Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC Rugen (25km Terrain)

PMC Rugen, a 25km terrain using resistance objects and textures, formely known as PMC_Euro 25km.

mapview_rugen_t.jpg

The island uses Agent Smith (AGS) Industrial Pack, Harbor Kit and Baracken addons.

There is also campaign included called PMC Hero's Path, it has 34 missions using LSR Rangers & SEALs, JAM2, CoC Unified Artillery, Tomahawks & Mines, Bn880 Tracers, bas Blackhawk.

Island works nicely even with 3500m viewdistance where you can really have nice air/tank combat missions.

This release is designated as Alpha 4. I consider it to be the last of the alphas, meaning that its an excuse if I have to do some more changes. But as OFP community has learned from the past, like for example catshit afghanistan where complete cities were removed between version numbers, I will not do something like that. All changes/fixes made at this point will be miminal so that all existing missions/etc work nicely. Of course I hope that there will be no changes/fixes made, but we'll see what you guys come up with.

Check out the sheer size of PMC Rugen compared to puny Everon.

Rugen-Everon_t.jpg

Big, eh? 🙂

Check our PMC OFP Islands page also.

The purpose of this Alpha #4 release is to test the island and campaign, to fix all the remaining bugs and/or make the final changes necessary for best gameplay before going to Beta stage where I'd say there will be no more changes to the island, only bug fixes (which should be absolute minimum at that point). So please send alot of feedback, good or bad, all is very welcome.

Get it from PMC Tactical OFP Downloads page.

well, right off the bat...Its too dark most of the time on the island...at 1630 its almost comletely night outside...1230 looks still like the middle of the early morning..... I will say though..this is a VERY nice island...a island of this size deserves its own fictional army and population biggrin_o.gif ....yeah I can dream but we all know it would turn into another..."they should have "x-country's" equipment cause their too small...yada yada yada"

Wow, yesterday is talked about making a Bundeswehr CTI on PMC Euro, and now there is a new version!

Great, downloading now.

I hope flying with higher viewdistances is still possible. whistle.gif

MfG Lee thumbs-up.gif

What are the newest versions from AGS Industrial and Harbour?

Industrial V3.0 <-?

dl.gif

Harbour V1.3 <-?

dl.gif

Is that correct?

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Guest major gandhi

really nice for flight missions but useless for anything else except perhaps big scale tank missions because of the lack of detail.

Damm it is cool flying 1-10 meters of the ground with 600+km pr hour biggrin_o.gif with a 2km view distance and no lag(very low terain detail) thumbs-up.gif

I realy like this island even if it's more for tanks and planes than infantry. I could imagine you could use hole devisions to fight.

Now I wanted to play the campaign but after Ihad killed all the russians and the choppe the mission endded and the screen went black and somhow the mission continued behind the blind fold so I had to shot OFP down.

STGN

nice!  

im still using the old version for my massive LibMod tank battles biggrin_o.gif

1 suggestion: dont use coblestone roads outside towns, the vehicles drive very slow on them...another issue is the aircraft hangars, planes simply dont fit in them, why not use one of the many alternative community made hangers? i know your objective is a lag free island, but those BIS hangers are just using polys and have a very basic functionality, and as this island is suitable for big aerial campaigns im of the opinion that at least the airplane hangers should work..but thats just my 2 cents.

about the campaign, im stuck on first mission, killed all the hostile soldiers and the mi8...and nothing happens...

edit: the island anims are a slide show, the viewdistance on them could be reduced

@Lee_H._Oswald

Yes, that is correct.

If in doubt, always check my homepage (link in my sig).

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Its too dark most of the time on the island...at 1630 its almost comletely night outside...1230 looks still like the middle of the early morning

The lat/long is on northern europe, so yeah I guess its semi dark. Hmm perhaps it could be tweaked a bit. Any suggestions for lat/long settings?

Quote[/b] ]How many towns does it have?

Uh, I dont know, never counted. But I do remember when I added villages, you know those unnamed/labeled villes along the normal big(ger) named towns, that there were like 53 of them. But... dunno really, like I said, never counted. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I hope flying with higher viewdistances is still possible.

I'm often overviewing the landscape on BIS A-10 LGB with 3500m viewdistance, sure there are occational slowdown, but hey its less than in nogova with 900m viewdistance.

My computer is AMD 2800+, radeon 9800 pro, 1gb ram.

Quote[/b] ]What are the newest versions from AGS Industrial and Harbour?

Yes those that you listed, industrial v3.0 and harbor v1.3, I think.

Quote[/b] ]Possibility of any screenshots, please?

I'll try to get few screenshots with mega viewdistance. Remind me if those aren't showing up anytime soon.

Quote[/b] ]really nice for flight missions but useless for anything else except perhaps big scale tank missions because of the lack of detail.

I realy like this island even if it's more for tanks and planes than infantry.

Well considering that PMC Hero's Path campaign only has 4 helo and 4 tank missions, its just normal infantry stuff the rest of the way. I like to play in the open wide areas and there is detail near the forests and cities.

Actually I've been thinking of making big tank/air combat mission(s), but been too busy/lazy recently.

Quote[/b] ]In the readme you say you only need lasers delta/ranger pack. Laser seals is seperate

Oops, sorry about that. Will fix it on the next readme. Thanks for letting me know.

Quote[/b] ]dont use coblestone roads outside towns, the vehicles drive very slow on them

Yes this is on my fixes list. I will replace the slow coblestone roads with asfphalt in the next version. Or some later version at least because when I nuke the roads, it means I'm losing all the WrpTool road-data, so if I need to edit some roads, it will be impossible to revert the pieces one by one without the road-data.

But yeah, final version will have nice and fast/wide asfphalt roads.

Quote[/b] ]aircraft hangars, planes simply dont fit in them, why not use one of the many alternative community made hangers?

Okay remind me one more time what addons there are for aircraft hangars?

Quote[/b] ]im stuck on first mission, killed all the hostile soldiers and the mi8...and nothing happens

Strange, I've played it many times and it works just fine. I'll dig around to see if there is any other way to finish it.

Quote[/b] ]the island anims are a slide show, the viewdistance on them could be reduced

Are you sure its not YOUR viewdistance that causes this, because they are just normal missions and not touching the viewdistance command. So if your OFP Options is set to macho viewdistance... smile_o.gif

That island rocks, there is none higher!(For large tank battles and flight action) wink_o.gif

I will play a CTI on that baby tonight, let's see how it performs.

Fact is, I love it!

@AG_Smith: Thanks for the info, your addons are my all time favorites.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Okay remind me one more time what addons there are for aircraft hangars?

RKSL Nato HAS Pack :

OFP.Info link #1

OFP.Info link #2

RKSL Hanger pack :

OFP.Info link #1

OFP.Info link #2

smile_o.gif

edit: personaly, i found they suit very well with ACES runway/airport textures pack

also Colorchanger's G8 Aircraft-Shelter v.2

and Colonel_Klink's Utopia Aircraft Shelter

p.s: yes, you are obviously right...the view distance while i was watching the island anims were at 3000 m  yay.gif

p.p.s: i found out what the problem was with the campaign, i had @DMA modfolder on, it seems it causes conflicts.

Fantastic island for "hardcore cti".

Picture of a first test round on this "continet of an island":

PNP021.jpg

Thanks!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif