Sign in to follow this  
VanhA-ICON

co14 Righteous Basterds [CO/IED detection]

Well, sort of decided not to publish anymore new missions but I was on sick leave and had nothing better to do than to construct something.

Download link

Armaholic link

This mission uses the IED detection script by Reezo.

I've only fiddled with it a bit and still don't fully understand all of it's aspects but I've included some tips in the briefing.

OVERVIEW:

---------

Mission Name: Righteous Basterds

Game mode: COOP (1-14)

Addon's required: - A2

Game version: Arma 2 + OA 1.60

Respawn: "GROUP"

Short one line mini description (for listings): Bomb disposal near Nango.

Features:*IED Detection by Reezo

DETAILS:

--------

Difficulty: Medium

Supports SP: MP only,

Cadet/Veteran mode variation: None

Playable side: US

Island/towns:Zargabad /Nango

Core game style:Infantry

Scale: Medium

Duration: about 35 mins

Weather/Time: semi cloudy / 12:00am

FILE DETAILS:

-------------

Missions created by: VanhA

Mission Version: 2.0

Release Date: 05 May 2012

Intro/Outro: no / yes

Briefings: Full briefing, notes & tickable objectives

Created for Arma2 CO version: 1.60

SCENARIO:

---------

Detailed scenario description/objectives:

- Task 1: Shoot the civilian suspects by the HQ.

- Task 2: Secure village

- Task 3: Disarm the bombs

- Task 4: Eliminate militant leader

- Task 5: Report back at HQ

Story/background:

Constant civilian and militant harassment near town of Nango got a nasty turn when one of our patrols was ambushed by the countryside.

We captured 3 civilian suspects near the site and we know the village works as a hideout for local militants.

It is also the intention of militants to disrupt the supply lines of Zargabad.

They have placed explosives by the fuel storages in Nango. Use caution when entering the area as the local civilians might pose a threat as well.

Although not absolutely sure about the culprits innocense, we've decided to set an example. To do the dirty job a team has been called in.

The team in question has somewhat nasty habits and we only use them for this kind of work.

REVISISON NOTES:

----------------

1.0 - 17.June.2011 *First draft

2.0 - 05.May.2012 *Removed intro / Changed briefing type /Removed duplicate variable from init.sqf /Added 2 more playable slots /Small tweaks /Removed GDT spectate

CREDITS & THANKS:

-----------------

- BIS/BIA for their great simulators.

- CiA squad for test assistance

- Celery for heal script

- IED detection by Reezo

- "Fortunate Son" by CCR (without permission but with respect)

right.jpg

Edited by VanhA-ICON
New version

Just played this one today... good job... and really hard to beat! :eek:

Was fun though.

Our Engineer just died before the last IED... But we managed to accomplish the other tasks. :D

i played this mission 3 times yesterday with 5 people,all on Teamspeak and different advances ... we never came pass the Ambush site

You could literally hear the depression rise up once the first got shot/wounded because there s some obvious trained insurgents at work haha

Well,guess we all agreed on that the first task isnt ... uhm ... lets say ... motivating - and as we didnt even reached the IED locations by any means we agreed that is a hard and challenging mission we enjoyed playing

I couldnt stand that so i took a solo effort this morning to complete the mission and i gotta say Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance hehe

Took some casulties around the IED location due to a undiscovered stationary MG and a proper explosion in my face due to a civ triggerman blowing his IED while i was searching for SatPh to disarm

Started with 12 men,brought 7 home again,5 KiA - not good,but decent

:D

2 thumbs up,once again a great mission!

Thanks guys.

:b:

I also did my last test alone. I took all units with me and we approached the second objective in spreaded line formation and the insurgents stood no chance ,until an armored car rushed in and my AT AI fumbled his shot.

The first task is no motivating but you as player are a part of a team of total a-holes. I think a touch of immoral choices does good sometimes.

Maybe puts things in perspective.

:rolleyes:

Edited by VanhA-ICON

Thanks guys.

:b:

I also did my last test alone. I took all units with me and we approached the second objective in spreaded line formation and the insurgents stood no chance ,until an armored car rushed in and my AT AI fumbled his shot.

The first task is no motivating but you as player are a part of a team of total a-holes. I think a touch of immoral choices does good sometimes.

Maybe puts things in prespective.

:rolleyes:

IS there a choice? If not you should maybe read up a little bit on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dramatic_structure

Maybe the mission can benefit from taking out the first "objective" ?

IS there a choice?

Ok, I used wrong impression... no choice really as orders are orders.

Building up a dramatic structure works better in SP missions..

:popcornsmilie:

I understood the first task as a anti-war message. Which is a good thing obviously. :thumbs-up:

after playing it a few times with different people/different opinions i need to sum it up to the fact that the intro is nice when u see it once

but when u need to restart the mission a few times (assuming there´s not a single person here that made it on he first try :D ) because everyone is literally FUBARed it can get annoying to see the whole drive again

Skip Intro Option nxt time?

Cheers

Point taken. It should be skipped for JIP automatically after it's first run but I guess I could add a parameter also.

New reworked 2.0 version for 14 players

2.0 - 05.May.2012 *Removed intro / Changed briefing type /Removed duplicate variable from init.sqf /Added 2 more playable slots /Small tweaks /Removed GDT spectate /Added Celery Heal

Download from topmost link.

Since I got fedup with the glitching intro system I decided to give up with it, lol.... I thought 2 extra slots would not be bad either.

Have fun.

Edited by VanhA-ICON