Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

Icbm

Once again, an attempt to stretch the limits of ofp engine, for those who wanna try it:-

1. PC hanger -

a special purpose AI friendly 30m X 50m hanger with sliding doors and ceiling hatches with 2 levels of gantry to place soldiers. Also come with staircase for individual soldiers to move up and down and a roof exit with ladders.

2.PC ICBM -

nothing much, just a missile/rocket with gantry and 1 operator for manual override purpose shooting a missile harmlessly straight into the air, untargettable. ( INTER-CONTINENTAL BALLISTIC MISSILE....hehe...we only got islands on ofp anyway)

3. PC office -

This is a modular office/guardhouse with movincargo'able' soldiers for assasination/hijack missions. Seats 7 and cargo personnel can be shot within

4.) Missiletest.intro. A sample preview mission for placement of ICBM.

5.) Floortest.intro. A demo preview of soldiers running up and down hanger floors. If the chopper crashes or drops, just click the retry link again. Sometime computers do the placing on their own.

6. ) HostileTakeover.intro. A sample mission requiring the a/m addons and Editor upgrade + streetlamp addon.

Misson:-  Team1 and 2 - support force

Team3 - Flanking force

Your team - Reserve, to assist in the capture of nuke ICBM site, hold it and await arrival of disarmament team to disarm nuke. Check and ensure no enemy on site.

(BTW, incase u've missed the latest news, Iran has a nuke missile capable of firing into Israel.)

These addons are separate within one zipfile. Just delete what u dont want, after all this zip is only under 600kb.

Performance:-

These addons were tested using ofp1.90 with 700mghz processer,256dram, Nvidia graphic card. Each addon is only between 200 - 600kb. A BIS soldier is around 700kb and more. A tank is much more , so when u play with these addons, the more OFP things/soldiers u placed within 50map squares, the slower your comp will be and lag happens. With my kinda relic comp, i have to be satisfied with small team operations/firefight, unless i am ambitious to see company and division firefights, i would have to upgrade my comp.

Pics:-

ICBM:- www.geocities.com/philcommando/ICscr1.jpg

Hanger:-www.geocities.com/philcommando/Hascr1.jpg

Office:-www.geocities.com/philcommando/Office1.jpg

Download:-www.geocities.com/philcommando/

Please look at the readme for operation codes.

Sorry if u receive an error message from geocities to download, geocities is pretty slow. Just wait a while and u should be able to log in again.

Sounds good smile_o.gif

Shame the ICBM isn't targetable though sad_o.gif

The reason why i made the missile just shoot straight up is cos:-

1. No other addon has done that so far, so something new rather than another same old addon.

2. If one has imagination, there are other uses for this addon.

3. I tried config it as laserguidebomb so that it can target, but it crashes the comp i suspect due to the calculations to create the trajectory from an upright position.

Another issue i gathered is lagging. The most kb addon among the 3 is the hanger and it is only 667kb with all lod and textures ( none which is more than 25kb), compared to a BIS brdm which is 1,970kb for just one vehicle.

If u place a company level firefight, with the heavy amount of troops there, it will lag, but not because of the addon. But as more of the troops die, the lagging becomes lesser. Unfortunately it seems it is a comp problem as in all 3d games, u need a good comp unless u prefer to play Solitare. So, rather than blaming your computers, i accept the blame, so please dont download it.

Anyway, i created these addon for myself back in May and had a bit of fun with it and thought to share it. Perhaps i should have just keep it to myself and save myself the trouble to clean it up and post it over the net. ( not sure how these addons landed over at ofp cz). Cheers!smile_o.gif

Its a terrible beauty we posses:-www.geocities.com/philcommando/HTscr1.jpg

I like it! It's good to have another creative addon from philcommando.