Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

camera.sqs improvment

After fianally using the camera.sqs.  Not sure why I never tried it for all the hundreds of screenshots I've taken, but hey.

One little improvement I would like to see is instead of using the Num Pad, have the option to use the mouse to move the camera angle, or adjust sensitivity to be able to manually pan at a slower speed, for added control over the camera..

Just one of those little things that would be cool, a more direct, easy to target camera.

(Searched around but nothing came up relating to camera.sqs directly, sorry if it was already posted in another thread or something.)

Yeah i agree. Also, saving multiple coordinates by clicking eg shift+control for every new one would be useful. And then when you paste it into the text editor all of them are pasted there.

What if you could start the cutscene, move the camera around in real time, and "record" the coordinates. That would be fun.

Besides of placing the position into the clipboard, camera.sqs also appends it to the file clipboard.txt in the OFP directory. While this is not exactly what you want, maybe it could be helpfull checking this file.

Oh, i had no idea. Well thanks for the heads up! This makes things so much easier. biggrin_o.gif

I feel kind of embarassed for not knowing this before..

tounge_o.gif

it was quite surprising to see that the founder of the Combat Photography thread had never used camera.sqs so far

on a related note: will the commands camsetbank and camsetdive work in OFP2?

(or do they already work in the product that dare not speak its name on this forum?)

Just on a side note...

when people sugest these new command lines such as:

"camsetbank and camsetdive"

Where do they find them, are they commonly used in some programming language or are they just improvisations?

I know nothing about programming so please bear with me smile_o.gif

the two commands I mention are already in OFP1's official comref, but nobody ever got them to work

they would most probably allow us to tilt the camera in the horizontal dimension, which is nearly impossible nowadays

A dolly cam would be awesome. You know a free to place camera that is handled as an object and can be moved with mouse in 3d view. I know this would be something totally new but in combination with paths that could be set by simple points with 3d coordinates it would make "filming" in OFP great fun. I hope you get the idea.

Ah yes, I´m back by the way smile_o.gif

soldier2.gif

Reporting back.

"the two commands I mention are already in OFP1's official comref, but nobody ever got them to work

they would most probably allow us to tilt the camera in the horizontal dimension, which is nearly impossible nowadays"

Oh okay, i understand smile_o.gif

Oh and Balschoiw, that's a grate idea as well. Would improve things alot. Welcome back btw wink_o.gif