Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

UK Roads Pack

Hello everyone,

I made this addon for a friend who was working on a British island some time ago. Since then I got a lot of people asking me to release this road pack so that they could use it on their islands too etc...

So finally today I got the time to put this together and release it.

83pqi5pglx4qnmeukay6.jpg5fzi84w3eako2iiirbb.jpg

UK Roads Pack v1.0

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2bj06bnl46d4e6w ~19MB

http://www.mediafire.com/?quvn696kd8a568w ~27MB (unbinarized - editable models)

Important:

This addon is ONLY for island makers and will not be visible in mission editor!

What does this addon contain?

This addon contains 5 variations of British roads, including T and X junctions, with and without yellow boxes:

• City (wide), 4 lane road (2 lanes on each side)
  • City (wide), 4 lane road (of which 2 lanes are bus lanes)
  • City (wide), 4 lane road with bus lanes and but stops/pedestrian crossings
  • City (2 lane) with single yellow lines and T + X junctions
  • City (2 lane) with double yellow lines and T + X junctions
  • Country side with T + X junctions and pedestrian crossings
  • Various expansion segments allowing 2 lane segments to be connected to 4 lane segments

Usage:

In order to use this addon on your island, unpack the uk_roads.pbo file and place in in to your P:\ drive and add all the necessary segments in visitor.

Also place the uk_roads.pbo (the actual .pbo) in to your ArmA 2 addons folder, usually:

X:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Addons

(Where X stands for the drive letter that ArmA 2 is installed on, on your computer)

Permissions:

You have full permission to do anything you like with this addon as long as I am listed in the credits and any part of this addon is NOT used for commercial purposes, or any other game (except BIS games) as it uses BIS textures as the base.

Link to unbinarized models:

If you need the unbinarized models, they can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?quvn696kd8a568w ~27MB

Please report any bugs/improvements in this thread and I will update this version of the addon to version 1.5 with fixes/improvements as soon as possible.

Please mirror and thanks in advance :cheers:

Edited by -Martin-
Fixed some typos

Do the AI drive on the wrong (left) side of the road? :)

Many thanks!

Are these meant to suit with any version of Road Painter ???

You mean the correct side of the road, which is the left :p

You're welcome guys :smile:

Not at the moment, these are just models, to do that I guess you would need some kind of script, but I'm not too good in that field :o

Many thanks!

Are these meant to suit with any version of Road Painter ???

Hmm I don't know, I have never used road painter and never tried these models in it. But the models are the same as BIS and any other road models so I guess they should work (unless they need a config).

However I would appreciate it if you could try them in roadpainter out and let us know if they work, if you can.

Oh boy, I can't wait to simulate parking my car in a yellow box junction

Looks purdy mate

Back in the dim and distant past of 2010, when I was working on my (still WIP) Scottish terrain, I wrote on my little website blog...

the right side of the road, is of course, the left side... The right side is the wrong side, whereas the left side is definitely the right side...

Glad that's clear...

Now if only the AI would listen...

Thanks very much for these Martin! - I think from what I've been able to gather that if they're standard road objects a la BIS, then they should indeed work fine with Homers new tool... should just be a matter of adding them to the roadpart selection script... or something.... I really must look at that too...

Great stuff mate! these are bound to come in handy...

Maybe I'll add a road or two to my Yorkshire minimap sometime....

Cheers!

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Not at the moment, these are just models, to do that I guess you would need some kind of script, but I'm not too good in that field :o

I have no idea but maybe there are some memory points or paths in the models for the AI to follow? If that is the case maybe you can make it work?

I'm just hoping.

It would be fun to be forced to drive on the wrong side of the road to not collide with the AI :)

(I always jump into the passenger seat in the BAF land rover before moving over to the driver seat lol)

Nice work, hopefully we can now see some more British maps! However I have to say your roads are all wrong.. they are in far to good of a condition to be roads from the UK :p!

Nice work, hopefully we can now see some more British maps! However I have to say your roads are all wrong.. they are in far to good of a condition to be roads from the UK :p!

Ain't that the truth. The roads around where I live look like they were used as target practice for a B-52.

...I have to say your roads are all wrong.. they are in far to good of a condition to be roads from the UK :p!

No kidding!

... I had a go at an "authentic" British road surface once..... ;)

too_overdone.jpg

:D

B

Men its insane to drive on the left side:don2:

i think i never ever drive in England:)

thx for the nice roads

@bush with rough = 0.9;??? lol

Thanks very much for these Martin! - I think from what I've been able to gather that if they're standard road objects a la BIS, then they should indeed work fine with Homers new tool... should just be a matter of adding them to the roadpart selection script... or something.... I really must look at that too...

Great stuff mate! these are bound to come in handy...

Maybe I'll add a road or two to my Yorkshire minimap sometime....

Thanks B :smile: I’m pretty sure that this should work with the tool too. If BIS roads work then this logically has to work too, but if you do have to write a script please post it here so I can bundle it in with the next version of this addon, if there will ever be one.

Btw, that road texture you made is amazing! Looks exactly like Eastern European roads with all the pot holes and cracks, and with a couple of yellow lines on the sides it would be perfect for the UK Roads pack. If you still have it, send it to me and I will add one more variation of roads (with pot holes) to this pack when I get the time.

Ain't that the truth. The roads around where I live look like they were used as target practice for a B-52.

They’re not that bad here in West London. (But a UAZ would still be handy for those damn speed bumps aggressive.gif)

I have no idea but maybe there are some memory points or paths in the models for the AI to follow? If that is the case maybe you can make it work?

I'm just hoping.

Nope, the Poseidon engine just doesn’t support driving on the correct side of the road so no matter what I do to the model AI will never “listenâ€. I hope that in future games BIS will add a module to sort this problem out because I’ve been planning a British island for some time now.

Men its insane to drive on the left side:don2:

i think i never ever drive in England:)

Why, I think its normal, pardon.gif not that long ago Czechoslovakia drove on the left side too. I find driving in the UK completely normal, you get used to it after a few weeks and it’s not as hard as it seems. Besides driving on the left side makes Britain unique in Europe and interesting, I’m going to miss it when I leave the UK.

Although I have to admit that I nearly got run over in Dover when I first came to the UK because I forgot and looked in the wrong direction lol. scare3.gif

Driving left and driving right doesn't really matter just remember what you ar on roundabout's. Nearly went round a roundabout in Gibraltar in a Royal Navy land rover and cause a bit of hassle on it not so long ago.