Sign in to follow this  
Althom

Stuck in Manhattan

I've achieved all goals in Manhattan except for the arrest. Went to the house and there was a man running towards me coming away from the house, he shot at me so I took him out now can't get into the house and can't find anyone to arrest. I believe the house is supposed to blow up but it hasn't

You are not stuck since that objective is not required for mission completion, but if you really want to complete all objective this is the best you have:

All objectives that can be completed (picture 1)

All objectives that can be completed (picture 2)

Arrest Nikolayev objective is supposed to be cancelled by HQ. The man you shot is the only hostile villager there and he is supposed to blow up Nikolayev's house and Nikolayev inside it. Normally that happens when you are still 50 meters away from the house and when you get there house is ruined, Nikolayev dead and hostile villager with a pistol is lurking somewhere behind houses.

I'm amazed how you got there without him automatically blowing up the house. I tried that many times from all directions. Leaves me with a bunch of questions:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12248

What patch were you using?

Were you using mods?

From what direction you approached Khelm village?

Did you stand, crouch or crawl there?

How early was this in mission?

Edited by Hanzu

Using Patch 1.09, no mods. Approached the village along the main road into it in a LAV25. The villager was running away from the house towards me, turned left and started shooting at me from behind a red car. I'm parked outside the house now waiting to see if the bloke I'm supposed to arrest comes out to go to the post office.

Was probably about 2 hours into the mission after I had taken the woman to be picked up by the helicopter.

I just experienced same and noticed Task: Arrest Nikolayev stops working when Cpt. Shaftoe is clitched to death by his chair. It causes other objectives to malfunction. Read more here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25560

Edited by Hanzu