Sign in to follow this  
ryfle

Get AI to shoot civilians...

Hey guys,

Before you say "UTFSF"... I did... But none of the solutions presented actually work. I'm trying to create a mission where OPFOR is advancing on a town, set on murdering the civilians there for aiding American forces. Your mission is to ambush them or defend the town and stop their ruthless assault! :D

However, nothing I try works... No combination of doTarget, doFire, commandFire, setSide, setCaptive, etc will work. Believe me, I've spent all night combing the forums and documentation, and trying every possible combination. The AI simply aim their guns and nothing happens. Someone suggested it won't work if behavior is set to "Careless", but I also tried changing that through code and waypoints -- no good. I also tried editing the mission file and changing the SIDE="CIV" bits to "WEST", but that's also no good...

Another proposed solution is lowering the rating of the units below -2000, but I can't do that. Then everyone would hate the civilians and try to kill them lol. And another was to add a BLUFOR officer with probability of presence at 0%, and group all civilians with him. However, that seems rather inelegant and I'm trying to properly script a town environment where the civilians are actually doing everyday things.

Anyone have any idea how to get this to work? I just want the AI to shoot em, lol. I also tried all the above ideas to try to get the AI to shoot friendlies and execute BLUFOR prisoners, but that didn't work either...

Group the civilians with a non-present resistance unit of a higher rank and define resistance as friendly to BLUFOR but hostile to OPFOR.

You also might want to have in the init-lines of the civilians

[this] joinSilent grpNull

Every of those "civilians" then is ungrouped but "civilians" and OPFOR are hostile to each other.