Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

[SP] Black Forest Patrol

A small mission I made to use some of the great recently released PRACS addons.

A section from the newly deployed Task Force Lion conducts a patrol in the Black Forest in Chernarus to root out Chedaki fighters.

ReadMe

SP mission - Black Forest Patrol

=================

Version: 1.0

Author(s): Snafu

Release date: 23/05/11

Contacts:

=================

Web:

Email:

Other: Contact on BIS Forums.

Mission Thread on BIS Forums:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119616

Required game:

=================

Combined Operations

Required addons:

=================

PRACS

- Troops

- Weapons

- A4

- Wheeled

Download mirrors:

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&id=104585

Installation:

=================

Move the mission *.pbo file(s) into the directory for the single player missions.

Typically - C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\Missions.

Then you will find this mission(s) in the SP missions list in the game menu.

In case of any problems try to contact author(s).

You may also try to find a solution on official forums - http://forums.bistudio.com/index.php

Description:

=================

A section from Task Force Lion conducts a patrol in the Black Forest of Chernarus.

Features:

=================

- PRACS!

- UPSMON

Notes:

=================

On the way to Point Alpha the AI driving may be problematic.

Credits:

=================

Wld427 and others for PRACS mod

Monsada and others for UPSMON

EMSI for his editing tools

Disclaimer:

=================

Any unauthorized modification of the released files is not allowed without any written permission by the author(s).

You are using those files at your own risk.

Author(s) of those files are not liable for any damage or loss of data caused by using of those files.

Usage of those files is also prohibited for any commercial purposes.

It's basic patrol mission but I added in some dialogue to make the truck journey a little less bland and thanks to UPSMON the position and composition of enemy forces in the forest changes each time you play so there is a little replay value.

Please report errors and feel free to make suggestions to improve the mission. I'll most likely add to it and expand it a bit.

It's not a huge or ground breaking mission but I hope you enjoy playing it.

Download Link

Multiupload

Armaholic mirror:

- Black Forest Patrol (@)

Requirements:

- Project RACS Troops

- Project RACS Wheeled

- Project RACS A-4

- Project RACS Weapons

Thanks to Big for the mirror.

Edited by Snafu

alright a racs mission! i'm actually working on a few myself. great to see it! :).

I was hoping someone would come out with some missions for this project.

Good going!

Nice mission - get's a bit hectic in those trees!! Enjoying it very much!

One thing I noticed is that the first task does not complete (i.e. go green) when you get out of the truck. I do get a 'task complete' message but it is not marked as complete.

Also, it takes quite a long time for the truck to get up that hill at the start. I know there is a lot of dialogue, but perhaps you could make it a bot shorter. The truck gets a bit lost half way up an goes cross country for a bit too.

Fun mission, thanks Snafu! It reminded me alot of playing the forest patrol mission in CWC. Are you working on any more missions to continue the story in Chernarus?

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm working on update right now that I hope to get out soon. So far I've added in music from ArmA 1 and reduced the amount of enemy AI that appear since in my latest test my entire squad got surrounded and wiped out. In the event of that still happening I'll set up an alternate ending.

Nice mission - get's a bit hectic in those trees!! Enjoying it very much!

One thing I noticed is that the first task does not complete (i.e. go green) when you get out of the truck. I do get a 'task complete' message but it is not marked as complete.

Also, it takes quite a long time for the truck to get up that hill at the start. I know there is a lot of dialogue, but perhaps you could make it a bot shorter. The truck gets a bit lost half way up an goes cross country for a bit too.

Bah, thought I took care of that. I'm not used to the new task system yet, the missions I've made were for my use and some friends so I never really bothered with it. I'll fix it in the next version. I'll make the truck trip shorter too.

Fun mission, thanks Snafu! It reminded me alot of playing the forest patrol mission in CWC. Are you working on any more missions to continue the story in Chernarus?

Yeah, definitely, a couple more at the least. One of them I aim to be a sizeable battle.

What about making smaller enemy patrol teams and one bigger reinforcement group + vehicle?

Btw did you add the surrender module (I got 2 POW's)?

What about making smaller enemy patrol teams and one bigger reinforcement group + vehicle?

Btw did you add the surrender module (I got 2 POW's)?

I'll try that but I am worried that each contact would be too easy for the squad to handle and be over too quickly. The surrender thing is part of UPSMON but I can disable it if you want.

^^^

Me too. One did not want to surrender and told me to "f##k off".

I shot him dead and got the mission to continue forwards.

Lots of action in this mission. I hope you seriously consider making more, or, making a campaign...........

I have a new version almost finished but I would appreciate it if some people would test it out before I release. I've attempted to put in place 3 alternate endings and want to make sure it works out smoothly. The endings themselves aren't that fancy, just some minor changes in dialogue and/or objective but I want to make sure it's set up right.

Post here or send me a PM if you want to try it out.

Also, I'm about half way through the next one, still a patrol mission, but different.