having someone else in MP. Is there a way to kick off the mission with only the platoon leader present?

Starting alone you get some AI spawned with you and you can spawn other AI on your side in the real time editor smile_o.gif

DMarkwick =) I'm not sure to understand your question very well (I'm not an english native). For my part, I had some fun playing the mission alone in the earlier alpha stage, that's why i made the mission spawn some AIs when you're alone. Indeed, pre-mission module has a lot of random facts, and i feel it is quite easy to be surprised sometimes.

But I guess you're right since it's a fact that the whole mission has been designed for mp more than sp smile_o.gif

EDIT =) Oups Teliko, thanks wink_o.gif

At the time I beta tested with the guys from www.dbclan.net, we only tested with the Sahrani island with great success, though I'm looking forward to playing it on the new islands.

Hello Sniper121,

And you've been very helpful! Concerning VTS2, other Islands are just a (copy/paste) of the original ArmA island, so vts2 should be exactly the same (I hope so, lol), but I thought It would be funnier to have different environments.

Wath out the patch that need to be applied for Sakakah, and the special version of AlexSworn Map for dedicated servers.

Good game smile_o.gif

Silly question. Probably get scoffed..but I will ask it anyway. Will there ever be a way of saving the mission? For instance you design the layout etc in the 3D world (includes Base, minefields etc) and then save it.

Realise the game probably not geared up for this, just wondered if possible?

smile_o.gif

Elgarion I'm still getting error with satellite zoom in/out on sara island (no addons required) mission.  I was only running FFMAA mod

I will test later with no addons installed..

sad_o.gif

mazza =) yep, you're completly right, it seems to have some little bug with satellite view... Thank you for having noticed that. I'm gonna try to fix it. At least, it's not a big part of VTS2.

EDIT : FIXED. LINK UPDATED

And no, sorry, you actually can't save the real time. wink_o.gif

Thanks to everyone for their support and nice comments smile_o.gif