Sign in to follow this  
akd

DMA Army Pack: Now Improved!

west16ig.jpg

resistance37du.jpg

resistance19nh.jpg

east17yz.jpg

Drawing on the best community work, I've produced a pack to improve the already excellent DMA Army Pack unit replacement mod. The pack includes new weapons (most original BIS now replaced), new and improved sounds, realism enhancements, more variety in Resistance units, and some config tweaks and fixes. The emphasis here is on improving the infantry experience, while maintaining BIS balance and mission compatability. The pack includes configs for DMA Army Pack + ECP 1.085 and DMA Army Pack standalone.

Hope someone finds it useful!

AKD's DMA Army Pack Improved

DMA Army Pack here.

ECP here.

S!

-AKD

ive always liked DMA's work, AKD u have done a very gud job improving it...looks kool

downloading...................cant wait to try em when my ofp gets cured sad_o.gif

Would be nice if you would list all changes, because I think DMA AM is very good atm, so I do not know why should I download yours wink_o.gif Some advertisment please wink_o.gif

And maybe you should add Locke Animod to it as an option (but remember, that there is MP issue, if someone has no LAM, then his computer or such server will crash).

Regrads

@Bonko the Sane: DMA had ECP option from the beginning.

Would be nice if you would list all changes, because I think DMA AM is very good atm, so I do not know why should I download yours wink_o.gif Some advertisment please wink_o.gif

And maybe you should add Locke Animod to it as an option (but remember, that there is MP issue, if someone has no LAM, then his computer or such server will crash).

Regrads

@Bonko the Sane: DMA had ECP option from the beginning.

It's a supplement to the DMA Army Pack, not a replacement for it. I'm afraid I don't know what Locke Animod is.

how can u change the tank crew and tanks in east side ? i whould like replace the crew tand tank with orc tanks and rhs tank crew

Yay! Based on your descriptions in the DMA thread, this looks to be a nifty set of improvements. smile_o.gif

isnt the rgp warhead supposed to be visible when armed and invisible when the rpg is on back? with this mod i get the opposite...might me some weird conflict, dunno.

isnt the rgp warhead supposed to be visible when armed and invisible when the rpg is on back? with this mod i get the opposite...might me some weird conflict, dunno.

Nope. The PG-16 HEAT rocket is the same diameter as the RPG-16 tube, 58.3mm, and fits entirely inside. This gives the RPG-16 increased range and accuracy over the RPG-7, although the max penetration of the warhead is limited by the diameter. Roughly equivalent to U.S. improved LAW in performance.

But if you are getting a warhead visible when the RPG-16 is on your back or empty, then there is indeed some conflict.

There is no problems with DMA or Sanctuary anims (Sanctuary was one of the author of these anims) and the issue in MP is, if someone has no LAM inside, and someone else use it, it will crash first person's OFP. The same with server.

But you can give two config files for SP (with LAM) and MP for example. Or turn off LAM by default and give possibility to turn it on easyli like NVGs in ECP.

There is no problems with DMA or Sanctuary anims (Sanctuary was one of the author of these anims) and the issue in MP is, if someone has no LAM inside, and someone else use it, it will crash first person's OFP. The same with server.

But you can give two config files for SP (with LAM) and MP for example. Or turn off LAM by default and give possibility to turn it on easyli like NVGs in ECP.

I'll look into it shinbusan. Thanks. As a config option that is by default turned off, I think it would work fine.

If anyone's interested, I made a very minor change to my own copy of this config, halving the airateoffire value of class Machine_Gun7_6 from 0.5 to 0.25, since I was a little annoyed at the machine gunners using their weapons like rifles, even at <100m. Now instead of "pop.. pop.. pop" I get "poppoppoppoppop." tounge2.gif I initially tried 0.1, but they burned through ammo entirely too quickly (with 0.1 it really did sound like machine gun fire at ~100m: "ppppppppop").

edit: Whoa. Unwanted side effect. I hadn't realized how accurate the AI are with machine guns. A couple of machine guns can positively rape an entire squad of assault rifles. crazy_o.gif I think I'll be setting the airateoffire back to its original value. tounge2.gif

If anyone's interested, I made a very minor change to my own copy of this config, halving the airateoffire value of class Machine_Gun7_6 from 0.5 to 0.25, since I was a little annoyed at the machine gunners using their weapons like rifles, even at <100m. Now instead of "pop.. pop.. pop" I get "poppoppoppoppop." tounge2.gif I initially tried 0.1, but they burned through ammo entirely too quickly (with 0.1 it really did sound like machine gun fire at ~100m: "ppppppppop").

edit: Whoa. Unwanted side effect. I hadn't realized how accurate the AI are with machine guns. A couple of machine guns can positively rape an entire squad of assault rifles. crazy_o.gif I think I'll be setting the airateoffire back to its original value. tounge2.gif

I actually adjusted the rate of fire for the MGs via reloadtime and left the AI adjustment as normal. The AI adjustment is there because of several inherent defects in the OFP engine. Increasing the AI rate-of-fire actually decreases their accuracy exponentially with range.

For the M-240, this is not necessarily unrealistic, as it has variable ROF in real life. It is a bit of a bother for the PKM.

But yeah, the sound of those MGs really ripping is nice. I'd like to have a realistic implementation of the M-240 at 1000 rpm. Might work on that some more, but as it is now the MGs are "balanced."

Luckily, AI accuracy can be separately adjusted via the "aiDispersionCoef" variable.

As a result of your little heads up, I decided to play around a little with the aiDispersionCoef values in both MachineGun7_6 and MachineGun7_6Manual. Okay, so maybe "a bit" is a bit of an understatement. I bumped up the X value from 6.5 to 50, while dropping the airateoffire back down to 0.1. Now I've got me some machine gunners. biggrin_o.gif

They do tend to chew through ammo at an alarming rate, since they don't prescribe to the "die motherfucker die, die motherfucker die" burst control methodology, but it certainly does make the battlefield come alive. At 200m from an elevated firing position, two M240's can decimate an infantry squad's flank, but they're not so accurate that they'll do the same from a level position, or firing at a squad's front. Now if only proper suppression was built in. smile_o.gif

My testing did uncover one oddity, though, with riflemen, though I'm not sure if this is due to changes you made, or are part of ECP. At the moment, from the elevated position, the riflemen that I positioned there are firing bursts, instead of single shots. Where would this behavior be defined?

edit: Ah, found it. Crud, I'll have to redefine every single weapon's airateoffiredistance. crazy_o.gif

edit2: Well that didn't work worth a damn. Changed the airateoffiredistance to 75 from 250, and the riflemen were still firing bursts at 200m. :???:

Oh, and I'm finding it absolutely hilarious to watch two machine gunners pour a hail of lead around a lone soldier at 200m. rofl.gif They chew through that ammo right quick, though. Might consider upping the rof to 0.2 or 0.25.

Oh, and akd, do let me know if you consider all this hijacking your thread. I was figuring it may be of interest, but it may also be approaching the realm of thread jacking.

As a result of your little heads up, I decided to play around a little with the aiDispersionCoef values in both MachineGun7_6 and MachineGun7_6Manual. Okay, so maybe "a bit" is a bit of an understatement. I bumped up the X value from 6.5 to 50, while dropping the airateoffire back down to 0.1. Now I've got me some machine gunners. biggrin_o.gif

They do tend to chew through ammo at an alarming rate, since they don't prescribe to the "die motherfucker die, die motherfucker die" burst control methodology, but it certainly does make the battlefield come alive. At 200m from an elevated firing position, two M240's can decimate an infantry squad's flank, but they're not so accurate that they'll do the same from a level position, or firing at a squad's front. Now if only proper suppression was built in. smile_o.gif

My testing did uncover one oddity, though, with riflemen, though I'm not sure if this is due to changes you made, or are part of ECP. At the moment, from the elevated position, the riflemen that I positioned there are firing bursts, instead of single shots. Where would this behavior be defined?

edit: Ah, found it. Crud, I'll have to redefine every single weapon's airateoffiredistance. crazy_o.gif

edit2: Well that didn't work worth a damn. Changed the airateoffiredistance to 75 from 250, and the riflemen were still firing bursts at 200m. :???:

Oh, and I'm finding it absolutely hilarious to watch two machine gunners pour a hail of lead around a lone soldier at 200m. rofl.gif They chew through that ammo right quick, though. Might consider upping the rof to 0.2 or 0.25.

Oh, and akd, do let me know if you consider all this hijacking your thread. I was figuring it may be of interest, but it may also be approaching the realm of thread jacking.

I think if you just add the ai dispersion variables to the PK and M60 sections it will work fine. No need to change or define them all. But yes, drastically increasing the X variable will create a pretty cool beaten zone effect, but under most situations they will be out of ammo in a heartbeat. Set some up on a hill at night and watch through NVG. Great stuff! smile_o.gif

As far as regular riflemen, I made no changes to AI rate of fire distances from ECP/DMA defaults.

Not hijacking at all. If greater realism can be achieved without sacrificing balance or AI behavior, that's the idea!

Okay, so I've been putzing around with the config, and made some odd discoveries (apologies to all if this is old hat, but I'm rather new to the config side of things). First, the really odd values for the two base bullet classes (none were changed from the default BIS values):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">This is for bulletsingle

minRange=10;minRangeProbab=0.10;

midRange=50;midRangeProbab=0.38;

maxRange=200;maxRangeProbab=0.04;

And this is bulletburst

minRange=0.5;minRangeProbab=0.25;

midRange=70;midRangeProbab=0.50;

maxRange=250;maxRangeProbab=0.08;

Now I dunno about you, but that doesn't make much sense. I think I see the rationale behind it, but it's kinda going about it the wrong way. I can understand the range probability for bursts being higher at min and med ranges, but at max range? Also the range values themselves are completely off, especially when you consider that the max ranges are higher than for single shot.

I foresee a whole lot of tweaking in my immediate future, instead of real work. tounge2.gif

For MG fire, what would you think about a "burst" mode, so to speak. Maybe a 5-7 round burst, with airateoffire reduced, so they treat the MG like they should. Have the burst engagement range longer than single, so that when their targets close, they switch to full on rock and roll. I dunno, some random musings that I reckon warrant further testing. smile_o.gif Off to play with the config some more. tounge2.gif

I'm not going to pretend to know the first thing about editting configs, but your idea sounds interesting from an outsider, logical standpoint. I wonder if you could script a 'die motherfucker die' burst length.

Argh. I can't get AI units to use the burst mode right now. I've got a working 5-round burst (minus a burst sound), subclassed the ammo types and tracer defs, and added a "modes" section to the M60 class. I reworked the engagement range values of Bullet7_6 to have a much shorter range (max 100m) than the added Bullet7_6Burst, and also gave the latter a lower cost (2 vs 4 for the former).

And now my machine gunners refuse to engage at ranges greater than 100m. Giving an "Engage" order simply sees them running to within 100m of their target and spraying.

Is there a trick for adding firing modes or ammo? I mean, it seems evident from the engagement ranges that the ammo definition seems to have issues, but it's pretty much copied ad verbatim from BulletBurst, with value changes only.

In fact, I've managed to change the BulletSingle and BulletBurst engagement range values so that my guys no longer fire ammo-wasting bursts from their M-16s at 200m. So I'm at a bit of a loss.

Oh, on a semi-related note, what the heck are the various "ff" values (ffcount=1, etc)?

Here are the ammo values I used:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">   class Bullet7_6 : BulletSingle

{

airLock=1;

hit=8;

indirectHit=2;

indirectHitRange=0.100000;

minRange=1;

minRangeProbab=0.900000;

midRange=70;

midRangeProbab=0.500000;

maxRange=100;

maxRangeProbab=0.050000;

cost=4;

cartridge="FxCartridgeHeavy";

};

//LTK Addition: Bullet7_6Burst - engagement range > 200?

class Bullet7_6Burst : Bullet7_6

{

minRange=70;

minRangeProbab=0.25;

midRange=150;

midRangeProbab=0.5;

maxRange=400;

maxRangeProbab=0.08;

visibleFire=25;

audibleFire=25;

visibleFireTime=5;

cost=2;

};

//LTK End Addition

And the modes section I added to class M60:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//LTK Addition

modes[] = {Auto, Burst};

class Auto

{

displayName="M-240G Auto";

ammo="Bullet7_6W";

multiplier=1;

burst=1;

ffCount=6;

aiRateOfFire=0.1;

aiRateOfFireDistance=1000;

reloadTime=0.08;

sound[]={"\AKD_Weapons\sound\M240_Fire.wss",1.000000,1};

soundContinuous=false;

recoil="mgunburst3";

autoFire=true;

dispersion=0.0007;

useAction = false;

useActionTitle = "";

};

class Burst

{

displayName="M-240G Burst";

ammo="Bullet7_6BurstW";

multiplier=1;

burst=5;

ffCount=6;

sound[]={"\LTK_Sounds\M240_Burst.wss",1.000000,1};

soundContinuous=false;

reloadTime=0.1;

aiRateOfFire=5;

aiRateOfFireDistance=1000;

recoil="mgunburst3";

autoFire=false;

dispersion=0.0007;

useAction = false;

useActionTitle = "";

};

//LTK End Addition

If there's a glaring mistake I've made in there, please let me know. tounge2.gif

edit: 5-round burst now has associated burstfire sound (5-minute jobbie repeating the M240 fire sound)

Oops. Silly error while subclassing the tracers, so the burst ammo was inheriting all the engagement range values from Bullet7_6. banghead.gif

So it works now, and sounds awesome, but I'll have to putz around with the recoil settings, because as is, the AI sends at least 4 of the 5 rounds per burst well high of their targets. Then again, this could work really nicely from an elevated position.

The real problem now is how to make the burst mode only appear for AI units and not the player. Well okay, it's not a problem per se, but it would be nice if doable. Any ideas?