Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC Vietnam 12 & 25km islands released

PMC Vietnam 12 & 25km islands has been released. These islands require the stock default SEB NAM Pack v2.0 to work since they use the objects and textures from it.

NAM 12km

nam_12_map-s.jpg

1200x1200 high res

NAM 25km

nam_25_map-s.jpg

1200x1200 high res

Sorry about the low quality images, I just cant keep the filesize small while quality on the image, anyways.

If someone wonders why didn't I use the new Ebud made SEB_ILO v2.0 objects, the reason is that these islands were created long before the new objects were completed. And no, its not as easy as using WrpTool's Replace Objects feature since the objects aren't 1:1 compatible with the old SEB NP2 stuff. In the future I might convert these islands to the new objects, but no promises. Of course I'll fix any bugs you guys discover, to the missions or the islands.

These islands include missions. nam 12km has one SP/MP mission. nam 25km has 1 video/cutscene mission, 3 SP/MP missions and one CoC CE mission. I especially like the video mission, just start it up, grab ice cold Dr. Pepper and enjoy the show.

Download is 12mb and includes both islands, check it out from our PMC Tactical Downloads page and visit PMC Tactical.

Damn, don't have the 'Nam pack ever since I got my new machine sad_o.gif

Anybody have a link to it?

12k island - nice, too uniform though, its like 'base here, base here, village here' where are the rivers?

25k island - longest loading island i have downloaded, nice LZ's, nice bases, nice towns, only down fall is the barroness of the landscapes outside the forests rock.gif

Video thing: first minute and a half of constant gun fire only yielded 1 vc casualty :\

10 minutes later, after getting bored of seeing a SF guy lying by a tree, black m60 gunner standing by a tree, an old VC crouched by a bush and the gunship, i decided to quit.

There were some nice shots, like when the SF guy uses his m203 (scripted?). other than that its pretty boring although the chopper cams are nice. I never saw one guy actually shoot anyone, just random dead bodies around.

For 15 odd US left, only seeing 2 of them in the cycle was pretty poor.

-ZiRo

lordy! those are big ass islands,

do they lagg?

any big mountains?

(sry im at work and cant D/L)

Not much CPU power needed from what i played with.

And yeah theres some taller hills, one with an LZ ontop which is pretty cool.

-ZiRo

great job, you make a very big vietnam map.

but why no rivers?rock.gif

do you love the netherlands? all in all is this map very flat  smile_o.gif

Overall, very good job. I like them, but version using Ebud's Ilo Ilo objects will be very welcome. wink_o.gif

here you can find the full Vte pack, I guess the islands are included. wink_o.gif