Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

[ADO] Bear Rocks

Here is [ADO] Bear Rocks v0.6 beta

Bear Rocks is a small island featuring wild high grounds surrounded by low narrow coastal continuous area.

A deep fjord nearly cuts the island in two part ... at the end of the fjord, a naval base. Of course in the initial project these base must have been an underground subs base but I have not found a model fitting my need so atm, it's just a naval base.

All along the coast military bases, farms, villages and ruined villages are to be found. There is a small town, an harbour and some factories in the South. A main airbase is set in the West. Nearby, a town built as a CQB training area.

This terrain is loosly based upon my experiences as a gamer in various PvP missions as well as PvP games such as BF: Bad Company 2.

This terrain have been built with PvP ot TvT in mind, AI are not at ease on it.

This terrain is unfit for Quad and Strikers for they tend to make to tumble in various parts of the island.

This terrain is not fit for tanks battle, too much rocks everywhere ...

bearrocks1s.jpg bearrocks2s.jpg

- Bear Town - - Factories 1&2 -

bearrocks3s.jpg bearrocks4s.jpg

- Cub village - - East coast -

DOWNLOAD : [ADO] Bear Rocks (v 0.6 beta)

Needed :

MBG Killhouses 1.0 by Mondkalb : http://www.armedassault.info/download.php?cat=addons&id=1795

Interesting looking map, thanks Old Bear!

Had a run around, i like it, lots of different and unique areas, and those rocks up north on the cliff faces are just perfect for ambushes and sniping.

The only thing that didn't look right in my opinion was the hills... the seemed flat and square? and having just the pine trees on the side of the cliff face doesn't seem right imo?

Found a dam not in on the map!

Nice work bro!

Edited by Katipo66

@Katipo66 : when I started the Bear Rocks project, the main idea was to build an arena with "corridor" combat zones, such as those found in some First Person Frag games I was also playing, so the plateau in the middle of the island was not to be walkable ... but we are in Arma2, so if you want to, you can find ways to go there, but atm there is nothing there !

All good old bear, I get the gist of it, I think it will be a great PVP map!

bear_rocks_banner3.jpg

Here is an updated [ADO] BearRocks v 0.9 beta ...

v 0.7 & 0.8 beta test versions - not publicly released

Trying in vain to make the dirt runway at Camp 6 AI friendly ... so it is still totally AI unfriendly atm. You need to be a skilled pilot not to crash your plane on BearRocks here!

v 0.9 beta- changlog :

- Modified island picture in GUI,

- Added "Mischa" -a small town- in the North-West using open ArmA2 houses,

- Added "Radio Station"

- Modified size and amount for "rockwall" rocks, used for cliffs,

- Many small objects placement modifications.

[ADO] Bear Rocks (v 0.9 beta) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=islands&id=179