Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

Train Cab with horn and lights

I wanted to add a train driver with lights and a horn to the original BIS models that get used in the GAC Trains addon

So I made a simple 3D model and used my new best friend - AttachTo - to add this 3D model to the BIS locomotive in the editor. The result appears to work rather well! Should make scripting train missions more interesting for Chernarus, Fallujah, Podagorsk and Taviana (islands I know that have tracks).

The addon is a real simple 3D model that must be attached to the locomotive in the mission editor. "simple" as in it has a few proxies and memory points placed at the correct position for the AttachTo to work with the BIS locomotive 3D objects.

With the addon you can ride in the locomotive as a driver or passenger, blow the horn, and turn on the lights! This is obviously meant to be used WITH a train logic addon like Gachopin's. And it looks correct since someone is in the train when it is moving (vs. an empty locomotive). A downside is that since it is attached, the players in the attached "vehicle" can't be shot.

Here is my download location: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265#cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%211934

Look for pook_train_v1.1.zip which is now uploaded!

train2.jpg

train3.jpg

train6.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by hcpookie

I just re-uploaded the file, so as an FYI you probably want to redownload it :)

Surely the optimal solution would be to make an aproximate fire-geometry, then have the train logic script apply to this vehicle object rather than the train object and have train object attached to this one, rather than the other way round

New release - see the first post.

- I fixed the missing "Get In" positions.

- Added smoke!

trainsmoke.jpg