Sign in to follow this  
Doolittle

DAnti-Cheat System

I have a new version of the prior Anti-Cheat addon I'd made. This one doesn't require you to modify your maps to get it working! So, I apologize for all those people that modified the 100 or so maps.

I've decided to name it officially and start releasing updates for it under the name DACS.

The addon is being sent out to the mailing list I have of trusted server operators. This addon is not for clients, just server admins.

If you want to receive the addon then PM me your server website and a contact name that is visible on the website.

EDIT: Addon is now public dooacs6.zip

EDIT2: Set dooacsUserActionsOff = "true"; for better cheat protection.

Note this addon doesn't write to the server.log like the old version. It will also notify you that it has checked you as a player (with a PASS/FAIL message).

Old msg: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=68599

Doolittle

Sounds interesting smile_o.gif Nice work man, especially now that the addon doesnt require map modifications.

Does it cause much additional lag/server load?

Nice work man

good to hear its working!! I hope all the servers can get this running biggrin_o.gif

just finally was able to put it on our popular server after it was hacked

but now its running

I have a new version of the prior Anti-Cheat addon I'd made. This one doesn't require you to modify your maps to get it working! So, I apologize for all those people that modified the 100 or so maps.

I've decided to name it officially and start releasing updates for it under the name DACS.

The addon is being sent out to the mailing list I have of trusted server operators. This addon is not for clients, just server admins.

If you want to receive the addon then PM me your server website and a contact name that is visible on the website.

Note this addon doesn't write to the server.log like the old version. It will also notify you that it has checked you as a player (with a PASS/FAIL message).

Old msg: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=68599

Doolittle

I really hope you are careful with to whom you send it to since the cockheads who cheat would look down into it the the last hex....

we'll its working server's being full all night lol good stuff.

The MCY Gay Bar has it if I'm not wrong, but last night a CTF game was blown to hell with laser bombs.

New version out. If someone is using a known cheat, will now write to server log file as well as tell everyone currently playing.

Doolittle

can we have a new version that isn't allready pypassed???

adding global chat and recording those that pass/fail is all well and good, but when the system is allready bypassed it's kinda useless

while it still worked it was good, just a pity that it couldn't have been kept quiet, not shouted about on their forums, baiting them into a coding war.

just my opinion

Esco

Well I asked Wiskers to show me a vid so that then I'll know when they beat it.

Just because B. goes on and cheats somewhere... this addon blocks the majority of cheats, but someone could write their own cheat and get away with it. I have an idea to stop that too but haven't had time to implement as I'm trying to work on my CTI at the moment.

What this addon does do is kill all cheaters minus one at the moment, so that's better than letting them all have full reign.

Doolittle

Still works great on my server smile_o.gif Then again, it's far from the most populated one.

I had to ban mods because some mods (6th sense is one of the suspected) obviously crashes my server when players having it joins. I think that is the reason why my server usualy has less than 15 players on it, probably not getting the attention of the cheaters.

We'll its definitely having an impact for the better that goes without saying, and having something is far better than having nothing! and the ongoing support that Doolittle offers with it is great. We will not lock our server away!

I will be dropping this addon and using the Global Server Config addon instead.

I will send the "check for cheats string" in email to those on my list so that they can add to the above mentioned addon.

Now going back to this and letting Global Server Config be its own separate thing.

New DACS out. If you didn't get it in mail, let me know. Make sure you include your server website. I should be able to find an e-mail on that website to send you the addon.

Addon now works on all maps.

The new version looks very good smile_o.gif

It blocks the use of FFAM though, so atm I am back to FDF sound mod.

Excellent news Doolittle, this anti cheat system is the most effective i've seen yet in ArmA smile_o.gif

It blocks the use of FFAM though, so atm I am back to FDF sound mod.

I noticed & will try to fix tonight.

Okay, latest DACS allows you to run FFAM or other addon (other than cheats). I also included option to disallow certain addons. If you connect with an addon that's not allowed, the server will tell you to turn it off and then it will politely disconnect you (not lock you up). Cool, huh? Also added the same thing Global Server Config had, which is run script command on all clients for all maps.. like turn off grass... whatever.

DACS sent to super secure mailing list. Look for it on your favorite server! smile_o.gif

This sounds really good smile_o.gif

Thanks for the update.........cant wait to get home and check the mail wink_o.gif

I hope you can get this sent out to some Sahrani Life servers, they're becoming hell holes with the amount of cheaters on them sad_o.gif

Dear Dolittle...

You got a new enemy in your privat hacking war.. SBH.

We are these guys, crashed all the arma server in the last few days... hehe

why we do it? dont know, showing t*c that they suck.. and you that your script doesnt own...

how it works? just one thing.. we DONT use addons for it wink_o.gif

Well happy scripting... n00b..

Ow befor and we dont release our tools.. so dont worry.. you just see our member crashing your server... and guys, dont be sad...

be nice or we continue our glorious work...

time to kick ass and chew bubblegum....an' im all outta gum!