Sign in to follow this  
ultimateflashpoint

Modern Koljuyev

Koljuyev is in the process of being completely redesigned. I will list a few features and add them as I go, but I will talk about release info first. You will have to download quite a lot of addons for this, but I will have more info about that later. I am still in the process of deciding what to get rid of and what to keep.

New modern towns are going to be placed on various areas of the island. They will include a couple of high rises in a large town, apartment blocks in smaller towns, and little villages with pubs and farm style houses. I plan on having 5 to 6 towns in total. 1 large, 2 medium, and 3 small. I will also add a farm-ranch combo somewhere on the island. It probably wont be very big due to the limited space, but it will have some pretty nice features.

As far as military bases go, I am probably going to get rid of some of them. At present, there are too many scattered about. As I said in another thread, this is going to be a vibrant modern island, not a sh*tty cold war era battleground. The ones that remain will get new barracks of different types, and will likely be placed off of any main road. I am also going to add quite a few checkpoints throughout the island, complete with guardhouses, barbed wire, hedgehogs, etc.

I am also redoing the textures on the island. I have been toying with the idea of using burns's textures, but I am not a big fan of some of them, as they seem extremely bright. I also decided to go with a different grass, which means I will be getting rid of the other grass I used. It is better optimized, looks much better, and bullets can pass through it freely. The battles will still be more difficult though, as the AI and the enemy have a blocked view when they are crawling in it. You will still have to be fairly close or have a good sniper rifle to get any good shots off when the enemy is hiding.

I am also going to make a mission template, with a decent amount of civs and police doing various things throughout the island. Police will be placed at checkpoints, civs will drive around and interact with other objects, and soldiers will mainly either patrol or stay on base. It will be easier to make missions, as you will be able to add or delete entities as needed.

There are too many pics to post, so you can check then out on my Flickr page here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/43513422@N06/

Edited by ultimateflashpoint

That will be a nicely different Kolgoyev indeed. I look forward to try it.

im sure i seen that house somewhere and its in our ww2pack too.

I think they are in the FML addons.