Sign in to follow this  
Penfolde

Bad version

hi all

I've been playing on the Silent Worriors free server for a few weeks now but the other day my usally server was marked with a red dot and when i tryed to join I got the error message "Bad Version".

I have reinstalled Arma2, OA, BAF and PMC and patch the games but i still have the same problem (BAD VERSION), I thought it might be SW clan changing things on the server bit they say that its all usally install on there server, Plus the problem only seems restricted to "SW free server 1" not the other Silent Worriors servers which I can join. There are plenty of players on the free server (usauly about 30 player). I'm cosidering that Six_updater has droped something on to my system but i have taken all its file out and redownloaded.

has anyone else had the same problem? and more importley solved it?

Penfolde

1. contact SW admin

2. see if your client version is the same as server version (patch number/beta etc)

3. check if you have aditional custom content loaded (addons etc)

4. six updater couldn't have dropped "something" out of the blue messing your installation

did all that before posting, They can not explain the problem and suggested i try this forum for answer.

Pen

Edited by Penfolde

Devildog from silent worriors figure the issue out.

I created an Icon through six-updater, In the command line it automatically drops in ""-Mod="", The free Arma2 server(s) will not accept this commad even if there are no Mods listed and will give the error message "Bad server" and will show a red dot in the server list.

To solve this issure remove the "-mod=" command.

Thanks to Devildog

Penfolde

Edited by Penfolde
bad formatting