Sign in to follow this  
HulkingUnicorn

Music player - HULK_OggPlayer

<span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>NOTE:This addon REQUIRES the Extended_Init_EventHandlers addon by Solus to work!

NOTE: Placing the addon in your main addons folder is no longer supported (due to the ignore list)!</span></span>

oggplayerli7.jpg

oggplayer2pf3.jpg

Quote[/b] ]                         >>>>>OggPlayer version 0.9<<<<<

>>>By Delta38 & HulkingUnicorn<<<

NOTE: This addon REQUIRES the Extended_Init_EventHandlers addon by Solus to work!

Get that from http://tinyurl.com/2lsbrl

NOTE: Placing the addon in your main addons folder is no longer supported (due to the ignore list)!

This addon gives you the opportunity to play any tune from CfgMusic, letting you play both the original ArmA music and music from other addons (when such are loaded). You can put any tune on the ignorelist (@HULK_OggPlayer\Addons\HULK_OggPlayer_IgnoreList.sqf).

By activating this addon (Put the @HULK_OggPLayer folder in the main ArmA directory and adding -mod=@HULK_OggPlayer to your ArmA shortcut (separate different mods with semicolons if you already have any), you will find the action "Play music" attached to every vehicle and soldier in every mission. Don't worry, it's all clientside - you can listen to classical music while your gunner enjoys some heavy metal wink_o.gif

Activating this action will make a dialog spring into existence, and the first tune in the music library will be selected for playback.

Controls:

- Play button: Plays the selected song

- Stop button: Stops playback

- Track skip : Starts playing the next tune in the selected direction

- Click the selected tune to bring up a list of tunes. Select a tune and click the play button.

- Move the volume slider to change the volume (in the middle is the default by ArmA).

- close the player by pressing escape.

Troubleshooting:

- Make sure that you run this addon in a modfolder, and that the ignorelist is in @HULK_OggPlayer\Addons\

If you find that installing this addon does not do anything at all, please try to run it without any other addons/mod before reporting an error. Also make sure your ingame music volume is turned up high enough and

that the mission you're playing does not mute the music volume.

This addon might conflict with any addons adding EventHandlers not added through the Extended_Init_EventHandlers addon.

Divert your constructive criticism and bugreports (or any scripter groupies) to http://tinyurl.com/35bjqe

Enjoy,

HulkingUnicorn

Version history:

02.09.2007 - v0.7: First release

03.09.2007 - v0.8:

- Added the music player to soldiers

- Removed white edge around player background picture

- Made the player remember the last played track

- Enabled skip track functionality

- Added ignore list

03.09.2007 - v0.85: Quick bugfix (player not added to units starting in vehicles)

05.09.2009 - v0.9:

- Added volume slider

- Added a small loop which readds the player action on respawn

- Tweaked action system (Actions now only added to the player unit and vehicles)

- Added player to static weapons and parachuting soldiers

Note: Extra songs not included

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Download v0.9</span>

Armaholic mirror

ArmedAssault.info mirror

Combat-prison.net mirror

Sweet! My own car radio type of xmas_o.gif any1 know if i convert tracks into ogg. Then i put into a folder and just make a pbo out of it? Or do the extra music addon require some config to workr with the game and the hulk_oggplayer?

Hi there,

use the following to add your own tracks to your Arma.

config.cpp

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

//Track Adding by rocko [-=LSD=-]

//Using the HULK_OggPlayer Addon

class CfgPatches

{

class MusicBox

{

units[]={};

requiredVersion = 1.08;

requiredAddons[] = {};

};

};

class CfgMusic

{

class myTrack1

{

name = "name1";

sound[] = {"\MusicBox\one.ogg", 1.0, 1.0};

};

class myTrack2

{

name = "name2";

sound[] = {"\MusicBox\two.ogg", 1.0, 1.0};

};

//Editing Sample

//Use this to add more Tracks

//class yourNewTrack

//{

// name = "myTrackName";

// sound = {"myMusicBox\filename.ogg", 1.000000, 1.000000};

//};

};

Instructions:

Copy the above config.cpp to an folder called "MusicBox".

I put this folder directly in the addon-folder of the HULK_OggPlayer, so it is loaded whenever you use the OggPlayer.

Now rip your music, convert them to .ogg format and copy them into the "MusicBox" folder.

Enjoy your music. If help needed ask.

Regards.

P.S Dont wonder about the rocko. My usual nick is rocko, but O was out in this forum wink_o.gif

Mirrors added to first post.

Commando84, you need a little config file in the folder, but it's pretty - here is my current one:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgPatches

{

class HULK_SoundOfMusic

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.08;

requiredAddons[] = {};

};

};

class CfgMusic  

{

class MarchAirBorne

{

name = "01 Airborne";

sound[] = {"\HULK_SoundOfMusic\March1.ogg",1,1 };

};

class MarchHoilero

{

name = "02 Hoilero";

sound[] = {"\HULK_SoundOfMusic\March2.ogg",1,1 };

};

class MarchMontGomery

{

name = "03 Montomerys march";

sound[] = {"\HULK_SoundOfMusic\March3.ogg",1,1 };

};

class MarchGoblins

{

name = "04 March of the Goblins";

sound[] = {"\HULK_SoundOfMusic\March4.ogg",1,1 };

};

};Just make sure the path in CfgPatches matches the name of your folder (and the filename paths, obviously), and you should be ok.

By the way, I personally use Audacity for converting songs to .ogg format.

Edit: Ack, ack, too slow to post wink_o.gif

lol

ok you did probably first....but i posted first tounge2.gif

but nevertheless we can listen to more music then

regards

i have instaled it in a separated mod along with Solus init event handler but there is no radio option in any vehicle confused_o.gif

edit : with this mod alone it works , there must be any interference with any other mod i have installed sad_o.gif

How to get rid of the ArmA music files

ONLY FOR EXPERIENCED PPL - DO THIS HACK AT YOUR OWN RISK !! MAKE BACKUPS !!!

unPBO the .pbo and open the music.sqf.

Find the line that says

Quote[/b] ]

_i = 1;

and change to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_i = 29;

Save the file, and pbo again.

this will skip the 28 boring music tracks that come with Arma and will just show your 'newly' added tracks.

should work fine, as all your custom tracks are loaded after the internal loadup of BIS music.

regards

rocko

there is a conflict with the 6thSense.eu-Pack1_v0.2 , taking this out your mod works correctly huh.gif

Pity to hear that... But all is not lost though. It should be possible to:

1. Connect HULK_OggPlayer to the 6thSense mod instead of the Extended_Init_EventHandlers addon

2. Make the 6thSense  and the Extended_Init_Eventhandlers addon compatible

Not sure how to go about this though.

tried your mod wich is super sweet! smile_o.gif especially during long drives, but i noticed that when driving 5Tt truck i cant get the music menu showing up.

Glad you like it - there's a strange bug you have though. I just tried entering every type of 5T (including the support types) and I get the player to show every time. I even spawned one just to be on the safe side.

Does this happen to you consistently, regardless of the mission played? If not, did you play a resource-hungry mission when it happened? Do you have any mods changing the truck?

A little heads up on new features in the upcoming version:

- Access the player even when on foot

- The player remembers the track you played last, and this will be selected the next time you open up the player

- Player picture white edge cleaned up

- (Unconfirmed, maybe later version) Previous/Next track buttons

- (Unconfirmed, maybe later version) Volume slider

yeah it was evolution and a few objectives into the mess biggrin_o.gif

i had time to move from pariaso down to somato and cayo and them from dolores to ortego and after ortego i think it went like that, about 3 hours after playing, but only on 4t truck i think. smile_o.gif

Hi, I have found something that is sort of a bug...

If you are near a vehicle you get an 2nd play music option.

If you started In a vehicle then once you exit the vehicle you don't have the radio.

These are some quick things I noticed and I would like to have a "Stop music" button in the action menu as it takes long time to switch around in the radio... A volume slider would be nice to but I know you already have thought of that and the trouble probably is implementing it...

Anyways Cool stuff mate, Keep it up.

Ai! Didn't think of units starting in vehicles crazy_o.gif

I'll try to think of something wink_o.gif

As for the stop action it would have to be optional, I think - or possibly triggered by a keyboard button.

Volume slider is in the works - it will be especially useful if the mission lowers the music volume.

Also when you are near several units you get more play music actions even if they are dead ( Same with vehicles)