Sign in to follow this  
Drumheller

USMC Force Recon Desert Replacement AND Razor Team Replacement Packs(TF86 SEALS)

I have replaced the USMC Force Recon units in game with two(soon to be three) different replacement packs all using TF86 SEALS.

They are:

-Razor Team to AOR-2:

RazorTeam.jpg

-Force Recon Marines to AOR-1:

arma22011-07-2816-41-00-86.jpg

The models that have been replaced with AOR-1 TF86 Seals are:

Commander - TF 86 Team Leader

FAC - TF 86 Team Leader

AR - TF 86 Automatic Rifleman

Corpsman - TF 86 Corpsman

Grenadier - TF 86 Grenadier

Marksman - TF 86 Team Leader

Saboteur - TF 86 Team Leader

Demolitions - TF 86 Team Leader

Team Leader - TF 86 Grenadier

-Force Recon Marines to AOR-2:

JungleFR.jpg

The models that have been replaced with AOR-2 TF86 Seals are:

FAC - TF 86 RTO

Marksman - TF 86 Assistant Team Leader(Baseball Hat)

I've always hated the look of the Force Recon Marines in game. The mix and match Camo and the bandannas really always turned me off.

Also, in my unit(15thMEU Realism Unit), our Force Recon section has been running around on Takistan for over a year in Green cammies. Pretty unrealistic if you ask me! This will make them look like the badasses they should be in game.

A huge thanks to {Op4}SSG Strikor for teaching me how to make replacement packs. It was much easier than I thought. I just needed a good, patient teacher.

And also to ardvarkdb and TF86 for the TF86 SEALS!

Download(works with both ACE and non-ACE versions of ArmA, ACE not required):

Razor Team Replacement

Download(ACE and non-ACE versions inculded in the same download):

USMC Force Recon Desert Replacement Pack

USMC Force Recon Jungle Replacement Pack

Edited by MacScottie

n-no camo mix ? ... okay, anyways great stuff you've done
Camo mix is usually rather unprofessional, camos does only work properly if all parts match.

The presentation BI gave us is more pirate style.

n-no camo mix ? ... okay, anyways great stuff you've done

It's just a personal preference. If you prefer the mix, then the best thing to do is not use the mod :p And thanks!

Why not use marsoc guys ?Anyways thanks for this !!

I don't think the MARSOC guys have a light version. I.E. Boonie hats or soft caps, etc. I considered using Binkowski's Marines but he only has ONE unit in a boonie hat so every single team member would look identical. Also, thanks :)

Hey nice that you released these but is it possible to release it without ace content?

It said that it needs ACEX_USnavy however i rather not play single player with Ace so if it is possible and if you don't mind can you look in to it? ;)

kind regards

Both of them are requiring ace or just one or the other? I'd check but right now I'm posting from my phone. Sorry about this I could have sworn I tested, at least, the desert pack without ace and it worked fine.

You left a dependency for acex_usnavy in the requiredAddons section of the config.cpp. Remove that and re-pbo and all is good!

EDIT - it is in both by the way!

You left a dependency for acex_usnavy in the requiredAddons section of the config.cpp. Remove that and re-pbo and all is good!

EDIT - it is in both by the way!

I could have SWORN I took that out. I'll fix it when I get my computer back up and running.

I could have SWORN I took that out. I'll fix it when I get my computer back up and running.

Did you remember to turn the gas off before you left home ;-)

I hate it when stuff you delete magically re-appears when you release it. The same thing happened to me half an hour ago with a mission I put on my server!! It's those bloody code pixies I am sure!

Both of them are requiring ace or just one or the other? I'd check but right now I'm posting from my phone. Sorry about this I could have sworn I tested, at least, the desert pack without ace and it worked fine.

its nothing to worie about you do fine ;-) you did actualy a good job on them maybe concider also releasing a woorland pack for the regular force recon to align with the razor team?

and one thing don't know if others encountered but if you play the campaign again with this guys the sniper of razor team (dmr) holds an m4 not the dmr sniper rifle.

kind regards

Ok I have updated the mods with a non-ACE version:

DOWNLOAD LINKS IN ORIGINAL POST

If I can get a couple of people to test these and let me know if there are any errors I'll add them to my ArmAholic page.

As for the Razor Team Marksman not having his DMR, I don't know how that happened. Is that only when running with my mod? I didn't do anything different between the machinegunner and the marksman and the MG still has his m240...

Thanks!

edit: A friend pointed out why the Marksman didn't have the DMR. I fixed it and the non-ace Razor Team pack now properly has the razor team .pbo instead of the desert FR .pbo

Edited by MacScottie

Ok I have updated the mods with a non-ACE version:

Razor Team Replacement

Force Recon Desert Replacement Pack

If I can get a couple of people to test these and let me know if there are any errors I'll add them to my ArmAholic page.

As for the Razor Team Marksman not having his DMR, I don't know how that happened. Is that only when running with my mod? I didn't do anything different between the machinegunner and the marksman and the MG still has his m240...

Thanks!

edit: A friend pointed out why the Marksman didn't have the DMR. I fixed it and the non-ace Razor Team pack now properly has the razor team .pbo instead of the desert FR .pbo

thanks ill test it out tonight ;-)

Update: I have finished the USMC Force Recon Jungle Replacement Pack! Both ACE and non-ACE versions are included:

JungleFR.jpg

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14954

The classes that have been replaced with AOR-2 TF86 Seals are:

FAC - TF 86 RTO

Marksman - TF 86 Assistant Team Leader(Baseball Hat)

It would be great if you could add Assault GL and Assault R units

and one thing don't know if others encountered but if you play the campaign again with this guys the sniper of razor team (dmr) holds an m4 not the dmr sniper rifle.

kind regards

At the start of the campaign (During the night missions) Syke's uses an M4. But when you join the rest of the MEU to assault the town, he'll take up his DMR again. I think the MG Gunner carries an M4 in the start to, then switches over. Been so long lol

Could you make a replacement config, that replaces USMC:

a.) standard Force Recon (Woodland) -> AOR - 2

b.) and creates Force Recon (Desert) -> AOR - 1

So, I can have both, at the same time :pray:

Because, having the Razor Team as AOR-2

and FR as AOR-1, does't really cut it :p

Thank's for this:yay:. Any chance someone could do a config with these that replaces normal SF guys in game;)

Which 'SF' guys? Are you talking about the Delta Force operators that are added in Operation Arrowhead? They're under the 'Men(Special Forces)' if I recall correctly under the 'US' faction in BLUFOR

Which 'SF' guys? Are you talking about the Delta Force operators that are added in Operation Arrowhead? They're under the 'Men(Special Forces)' if I recall correctly under the 'US' faction in BLUFOR

Yes their the ones :bounce3:

Hrm... replacing Delta Force with Navy SEALs... XD Interesting concept hehe guess it can be neat for some. The Delta Force Operators are a bit... 'Meh' lol