Sign in to follow this  
general

Firelord

I'm sitting here and wating for blair wich news campaign and I'm dying for it sad_o.gif . but some1 told me someting about a mission caled firelord biggrin_o.gif . and I wonder where I ca downlowd it. rock.gif

I`ve been trying to play this mission for a long time but sadly I could not.AFAIK is related to Resistance compatibility-so is there any way through to make it work with 1,96-a tip maybe?

Yes its a shame. I tried to play it recently ofr hte first time and it looked great. Using 1.96, I got as far a scene where the scientists play you a movie of the Bad Boy in action and that movie never ended.

I couldnt get past the movie part too. Also if you get into the car before the scientist at the beginning. It wont play right either. unclesam.gif

MilitiaSniper

For me, the scientists never get into the uaz and I get stuck in there forever, talking alone with ghosts. LOL

If some tallented mission maker could convert this mission to be compatible with Resistance 1.96 it would be great, because the mission itself seems to be awesome.

I figured that a while ago.I unpbod the mission and looked at it in mission editor.

You have to keep a distance until the scientist get into the car or else the you will trigger the cutscene and they won`t get into the car and screw everything up.

The problem is I have no idea what is suposed to happen in the cutscene where the Spetzantz aproaches the truck and it starts to tremble.

Is there nobody that could fix the problem?

I got past the cutscene on 1.94, but I couldn't get any further than after the cutscene which had the SpetzNatz being brought out of the water. The reason being is because everything stops happening. Like, the AI just goes "duh.... what am I sopposed to do now?".

Quote[/b] ]The problem is I have no idea what is suposed to happen in the cutscene where the Spetzantz aproaches the truck and it starts to tremble.

Iv played the mission ages ago before resistance days and that part the truck is ment to fly up into the air and smash into a wall, looks amazing! completely blew me away in my early OFPing days. And the mission itself is even better wow_o.gif must say one the best and most tense OFP missions iv played. along with skye virus biggrin_o.gif (witch was made by someone called murphy tounge_o.gif )

I played this long ago and the Scientists hopped in the UAZ and split without me, maybe i didnt have my deodorant on. sad_o.gif

For me, the scientists never get into the uaz and I get stuck in there forever, talking alone with ghosts. LOL

If some tallented mission maker could convert this mission to be compatible with Resistance 1.96 it would be great, because the mission itself seems to be awesome.

Do you know the Author? if so i will contact him and see if he is ok with me doing a conversion for 1.96. That is if you all think little ole Winters is worthy enough tounge_o.gif

Nah, sorry Winters, but you suck at missions tounge_o.gif. I hope you can get a hold of that guy so us people who haven't gotten a chance to try the mission can do so smile_o.gif

Do you know the Author? if so i will contact him and see if he is ok with me doing a conversion for 1.96. That is if you all think little ole Winters is worthy enough  tounge_o.gif

I don't know him, but i'll find him and ask his permission for you ok!!

Thanks !

good luck... devilchaser doesnt ever seem to reply to his emails etc - i think he left this community long long ago... winters, you might as well upgrade it and state you had no pemission from the author, but felt that the community would benefit from the upgrading of this addon...

from what i remember, this was an excellent mission - but its going to be a hard task upgrading it with the new 1.96 AI and scripting commands that have changed or become obsolete - plus it was a long mission with long cutscenes... good luck winters smile_o.gif

Ok.. contacted Devilchaser about the permission. As soon as he answer me, I'll inform here. So, Winters, keep in touch with this topic. wink_o.gif

Thanks.

Ok will do, an update will be a while as i am still in the middle of my recent relocation and wont have my PC until mid August, but as soon as i do get it you can expect the PUB to re-open in a big way wink_o.gif

is anyone going to update this Mission as i downloaded it today and thought it to be one of the most atmospherical i have ever played.

The only problem is that the mission itself seems not to be compatible with 1.96 due to errors within game.

EG.

The two scientists running away, leaving you in the UAZ to have Skitsophrenic chats with you self.

The spetnatz soldier watching the shaking URAL.

haven't you read the whole topic...? WInters is probably still working on it or then it's forgotten... wink_o.gif

is anyone going to update this Mission as i downloaded it today and thought it to be one of the most atmospherical i have ever played.

The only problem is that the mission itself seems not to be compatible with 1.96 due to errors within game.

EG.

The two scientists running away, leaving you in the UAZ to have Skitsophrenic chats with you self.

The spetnatz soldier watching the shaking URAL.

were did u download it? cuz i cant find it...  sad_o.gif

EDIT: aw im blind, just found it, ill take a look at it wink_o.gif

haven't you read the whole topic...? WInters is probably still working on it or then it's forgotten... wink_o.gif

I had not started any work on it as i was waiting for permission from Devilchaser as well as trying to finish a myriad of other projects i ahve going on. I guess i kinda forgot about this one as Devilchaser never got back to us about it.

well, i think i solved all the bugs now... (didnt play the whole mission as i dont have the time right now tounge_o.gif )

meh, ill test it tonight or wednesday.... wink_o.gif