Sign in to follow this  
Whyte_Out

New Addon soldiers for Arma:OA

So I have created this and a few others, but I run into problems trying to get them in game. This is my first mod/addon and I love modelling but have no clue what I need to do to get these guys tested in game..everyone says to mess with the .cfg file and convert things from arma1 to OA, but once again I have no clue what any of that is. I am basically looking for help from anyone. I have been working hard on this one and a few others but have more to do..I might not have even done this model right, which is why I want to test in game and such but have no clue where to begin. I am willing to throw the files at anyone willing to try it out for me in game. All I ask is you dont release them to others...so far I have the Fireteam leader, medic, and marksman but still working on the other two. I need a ton of help, and would be grateful for anyone willing to go out of there way to share there skills with me. Of course if I ever get to the point to releasing these bad boys, than I will credit you for the work and help that you gave upon the release. I need to get these guys going, all they do is sit on my computer and take up space. Please help out...

Untitledd.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

sd.jpg

asd.jpg

This is the FTL, also I am using Binkowski's soldier template.

Edited by Whyte_Out

well you're going to have to weigh all of the new stuff that you've made on the model. which, if it's just gear isn't that hard. just naming them to the correct Spine sections. use the base model.cfg file from my soldier template and the config.cpp file. just modify them to your liking. if i was at home on my desktop i would assist you even more but i can't do much from my laptop currently..

ok...this is where is gets confusing. So I read tons of things on here about weighing that seems easy enough, now about all the .CFG files an .cpp thats where I am lost for words when I open that file its just a bunch of words and I dont even know where to begin. I appreciate all your help by the way Binkowski. You seem to be the only one that ever responds.. thanks again.

I wrote a very brief explanation as to some of the major entries in a config in Bink's sample US soldier thread. It's probably a good idea to download the sample model Bink put together and have a look through the config, you can probably just change values in there to get it working.

This first bit will create a faction class for you such as USMC or UK Armed Forces

class CfgFactionClasses

{

class MY_FACTION_NAME_HERE

{

displayName = "My Faction Display name";

priority = 8;

side = 1; ----- I assume this changes west/east/independant for the faction, never changed it tbh

};

};

This next bit will create a VehicleClass for you such as Infantry, Air, Tracked and so on

class CfgVehicleClasses

{

class MY_VEHICLECLASS_NAME_HERE

{

displayName = "My VehicleClass display name here";

};

};

The following section is the actual infantry unit itself like a Rifleman or Sniper, I've used a section from Bink's sample config for this:

class CfgVehicles {

class All {};

class AllVehicles : All {};

class Land : AllVehicles {};

class Man : Land {}; ------ This blue bit is for inheritence, so if you unit borrows characteristics from one already in game you will need this (or something similar)

class Soldier : Man {};

class Civilian : Man {};

class USMC_Soldier_Base : Soldier {};

class USMC_Soldier : USMC_Soldier_Base {};

class USMC_Soldier_Light : USMC_Soldier {};

class MY_SOLDIER_CLASSNAME : USMC_Soldier_Light ---- This blue bit is what class YOUR unit inherits from, in this case, a USMC Soldier from ARMA 2

vehicleClass = "MY_VEHICLECLASS_NAME_HERE"; ---- This is the VehicleClass we defined above

displayName = "My Soldier Display Name";

weapons[] = {"M16A2", "ItemRadio"}; ----- This is where you can edit the weapons used by your unit

magazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"}; ---- This is where you add any ammo/grenade etc

respawnweapons[] = {normally SAME AS weapons, used for MP respawning afaik};

respawnmagazines[] = {normally SAME AS magazines, used for MP respawning afaik};

model = "\soldier_p3d\soldier"; ---- This is the path to the model your unit will use, if you are using a BIS model, you will need to find out the path name to it. Or if you inherit from the unit which model you want to use I think you could remove the model path from the config completely.

class Wounds {

tex[] = {};

mat[] = {"ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl.rv mat", "ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_wou nds.rvmat", "ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_wou nds2.rvmat", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body.rvmat", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body_wound1.rvmat ", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body_wound2.rvmat "};

};

};

---- For the wounds, you'd need to list the main RVMAT that your model uses and the RVMATS that will replace it when the unit is wounded.

For the model.cfg, there is very little you need to do, it's best to use the sample model.cfg found in the BIS ARMA2 sample model download. All you'll need to do is find a section that looks like this in the model.cfg:

class ArmaMan : Default

{

sections[] =

{

"osobnost","Head_Injury","Body_Injury","l_leg_injury","l_arm_injury","r_arm_injury","r_leg_injury",

"clan","clan_sign","Camo","CamoB"

};

skeletonName = "OFP2_ManSkeleton";

};

And underneath it add this:

class ArmaMan : Default

{

sections[] =

{

"osobnost","Head_Injury","Body_Injury","l_leg_injury","l_arm_injury","r_arm_injury","r_leg_injury",

"clan","clan_sign","Camo","CamoB"

};

};

class MY_MODEL_NAME: ArmaMan {};

In fact you can probably add that last bit anywhere at the bottom but it's tidy to keep it under the skeleton it will use. Make sure that the model.cfg is in the same folder as the model itself. Anyways, hope that helps a bit.

Edited by STALKERGB

Holy crap man, lol. Thanks a ton Stalker! As far as the part that says "My_Faction_Name" does that have to be the exact name of my file that my soldier is saved as? Than to get it working in game all I have to do is drop the config file and the model in the same folder and .PBO it, correct? I appreciate your help as well. 30min later: So I did everything like stated above but when I test in game nothing appears just the label of the model before I start in game "Test Soldier" but once clicked on, nothing appears. The camera seems to be revolving around what should be a soldier standing there. Also, I get a log once I pbo it. Its labeled "fireteamleader.log". And that is in the .PBO folder.

Edited by Whyte_Out

Here is a better config:

class CfgPatches
{
class MyTag_MyAddonName
{
	units[] = {"MyTag_ClassName"};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CACharacters"};
	version = "2011-07-11";
	fileName = "MyTag_MyAddonName.pbo";
	author = "YourNick";
	mail = "mail@domain.net";
};
};
class CfgVehicles
{
class USMC_Soldier;
class MyTag_ClassName: USMC_Soldier
{
	model = "\MyTag\MyTag_MyAddonName\SoldierModel.p3d";
	class Wounds
	{
		tex[] = {};
		mat[] =
		{
			"ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl.rvmat",
			"ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_wounds.rvmat",
			"ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_wounds2.rvmat",
			"MyTag\MyTag_MyAddonName\data\us_soldier_body.rvmat",
			"MyTag\MyTag_MyAddonName\data\us_soldier_body_wound1.rvmat",
			"MyTag\MyTag_MyAddonName\data\us_soldier_body_wound2.rvmat"
		};
	};
};
};

About MyTag read here:

http://www.ofpec.com/tags

Addon structure:

MyTag is the main folder on P:\ for all your projects, like p:\MyTag\*

MyTag_MyAddonName is the project folder of this very addon, like p:\MyTag\MyTag_MyAddonName\*

If you want to make a OA only addon, you need these instead:

CACharacters => CACharacters_E

USMC_Soldier => US_Soldier_EP1

My advice:

Forget about more advanced topics like a custom faction class, a custom

vehicle class and custom unit equipment etc. The default BI ones will do just fine.

...sigh I cannot do this, I am in way over my head..I do everything you show me, but still nothing...

a) post your config.cpp and model.cfg for people to check for errors

b) post your rpt to let people check it for errors

c) if you dont mind, post your complete pbo for people to try and analyze

-Config.cpp:

#define true 1

#define false 0

class CfgPatches {

class Wytes_Team_Leader.p3d {

units[] = {"Wytes_test_soldier"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.0;

requiredAddons[] = {};

};

};

class CfgVehicleClasses {

class Wytes_Test_Soldier {

displayName = "Wytes Test Soldier";

};

};

class CfgVehicles {

class All {};

class AllVehicles : All {};

class Land : AllVehicles {};

class Man : Land {};

class Soldier : Man {};

class Civilian : Man {};

class USMC_Soldier_Base : Soldier {};

class USMC_Soldier : USMC_Soldier_Base {};

class USMC_Soldier_Light : USMC_Soldier {};

class Wytes_TL: USMC_Soldier_Light {

vehicleClass = "Wytes_Test_Soldier";

model = "\soldier_p3d\soldier";

class Wounds {

tex[] = {};

mat[] = {"ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl.rvmat", "ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_wounds.rvmat", "ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_wounds2.rvmat", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body.rvmat", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body_wound1.rvmat", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body_wound2.rvmat"};

};

};

};

-Model.cfg:

class CfgSkeletons {

class Default {

isDiscrete = 1;

skeletonInherit = "";

skeletonBones[] = {};

};

class Vehicle : Default {};

class Car : Vehicle {

skeletonBones[] = {"drivewheel", "", "wheel_1_1_damper_land", "", "wheel_1_2_damper_land", "", "wheel_1_3_damper_land", "", "wheel_1_4_damper_land", "", "wheel_2_1_damper_land", "", "wheel_2_2_damper_land", "", "wheel_2_3_damper_land", "", "wheel_2_4_damper_land", "", "wheel_1_1_damper", "wheel_1_1_damper_land", "wheel_1_2_damper", "wheel_1_2_damper_land", "wheel_1_3_damper", "wheel_1_3_damper_land", "wheel_1_4_damper", "wheel_1_4_damper_land", "wheel_2_1_damper", "wheel_2_1_damper_land", "wheel_2_2_damper", "wheel_2_2_damper_land", "wheel_2_3_damper", "wheel_2_3_damper_land", "wheel_2_4_damper", "wheel_2_4_damper_land", "wheel_1_1_steering", "wheel_1_1_damper", "wheel_1_2_steering", "wheel_1_2_damper", "wheel_1_3_steering", "wheel_1_3_damper", "wheel_1_4_steering", "wheel_1_4_damper", "wheel_2_1_steering", "wheel_2_1_damper", "wheel_2_2_steering", "wheel_2_2_damper", "wheel_2_3_steering", "wheel_2_3_damper", "wheel_2_4_steering", "wheel_2_4_damper", "wheel_1_1", "wheel_1_1_steering", "wheel_1_2", "wheel_1_2_steering", "wheel_1_3", "wheel_1_3_steering", "wheel_1_4", "wheel_1_4_steering", "wheel_2_1", "wheel_2_1_steering", "wheel_2_2", "wheel_2_2_steering", "wheel_2_3", "wheel_2_3_steering", "wheel_2_4", "wheel_2_4_steering", "wheel_1_1_unhide", "wheel_1_1", "wheel_1_2_unhide", "wheel_1_2", "wheel_1_3_unhide", "wheel_1_3", "wheel_1_4_unhide", "wheel_1_4", "wheel_2_1_unhide", "wheel_2_1", "wheel_2_2_unhide", "wheel_2_2", "wheel_2_3_unhide", "wheel_2_3", "wheel_2_4_unhide", "wheel_2_4", "wheel_1_1_hide", "wheel_1_1", "wheel_1_2_hide", "wheel_1_2", "wheel_1_3_hide", "wheel_1_3", "wheel_1_4_hide", "wheel_1_4", "wheel_2_1_hide", "wheel_2_1", "wheel_2_2_hide", "wheel_2_2", "wheel_2_3_hide", "wheel_2_3", "wheel_2_4_hide", "wheel_2_4", "OtocVez", "", "OtocHlaven", "OtocVez", "damageHide", "", "damageVez", "OtocVez", "damageHlaven", "OtocHlaven", "ukaz_rychlo", "", "ukaz_rychlo2", "", "ukaz_rpm", "", "mph", "", "rpm", "", "fuel", "", "fuel_1", "", "fuel_01", "", "fuel_2", "", "fuel_3", "", "prop_01", "", "prop_02", "", "prop_2", "", "prop_1", "", "glass1", "damageHide", "glass2", "damageHide", "glass3", "damageHide", "glass4", "damageHide"};

};

class Flag : Default {};

class FlagCarrier : Default {

skeletonInherit = "Default";

skeletonBones[] = {"stozar", "", "vlajka", ""};

};

class Head {

isDiscrete = 0;

skeletonInherit = "";

skeletonBones[] = {"neck", "", "neck1", "neck", "head", "neck1", "jaw", "head", "chin", "head", "jaw_rf", "head", "jaw_rm", "head", "jaw_rs", "head", "jaw_lf", "head", "jaw_lm", "head", "jaw_ls", "head", "ear_r", "head", "ear_l", "head", "lip_lc", "head", "lip_lwlb", "head", "lip_lwlf", "head", "lip_lwm", "head", "lip_lwrf", "head", "lip_lwrb", "head", "lip_rc", "head", "lip_uprb", "head", "lip_uprf", "head", "lip_upm", "head", "lip_uplf", "head", "lip_uplb", "head", "nose_tip", "head", "nose_r", "head", "nose_l", "head", "zig_lt", "head", "zig_lm", "head", "zig_lb", "head", "zig_rt", "head", "zig_rm", "head", "zig_rb", "head", "cheek_r", "head", "cheek_l", "head", "eyebrow_lb", "head", "eyebrow_lm", "head", "eyebrow_lf", "head", "corr", "head", "eyebrow_rf", "head", "eyebrow_rm", "head", "eyebrow_rb", "head", "eye_upr", "head", "eye_lwr", "head", "eye_upl", "head", "eye_lwl", "head", "cheek_rf", "head", "cheek_rm", "head", "cheek_rb", "head", "cheek_lf", "head", "cheek_lm", "head", "cheek_lb", "head", "forehead_l", "head", "forehead_m", "head", "forehead_r", "head", "l_eye", "head", "r_eye", "head", "l_pupila", "head", "r_pupila", "head", "neck_t", "head", "neck_b", "head", "neck_r", "head", "neck_l", "head", "tongue_b", "head", "tongue_m", "head", "tongue_f", "head"};

};

class OFP2_ManSkeleton {

isDiscrete = 0;

skeletonInherit = "";

skeletonBones[] = {"Pelvis", "", "Spine", "Pelvis", "Spine1", "Spine", "Spine2", "Spine1", "Spine3", "Spine2", "Camera", "Pelvis", "weapon", "Spine1", "launcher", "Spine1", "neck", "Spine3", "neck1", "neck", "head", "neck1", "HeadCutScene", "head", "jaw", "head", "chin", "head", "jaw_rf", "head", "jaw_rm", "head", "jaw_rs", "head", "jaw_lf", "head", "jaw_lm", "head", "jaw_ls", "head", "ear_r", "head", "ear_l", "head", "lip_lc", "head", "lip_lwlb", "head", "lip_lwlf", "head", "lip_lwm", "head", "lip_lwrf", "head", "lip_lwrb", "head", "lip_rc", "head", "lip_uprb", "head", "lip_uprf", "head", "lip_upm", "head", "lip_uplf", "head", "lip_uplb", "head", "nose_tip", "head", "nose_r", "head", "nose_l", "head", "zig_lt", "head", "zig_lm", "head", "zig_lb", "head", "zig_rt", "head", "zig_rm", "head", "zig_rb", "head", "cheek_r", "head", "cheek_l", "head", "eyebrow_lb", "head", "eyebrow_lm", "head", "eyebrow_lf", "head", "corr", "head", "eyebrow_rf", "head", "eyebrow_rm", "head", "eyebrow_rb", "head", "eye_upr", "head", "eye_lwr", "head", "eye_upl", "head", "eye_lwl", "head", "cheek_rf", "head", "cheek_rm", "head", "cheek_rb", "head", "cheek_lf", "head", "cheek_lm", "head", "cheek_lb", "head", "forehead_l", "head", "forehead_m", "head", "forehead_r", "head", "l_eye", "head", "r_eye", "head", "l_pupila", "head", "r_pupila", "head", "neck_t", "head", "neck_b", "head", "neck_r", "head", "neck_l", "head", "tongue_b", "head", "tongue_m", "head", "tongue_f", "head", "LeftShoulder", "Spine3", "LeftArm", "LeftShoulder", "LeftArmRoll", "LeftArm", "LeftForeArm", "LeftArmRoll", "LeftForeArmRoll", "LeftForeArm", "LeftHand", "LeftForeArmRoll", "LeftHandRing", "LeftHand", "LeftHandRing1", "LeftHandRing", "LeftHandRing2", "LeftHandRing1", "LeftHandRing3", "LeftHandRing2", "LeftHandPinky1", "LeftHandRing", "LeftHandPinky2", "LeftHandPinky1", "LeftHandPinky3", "LeftHandPinky2", "LeftHandMiddle1", "LeftHand", "LeftHandMiddle2", "LeftHandMiddle1", "LeftHandMiddle3", "LeftHandMiddle2", "LeftHandIndex1", "LeftHand", "LeftHandIndex2", "LeftHandIndex1", "LeftHandIndex3", "LeftHandIndex2", "LeftHandThumb1", "LeftHand", "LeftHandThumb2", "LeftHandThumb1", "LeftHandThumb3", "LeftHandThumb2", "RightShoulder", "Spine3", "RightArm", "RightShoulder", "RightArmRoll", "RightArm", "RightForeArm", "RightArmRoll", "RightForeArmRoll", "RightForeArm", "RightHand", "RightForeArmRoll", "RightHandRing", "RightHand", "RightHandRing1", "RightHandRing", "RightHandRing2", "RightHandRing1", "RightHandRing3", "RightHandRing2", "RightHandPinky1", "RightHandRing", "RightHandPinky2", "RightHandPinky1", "RightHandPinky3", "RightHandPinky2", "RightHandMiddle1", "RightHand", "RightHandMiddle2", "RightHandMiddle1", "RightHandMiddle3", "RightHandMiddle2", "RightHandIndex1", "RightHand", "RightHandIndex2", "RightHandIndex1", "RightHandIndex3", "RightHandIndex2", "RightHandThumb1", "RightHand", "RightHandThumb2", "RightHandThumb1", "RightHandThumb3", "RightHandThumb2", "LeftUpLeg", "Pelvis", "LeftUpLegRoll", "LeftUpLeg", "LeftLeg", "LeftUpLegRoll", "LeftLegRoll", "LeftLeg", "LeftFoot", "LeftLegRoll", "LeftToeBase", "LeftFoot", "RightUpLeg", "Pelvis", "RightUpLegRoll", "RightUpLeg", "RightLeg", "RightUpLegRoll", "RightLegRoll", "RightLeg", "RightFoot", "RightLegRoll", "RightToeBase", "RightFoot"};

pivotsModel = "";

};

class WomanSkeleton {

isDiscrete = 0;

skeletonInherit = "";

skeletonBones[] = {"Pelvis", "", "Spine", "Pelvis", "Spine1", "Spine", "Spine2", "Spine1", "Spine3", "Spine2", "Camera", "Pelvis", "neck", "Spine3", "neck1", "neck", "head", "neck1", "jaw", "head", "chin", "head", "jaw_rm", "head", "jaw_lm", "head", "lip_lc", "head", "lip_lwlb", "head", "lip_lwlf", "head", "lip_lwm", "head", "lip_lwrf", "head", "lip_lwrb", "head", "lip_rc", "head", "lip_uprf", "head", "lip_upm", "head", "lip_uplf", "head", "nose_r", "head", "nose_l", "head", "zig_lt", "head", "zig_rt", "head", "cheek_r", "head", "cheek_l", "head", "eyebrow_lm", "head", "corr", "head", "eyebrow_rm", "head", "eye_upr", "head", "eye_lwr", "head", "eye_upl", "head", "eye_lwl", "head", "cheek_rf", "head", "cheek_lf", "head", "forehead_m", "head", "l_eye", "head", "r_eye", "head", "LeftShoulder", "Spine3", "LeftArm", "LeftShoulder", "LeftArmRoll", "LeftArm", "LeftForeArm", "LeftArmRoll", "LeftForeArmRoll", "LeftForeArm", "LeftHand", "LeftForeArmRoll", "LeftInHandRing", "LeftHand", "LeftHandRing1", "LeftInHandRing", "LeftHandRing2", "LeftHandRing1", "LeftHandRing3", "LeftHandRing2", "LeftHandPinky1", "LeftInHandRing", "LeftHandPinky2", "LeftHandPinky1", "LeftHandPinky3", "LeftHandPinky2", "LeftHandMiddle1", "LeftHand", "LeftHandMiddle2", "LeftHandMiddle1", "LeftHandMiddle3", "LeftHandMiddle2", "LeftHandIndex1", "LeftHand", "LeftHandIndex2", "LeftHandIndex1", "LeftHandIndex3", "LeftHandIndex2", "LeftHandThumb1", "LeftHand", "LeftHandThumb2", "LeftHandThumb1", "LeftHandThumb3", "LeftHandThumb2", "RightShoulder", "Spine3", "RightArm", "RightShoulder", "RightArmRoll", "RightArm", "RightForeArm", "RightArmRoll", "RightForeArmRoll", "RightForeArm", "RightHand", "RightForeArmRoll", "RightInHandRing", "RightHand", "RightHandRing1", "RightInHandRing", "RightHandRing2", "RightHandRing1", "RightHandRing3", "RightHandRing2", "RightHandPinky1", "RightInHandRing", "RightHandPinky2", "RightHandPinky1", "RightHandPinky3", "RightHandPinky2", "RightHandMiddle1", "RightHand", "RightHandMiddle2", "RightHandMiddle1", "RightHandMiddle3", "RightHandMiddle2", "RightHandIndex1", "RightHand", "RightHandIndex2", "RightHandIndex1", "RightHandIndex3", "RightHandIndex2", "RightHandThumb1", "RightHand", "RightHandThumb2", "RightHandThumb1", "RightHandThumb3", "RightHandThumb2", "LeftUpLeg", "Pelvis", "LeftUpLegRoll", "LeftUpLeg", "LeftLeg", "LeftUpLegRoll", "LeftLegRoll", "LeftLeg", "LeftFoot", "LeftLegRoll", "LeftToeBase", "LeftFoot", "RightUpLeg", "Pelvis", "RightUpLegRoll", "RightUpLeg", "RightLeg", "RightUpLegRoll", "RightLegRoll", "RightLeg", "RightFoot", "RightLegRoll", "RightToeBase", "RightFoot"};

pivotsModel = "";

};

};

class CfgModels {

class Default {

sectionsInherit = "";

sections[] = {};

skeletonName = "";

};

class Head : Default {

sections[] = {"osobnost", "brejle"};

skeletonName = "Head";

};

class ArmaMan : Default {

sections[] = {"osobnost", "Head_Injury", "Body_Injury", "l_leg_injury", "l_arm_injury", "r_arm_injury", "r_leg_injury", "clan", "clan_sign", "Camo", "CamoB"};

};

class ArmaWoman : Default {

sections[] = {"osobnost", "Head_Injury", "Body_Injury", "l_leg_injury", "l_arm_injury", "r_arm_injury", "r_leg_injury", "clan", "clan_sign", "Camo", "CamoB"};

skeletonName = "WomanSkeleton";

};

class Vehicle : Default {

sections[] = {"cislo", "grupa", "side", "sektor", "clan", "clan_sign", "podsvit pristroju", "poskozeni", "L svetlo", "P svetlo", "zasleh"};

};

class Flag : Default {

sections[] = {"latka"};

};

class flag_auto : Flag {};

class flag_alone : Flag {};

class Wytes_TL : ArmaMan {};

};

I actually dont know how to add a .Pbo file on here. someone can inform me how than I will. Now the name of my .Pbo is "wytes_tl.pbo". In case that was important.

Edited by Whyte_Out

Upload it here and put the link: http://www.file-upload.net/

a) Your config cpp looks OK but use a proper one like I posted.

b) The model path and p3d name looks wrong in the config.

c) The model.cfg does not look proper either. At least it contains unrelated stuff.

hi whyte out, sorry for a slow reply, been away for a few days, will DL in a bit and get back to you as soon as i can

Right finally managed to get some time to look at it.

I've edited the stuff that needs changing so hopefully it will work in game:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wxwg5x8bl6gpe5u

EDIT: I'll explain what I did too.

For the config:

class CfgPatches {

class Wytes_Test_Soldier{

units[] = {"Wytes_TL"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.0;

requiredAddons[] = {};

};

};

The bit I've changed is the "Wytes_Test_Soldier", you can essentially call this whatever you like, it's in effect the name of the addon.

class CfgVehicleClasses {

class Wytes_Test_Soldier {

displayName = "Wytes Test Soldiers";

};

};

This bit is basically what is displayed under the drop down box for Men, Air, Ships, Armoured etc. Becuase we haven't defined a faction above and you are inheriting from the USMC units then this will be in the same box as the VehicleClasses for the USMC faction. (If that makes sense). Again, you can call this pretty much what you like.

model = "\soldier_p3d\Wytes_Team_Leader";

I've just realised this needs to say "wytes_tl" rather than soldier_p3d. This is the filepath within your addon to the P3d model. You also didn't need the extra wytes_tl folder but that might have just been the way my extractor opened the PBO.

class Wytes_Team_Leader: ArmaMan {};

As for the model.cfg, I've made it look a little tidier and changed the classname for you. Your's needs to be Wytes_Team_Leader as that is what the model's p3d file is called. If you rename the model you will need to change this too. And if you create an other models, you will need to add them to the model.cfg like about.

Hopefully that is everything, the folder structure that I uploaded the files in is also OK.

Edited by STALKERGB

StalkerGB thanks for all your help man I really appreciate, honestly. But whatever you did, you did something right. But when I view it in game, there is no soldier there its like he is invisible. But at least now I do not get any errors or anything like I did before. It loads him up in the game and all, but no soldier is standing there. Just an invisible one..sigh. Do you know what the problem could be? is it the LOD's or what? Once again thanks a ton for taking your time to look and fix it all over. I appreciate it man.

just realized something that might be causing this, is it because the soldiers not textered? If thats the case, shouldnt I be able to still view it in some way in game?

Hey mate, not sure if you saw the extra bit I added to my previous post, I forgot to correctly change the model path in your config, it needs to be as I've have written below:

model = "\wytes_tl\Wytes_Team_Leader";

I forgot to change the model path so it will try to load from a path that doesn't exist which would lead to there being no model visible. Although I'd have thought this brings up an error message.

If it's not that, just say and I'll have another think. If a model isn't textured it should still appear, it would just be white all over.

STALKERGB

What are the stages that must be undertaken in the development of new things on the form in soldier template?

I mean here I am whenever I put something new on the soldier template Get on this result:

For example, i put the bag as shown in the picture

2222uy.jpg

Ingame:

12325456.jpg

sory for my bad english

ok, thanks for the look. but once again I changed it to like you said but its a no go. Still nothing but invisible ghost or whatever. This is frustrating...is there anything else that can cause something invisible like this?

whoa, I just tried to covert jhonnys special forces over using the same configs and all. Well guess what I converted them fine no problems. Do you think its because of the LOD or something..obviously something is wrong with my Model. all I did was use Bis model template

Edited by Whyte_Out

@magixrima , you have to redefine the backback to the associated parts of the unit ... been a while since i have played about with Soldier p3d's but im pretty sure if you redefine the back pack with ' spine( 1,2,3 ) ' selections you should see it show on his back

p.s hotlink your images as they are over 100kb

ok, thanks for the look. but once again I changed it to like you said but its a no go. Still nothing but invisible ghost or whatever. This is frustrating...is there anything else that can cause something invisible like this?

whoa, I just tried to covert jhonnys special forces over using the same configs and all. Well guess what I converted them fine no problems. Do you think its because of the LOD or something..obviously something is wrong with my Model. all I did was use Bis model template

Do you get any errors while loading with your addon .pbo? are all the texture path's correct?

Edited by Rabidus
p.s & quote

@Rabidus, nope no errors since GBstalker fixed all my stuff for me. But now its just invisible. Like I stated above I can convert everything else successfully but not my model. I am new to modeling obviously..so I dunno where to start.

hmm, very strange, could you maybe post your .RPT file? this can normally highlight a couple errors (messages or not) causing problems. If you google ARMA RPT you should be able to find where abouts it will be located on your system but for XP it's something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\'your profile name'\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA2 (or ARMA 2 OA)

for vista (and probably 7) it's normally:

C:\Users\Your profile name\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA

Open that up and then stick it in a post here, make sure to paste it into SPOILER tags (the most right icon at the top when typing on here in "go advanced") so that it doesn't clutter the page :)

so...you want me to open the .RPT file? well here it is just a bunch of errors and such.

[315,59.594,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.7"]

[315,59.822,0,"MISSINIT","intro","utes",false,true,false]

[315,73.409,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[315,73.624,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 10"]

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscTitles/SplashMeridian4/Text_Meridian4/

[317,120.538,0.067,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[317,120.818,0.067,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace","acex","acex_ru","acex_usnavy"],[[[0,7,6,160],-1],[[1,11,0,496],-1],[[1,11,0,338],-1],[[1,11,0,53],-1],[[1,11,0,56],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[317,122.34,0.067,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

[315,71.895,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf:8","WARNING: Enhanced Armor difficulty options enabled - this is not recommended in conjunction with ACE Wounds!"]

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 2)

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 9a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 10a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 11a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 12a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 13a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 14a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 15a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 16a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 17a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 18a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 19a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 20a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 21a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 22a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 23a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 24a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 25a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 26a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 27a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 28a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 29a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 30a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 31a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 32a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 33a not found

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in mar_pilot\data\units\pilot\mar_fighter_pilot.p3d. Selection 34a not found

fz_f18f_aws: obsTurret - unknown animation source obsTurret

fz_f18f_aws: obsGun - unknown animation source obsGun

fz_f18f_aws02: obsTurret - unknown animation source obsTurret

fz_f18f_aws02: obsGun - unknown animation source obsGun

fz_f18f_aws03: obsTurret - unknown animation source obsTurret

fz_f18f_aws03: obsGun - unknown animation source obsGun

fz_f18f_aws04: obsTurret - unknown animation source obsTurret

fz_f18f_aws04: obsGun - unknown animation source obsGun

fz_f18f_aws05: obsTurret - unknown animation source obsTurret

fz_f18f_aws05: obsGun - unknown animation source obsGun

[2732,208.964,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.7"]

[2732,209.053,0,"MISSINIT","__cur_mp","Desert_E",true,false,false]

[2732,222.618,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[2732,222.66,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 5"]

[2732,221.084,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf:8","WARNING: Enhanced Armor difficulty options enabled - this is not recommended in conjunction with ACE Wounds!"]

[2733,223.285,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[2733,223.351,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace","acex","acex_ru","acex_usnavy"],[[[0,7,6,160],-1],[[1,11,0,496],-1],[[1,11,0,338],-1],[[1,11,0,53],-1],[[1,11,0,56],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[2733,225.003,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,true,false,false,true,false,true,true,false]"]

[2749,225.949,0.101,"CBA_VERSIONING_SERVER",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace","acex","acex_ru","acex_usnavy"],[[[0,7,6,160],-1],[[1,11,0,496],-1],[[1,11,0,338],-1],[[1,11,0,53],-1],[[1,11,0,56],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[2733,223.678,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_goggles\XEH_postClientInit.sqf:27","WARNING: Initializing... FAILURE! Please check your ACE userconfig. ACE Goggles feature has been disabled on your computer!"]

[2733,223.678,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_goggles\XEH_postClientInit.sqf:28","WARNING: Reason: "YOUR PLAYER NAME DOES NOT MATCH NAME GIVEN IN ACE USERCONFIG. 'C. Cunico' != 'SN C. Cunico [DEVGRU]'""]

0:04:08.729 (23.116) [x\ace\addons\settings\outdated.sqf:34] -ERROR- ERROR

OUTDATED: userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp. Please run ACE Clippi (@ACE\clippi\ace_clippi.exe) while the game is closed.

Client: Object (id 2:521, type Type_106) is local - update is ignored.

Creating debriefing

[37166,862.079,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.7"]

[37166,862.132,0,"MISSINIT","intro","Desert_E",false,true,false]

[37166,871.548,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[37166,871.66,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 14"]

[37168,872.189,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[37168,872.38,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace","acex","acex_ru","acex_usnavy"],[[[0,7,6,160],-1],[[1,11,0,496],-1],[[1,11,0,338],-1],[[1,11,0,53],-1],[[1,11,0,56],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[37168,873.368,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

[37166,870.424,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf:8","WARNING: Enhanced Armor difficulty options enabled - this is not recommended in conjunction with ACE Wounds!"]

Edited by Whyte_Out

hmm, is that all of your ARMA2OA.RPT? (or ARMA2.RPT), looks a bit short. Either way nothing in what you posted would cause the issue AFAIK. I'm trying to test it my end but only seem to get it to the editor before it crashes for me :s would it be possible to send over your PBO file as it is now? Spent about 40 minutes trying to actually get it in game but haven't had any luck my end...

That is the Arma2:OA .RPT, my Arma2 .RPT is like once sentence long about a mission I made. But anyways here is the file below.

.PBO=

.P3d =

Model .Cfg =

config.cpp =