Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 87662 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[87659] Fixed: AI was unable to engage invisible laser targets used for SSM (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26317)

[87658] Fixed: Command doTarget on friendly unit did not work (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22724)

[87655] Fixed: Text parameter file parsing not reliable (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27403)

[87654] Improved: A behaviour of the leader player is now assumed to be the most restrictive behaviour of his subordinates (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11699)

[87652] Fixed: AI always turned out when player is effective commander in cargo (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/2733)

+ server and client crash fixes

+ crash on squad.xml http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27326

HOTFIX file (primary for servers):

A2OA-160-hotfix-04.7z

http://www.multiupload.com/JC12BB52CC

CRC32: C0D1A5EA

MD5: 23BBA52A1A61C8F94DA1105B0E7A1AB1

SHA-1: 3580D0034D30E69097C38FE87F55BF2FB3EFAF7D

if You need ARMA2RFT.EXE then You need rename the ARMA2RFT.EXE.#RFT

remember beta installer DO NOT OVERWRITE anything in your full game so client can use the beta setup

Edited by Dwarden

At this rate AI in ArmA3 will probably be really sweet

Although what I really want to see is a competent AI inside the buildings

Godd work...

AI at high skill levels becomes unreal ... not sweet.

first people complain AI suck now they complain it's too good :)

don't worry one day AI will have special subsection named 'human flaws simulation'

Really? Maybe it will finally do its share of killing.

Really? Maybe it will finally do its share of killing.
Soem player want A.I. not to be able to do the same amout off kills as players do...also keep in mind...if youre outnumbered, you die. A.I. is better in self preservation, so maybe the rush and get killed playstyle does not work that good anymore. A.I. is managable when you take A.I. as a serious thread that wil kill you when you act without caution....especially up close now...so just running around them in circles does not work anymore...and was never a valid tactic.

Soem player want A.I. not to be able to do the same amout off kills as players do...also keep in mind...if youre outnumbered, you die. A.I. is better in self preservation, so maybe the rush and get killed playstyle does not work that good anymore.

then lower the AI skill accordingly,

ofcourse if there is something wrong, good CIT ticket may help resolve it fast

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

A2OA-160-hotfix-04 make ?

done, first post

Godd work...

Welcome to WAR IS HELL !!!

then lower the AI skill accordingly,

ofcourse if there is something wrong, good CIT ticket may help resolve it fast

The point is, there is nothing wrong with A.I. As long as you treat them like a real threat all goes well. It's usually the lack of caution and the underestimation that lets A.I. look like killer bots.

The point is, there is nothign wrong with A.I. As long as you treat them like a real thread all goes well. Its usually the lack of caution and the underestimation that lets A.I. look like kiler bots.

well self-preservation, environment awareness and proper usage, human mistakes and human like behavior is never ending battle in AI coding :D

Actually I was never bothered by AI scoring kills.I even let my AI squadmates do the killing although they act like idiots sometimes.Weird because always it happens on my side even though the unit skill is set in my favour.

Soem player want A.I. not to be able to do the same amout off kills as players do...also keep in mind...if youre outnumbered, you die. A.I. is better in self preservation, so maybe the rush and get killed playstyle does not work that good anymore. A.I. is managable when you take A.I. as a serious thread that wil kill you when you act without caution....especially up close now...so just running around them in circles does not work anymore...and was never a valid tactic.

This was directed at me? Because I complain for the past few months that AI doesn't shoot as well as I do. It wasn't rare that I put down almost a whole enemy squad while friendly AIs just do 1-3 kills per person at best even with max skills and precision.

The problem here is that my kill amounts are medium in MP (meaning I'm far from a leet shooter guy) which means that AIs are worse shots than average humans.

One of the problems is that AIs just keep shooting while standing. And can't control their recoil.

Edited by metalcraze

first people complain AI suck now they complain it's too good :)

lol!

AI is too good and i have too many fps! wtf are you doing?!

There's 2012 soon and why are you still working?

The AI is getting pretty sick - especially if you compare to Arma 2 1.0.

Just took these guys for a test spin in the BAF Campaign mission Heat where a large group of your AI are needed to defend a FOB from enemies attacking from both altitude and all sides. Pretty impressive to see all of my guys adjusting cover by using edges of walls, firing from under fence holes (in proper prone) and almost successfully firing out from windows (were about 6 inches too short to the side).

What was noticeable was their quicker reaction to threats coming in from different directions.

Did anyone find the gunner of HMV GPK M2 to sit in a funny way when player-group leader enters the vehicle?

Edit:Happens to me with other HMV`s too.(mk19,tow)

No mods.

Edited by Neopas

Don´t wory Dwarden, make the AI as good as you can. I guess People will then have to stop making Missions were one awesome super special forces squad takes on a whole battalion of enemys in a open Firefight ^^

My RPT is flooded with "listed twice" Entrys while starting ArmA.

A little Part of it:

Item str_ep1_pica.sqmmarkers_item80 listed twice
Item str_ep1_pica.sqmmarkers_item70_1 listed twice
Item str_ep1_pica.sqmmarkers_item60_0 listed twice
Item str_ep1_pica.sqmmarkers_item50_1 listed twice
Item str_ep1_pica.sqmmarkers_item30_4 listed twice
Item str_ep1_pica.sqmmarkers_item20_3 listed twice
Item str_ep1_pica.sqmmarkers_item10_2 listed twice
Item str_ep1_overview.html0_20 listed twice
Item str_ep1_mission.sqmmission_intel0_15 listed twice
Item str_ep1_initjipcompatible.sqf9_6 listed twice
Item str_ep1_initjipcompatible.sqf8_6 listed twice
Item str_ep1_initjipcompatible.sqf7_6 listed twice
Item str_ep1_initjipcompatible.sqf6_6 listed twice
Item str_ep1_initjipcompatible.sqf5_6 listed twice
Item str_ep1_initjipcompatible.sqf4_8 listed twice
Item str_ep1_initjipcompatible.sqf3_8 listed twice
Item str_ep1_initjipcompatible.sqf2_9 listed twice
Item str_ep1_initjipcompatible.sqf22_0 listed twice
Item str_ep1_initjipcompatible.sqf21_0 listed twice
Item str_ep1_initjipcompatible.sqf20_2 listed twice
Item str_ep1_initjipcompatible.sqf19_2 listed twice
Item str_ep1_initjipcompatible.sqf1_9 listed twice

I´m running CO 1.60 with 87662.

[87654] Improved: A behaviour of the leader player is now assumed to be the most restrictive behaviour of his subordinates

:yay: Great job, no more scripting first person whisper in stealth :)

[87652] Fixed: AI always turned out when player is effective commander in cargo

This has been my #1 peeve since June 2009. Thank you. Now I have alot of homebrew mechanized squad missions to revisit.

Did anyone find the gunner of HMV GPK M2 to sit in a funny way when player-group leader enters the vehicle?

Edit:Happens to me with other HMV`s too.(mk19,tow)

No mods.

I have seen this also.

Order a unit to get into an empty vehicle and you get in as cargo or in the back.

Driver is now standing in the drivers seat.

External view shows no driver.

You should create a ticket.

ticket w/o screenshot/video/repro mission is quite weak, please improve

I have seen this also.

Order a unit to get into an empty vehicle and you get in as cargo or in the back.

Thank you for this patch BIS! After the 1.60 CO full patch I was getting CTDs when I'd go back and forth between the map and gameplay as well as slow FPS. This patch helped my stability a lot so far. Hopefully Humvee GPK M2 issue can be sorted out easily. I repro'd the steps that F2k Sel stated and had the same result, driver is standing up while in first person view and 3rd person view reveals no driver.

I have seen this also.

Thanks BIS for the fixes to the APC turn-out bug :yay:

The Takistani 2B14 mortar has a similar bug, if you have an AI gunner and you get in the back, the Gunner becomes invisible. When you get out of the mortar the Gunner is still invisible until you tell the AI to leave and re-enter the mortar