Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Wanted to create a Thread, where Devs can read trough for some nice ideas or wishes. So please keep it simple and flameless :D

Before you post, pleas check out if your suggestion maybe is already confirmed in the game: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119512

I try to summarize most of the wishes from this thread in my first post.

Absolutely most important for me:

-Netcode: Please try to create a better Netcode. Games are often so unstable when 30 or more ppl playing, its getting even worse with destroyed buildings etc.

Its actually going so far that mostly you have to wait until the enemy stops somewhere, so you can finally shoot him...

- Destroyable Enviroment:

Would be cool to have accurate destroyable buildings, like in Breach

But also Bombs etc. should create real Craters. So that you can Basicly "bomb" your own trenches in the ground. (I think it was possible in Red Faction and also Soldner Secret wars years ago)

- stay on your SIMLINE

Even if you put in new Animations, Physix and so on. Dont let it get a too fast Arcade Shooter. Please stay on you stratagic and often a bit slower Line, and keep it a "Simulation".

Dont let it get a Battlefield, cod, or Operation Flashpoint 2..

- Animations like the Addon "PVP Animations"

Get us some more animations. also blind shooting behind walls, crouching behind obstacles and just get up high enough that you can fire over it. Not heigher up, like totally stand up for example. Also make Grenade Throwing more accurate and smoother. around 90% of the time, i try to throw a grenade OUTSIDE of building.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14013&highlight=PVP+ANIMATIONS

A game which made the shooting from behind obstacles just perfect was: VIETCONG. you are hidden behind a stone, you press right mouse button, and get up just heigh enough to shoot over the stone. Also Red Orchestra 2 looks vers promising in this, same as in disemberment.

Weapon Rest Let us Rest weapons like in ACE on walls, sandbags, all kind of obstacles and if prone and the gun got it, on bipods.

Impact and Hit effects When you are in a Tank and get hit by a RPG or Tank Cannon, you should actually feel and see it. (shaking, blur, etc.) not just see it by the "healthbar of your vehicle"

- All the stuff which is possible with PhysiX anyway, like vehiclephysics, ragdoll, etc.

Ragdoll Give the "Dolls" some weight and more realism then in other games, mostly it just looks like "funny dolls", and dont let them always just fall down. Most hits with small arms, dont kill immidiatly, so maybe mix it with "ragdolls with weight AND Animations AND just hit effects".

- Keep Weapons mostly not visible in first person, while you running. Just like it is now Dont make OFP2 or basicly all other gameViews. It just sucks if you see your rifle hanging around like its on your throat. When you run in the field, and you have your rifle low, you look infront, not at your rifle.

NOT LIKE THIS

0:48min -> 1:20min

- Meeleee: Give us a Knife, some Bayonetts and the possiblity to hit someone with a fist or rifle. (dont make it a too useful and common action though, just for real stealth or emergency - We dont want a Call of Duty.)

- Keep your allmighty Editor please :) + Add a nice working Realtime 3D Editor

- Render to Texture: Vehicle inside Screens, rear mirrors, 3D Scopes where you also can see surrounding

- Vehicle Interior (Dont make 20 Tanks for a side, just make 5 but in best quality^^)

- More realistic Medic System and Wounds + Gore + dismemberment

LONG POST BUT PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS< IT WILL MAKE ARMA 3 MUCH MORE REALISTIC

What is on my arma 3 wishlist? If I had my own way arma 3 would have improved netcoding so i can shoot someone and they will register every hit, physics would be cool but i really am only looking forward to netcode improvements, underwater and hopefully cave battles (VBS has this) and ofcourse.......

Realistic wounds!!!!!!

Not like ACE or vanilla Arma 2.

Different rounds cause variable wound profiles. Depending on ammunition behaviour @ speed x and depending on hit location the bullet will simulate what it does in real life. A fragmenting round will fragment at x velociy and cause y amount of bleeding.

Bleeding leads to unconsciousness, shock, and cardiac arrest. Unconsciousness can lead to discontinuation of breathing, and the wound will cause pain, generally a direct hit will cause the target to become incapacitated.

Damage to CNS, Head (brainpart of CNS :p), excesive bloodloss, cardiac arrest amoungst other stuff like glitching into a rock on an ATV will kill a soldier in arma3. Consecutive shots should not kill a unit unless they are to vital areas such as CNS..

Ammunition will be more than just "5.56x45mm STANAG":

Different types of ammunition in use by the military should be simulated.

For example, USMC use mk.318 SOST, US Army use m855a1, some special forces SAW operators use m995 Armor piercing ammo, but for the sake of the game, and USA vs Russia scenario shoulod use armor piercing ammo instead of ineffective ball rounds.

Body armour simluation would be cool too, as in soft armour could proetc t against pistol rounds at close range, and hard armour will protect againts certain rifle rounds and certain velocities, and can be degraded and shatter, thus loosing effectivness.

Field dressings and putting pressure on a wound will slow bleeding and have a chance (decreasing depending on rate of bleeding) to stop it altogether. Morphine will work as an active pain relief but will slow the heart so must not be used all the time. Tourniquets and hemostatic agents like quik clot can be used although they will reduce a soldier's combat effectiveness, but will portentially save a life. Medics have the option to perform surgery, so procedures such as clamping arteries can be carried out to stop heavy bleeding. IV bags/plasma will refill a unit's "blood meter" which will come with obvious positive effects (due to blood loss having negative effects). CPR can be used on patients not breathing or without a pulse.

Medics will not carry magical "med kits" which do miracle surgery for them. But they will carry bags with the appropriate medical equipment in them. Smelling salts, IV bags, surgey kits, additional field dressings and tourniquets, hemostatic agents, AED (Automated External Defibrillator) for restarting the heart (FYI epinephrine is NOT used for cardiac arrest, giving a patient who has entered cardiac arrest after bloodloss due to a gun shot wound will only cause his heart rate to increase, increasing the speed at which he bleeds. It is used for bee stings and peanut allergies, maybe as a last resort in the military when someone is so obviously not going to survive that the medics just inject epi so they can say to relatives "well we tried to save him."

.. Ok this is an exageration but epi is an absolute last resort, should not be added to arma 3.) amonst other stuff like breathing apparatus.

This sounds very complicated, but can be made in a similar fashion to how ACE wounds were developed. ACE wounds have scripts that state whether the unit was or wasn't bleeding, then has scripts which give bleeding units side effects. Treatment is simple. If a unit has pain and morphine is used, pain is either completely taken away or atleast reduced. Diagnosis can be done in the same way "Examine > patient x is bleeding a requires bandages" is done, but with more authentic post-examination results, such as "patient unresponsive, is slowly oozing bright pinky red blood and is very pale, is not breathing and a pulse cannot be found." (cardiac arrest, artery has been severed, not breathing, unconscious and when they wake up they will obviously require pain relief :p)

Everything I have just said is possible in arma 2 with a little motivation, knowledge on the topic (epi for gun shots wounds.. seriously :D) and ofcourse, more contributers (sorry ACE I had to :p), so it can deffinitly be made for arma 3. VBS has authentic ballistic simulation, artillary simulation (including targeting) and much more, so the excuse "this system is waaaay too complicated for a simple game" is obsolete.

Don't understand arty? Don't use it or try and learn to use it. Same goes with medics, I mean, it is a realistic simulation game..

And real life is much much more complicated. Here is all you really need to know for this new medical system:

Less serious bleeding is slowed and sometimes stopped by field dressings. Tourniquets and Quik Clot will clot bleeding much more effectivly but will cause pain and other negative effects.

Surgery can be performed by medics to achieve the best possible results, whether that be the patient is in the best possible condition after surgey or the surgery has the highest rate of success (compare a bandage to clamping a severed artery ;) ).

Pain is treated by morphine although a unit cannot have too much and if the heart rate is already slowed down too much morphine will be dangerous.

Unconsciousness is treated by various things. If the unit has lost too much blood and has gone unconsciousness, they will require IV/plamsa to refill thier blood levels before baing capable of waking up, breathin will need to be restarted if it has stopped (obviously if they stop breathing they will dieg as well :p). Smelling salts and bretahing apparatus (in medic kit) can be used to start the breathing of a patient.

Cardiac arrest will also kill a unit quite quickly although i can be treated with CPR, and AEDs.

Plasma/IV will refill the blood meter of a unit taking away all negative side effects of blood loss seeing as the blood has been replaced.

Oh and a simple medic module with vanilla arma 2 style damage could be added too although I think after using this system noone would go back. In arma, first aid is simple for soldiers, it is the medics job that is difficult, as it should be, just as an arty officer's job is not simply click on map with mouse and shoot super accurate arty. :D VBS has great arty simlaution hope that makes it into arma 3 as well :)

My friends and I (one of them an ammunition designer for Thales Australia, one being a nurse and one being a doctor) would be more than happy to go into more detail with how proper wounds and medical treatment could be simluated to achieve maximum realisim and fun at the same time. I realise I wentinto a lot more detail about wounds than ammunition simulation, although ammunition is my favourite area of study, if you would like to know more, just PM me.

- Flying Physic and Simulation improvements. Maybe use a bit of Take On Helicopters

- Bigger Multiplayer capabilities How about a server with 200 Ppl PvP, and stratagic Warefare + Logistic Problems + Medevac

- Climbing Animations at Ladders Please fix them^^

- Possibility to abort actions like reloading, healing etc. In case you need to take cover while you do it.

- configurable NVGs like in ACE make it more or less sensible

- Custzomazable Gear Dont make 20 versions of a M4A1, make 1 and let the PLayer configure the attachments and camo. Dont make the Classnames for that too complicated too. -> M4A1_sil_Acog_desertcamo_laser (Rifle_Silencer_Scope_camo_laser/flashlight) If you keep it like that, there can still be a simple "addweapon"

- BETTER AntiCheat Its amazing how a lot of servers still get hacked all few hours :(

- Moveable inside Vehicles, Shoot out of them, Shoot out of vehicles, and actually open the door/Ramp to get out. dont just teleport out of vehicles.

- Choose specific get out position from vehicles like in VBS. let us choose the safe side of the car to get out, not that one facing towards the enemy.

- FIRE I would like to have burning buildings. Fire could be ignited by a Bomb blast, RPG, wood houses surrounded by wood should catch fire if trees were burning etc.

Fire should continually damage buildings until fire is extinguished.

Also people escaping of burning vehicles should sometimes burn a bit, let them turn around in the grass or take help from comrades to extingush it, just like in SLX.

- Weapon Jamming Make some random jams of all kind of rifles, excluding the AK47 -74 ^^ based on real jam rates please.

- AI Close Combat and Urban Tactics Please try to implement some urban tactic waypoints and animations for AI. So they can maybe hide behind obstacles, give cover and clear BUILDINGS. just a bit like in this movie for example :) -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXXY-0s-Vqw

- AI Viewblock by Vegetation and Objects Woodland or Bush-Areas are pretty unfair while you play against AI, they often see trough all this vegetation. Please create a poper AI Viewblock.

Dont make all Vehicles explode when hit No need for hollywood like, all goes BOOM effects. If a vehicle is hit, let it explode, depending on fuel, ammo, hitarea. If a chopper crashes when it has nearly no fuel and no ammo on it, dont let it burn. Let the crew survive it maybe depending on the speed of impact.

Fastroping from Choppers Give the ability to make some quick fastrope inserations please. Also Multiplayer-working :)

Wind Please make a physically correct wind component, influencing aircraft, especially choppers, and bullets. Give us the chance to measure the wind and the tools to work against it when you are for example sniping.

improved AI driving Ai Driving already is improved very much, thanks for that. STILL, it needs much more. Please find a way to make AI driving look fluid, fast if needed and less stuttering.

Multi Monitor Compatibility Let us for example have the Map, Rangetable, Radio, on one, the action on the 2nd Screen.

Realistic Sounds depending on enviroment. Guns fired in a forrest sounds diffrent then in a town, sounds diffrent then in a desert.

Weapon Animations, Holster, Lowering Stay with the possibility to be able to lower your gun, when you are not in danger. Also do the same, just upwards with the pistol, also when kneeing. And like in Good Old Operation Flashpoint, let us PLEASE "holster" some Rifles on our back!

Chopper Crash

a few years ago i made a small script, which basicly prevented the chopper from exploding to easy, especially when there is no or nearly no Ammo and Fuel onboard.

If the chopper doesnt crash too hard, the crew also had a good chance to survive, randomly injured some died, but basicly u had a good chance to come out alive.

Would love to see that in ArmA3

Edited by KrAziKilla

Wanted to create a Thread, where Devs can read trough for some nice ideas or wishes. So please keep it simple and flameless :D

I start:

-Netcode: Please try to create a better Netcode. Games are often so unstable when 30 or more ppl playing, its getting even worth with destroyed buildings etc.

- Destroyable Enviroment:

Would be cool to have accurate destroyable buildings, like in Breach

But also Bombs etc. should create real Craters. So that you can Basicly "bomb" your own trenches in the ground. (I think it was possible in Red Faction and also Soldner Secret wars years ago)

I just hope you realize that these two features would be fighting eachother. Adding more stuff to synchronize (and there's no better way to add more network traffic than to add destructable environments) will make the networking problems even more severe. Even the most optimized netcode in the world isn't going to fix the problems when you keep expanding the scope of such an already huge gameworld. Improving the networking may actually require limiting the scope of the game unfortunately.

Specifically: fix the ladder climbing animations, I mean ...

Pe5ib.png

:)

I do,

still its "a Wishlist".

I dont accuratly know whats possible and what not, they might find a way, or not.

I just know that already years ago, there was some nice working (ok it was bugged and you cannot compare it 1 by 1) Destruction System in Games like Red Faction and Soldner.

Anyway, this shouldnt be a discussion about whats possible and what not, it should be a "Wishlist and Ideas" about things which MIGHT be possible. :)

PLEASE KEEP IT A WISHLIST + IDEAS. THX

An easier pipeline for importing assets, like third-party animations and models.

As it is with ArmA2 importing animations is very tedious.

My top 3 off the top of my head is:

- Better AI

- Better animations (ragdoll)

- Dotsights that are realistic in use (i.e. I want the aimpoint/Eotech tube/frame to turn transparent when I aim through the sight because of the depth vision - like in real life) instead of obstructing my view and thereby decreasing SA.

I'll stress the last one, as the others seems to be on the list :)

Edited by Nielsen

Hmm Wishlist.....

- Less brown :p

- Fully working 3D mission editor

- Built in script editor with syntax highlighting and all that fancy stuff

- setUnitPos "NotUp" and "NotDown" commands

- assignAsTurret command

- pistol _unit command

- http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1929780&postcount=2

- doWatch, doTarget, doFire etc. commands that actually do what you'd expect (overwrite default unit behaviour)

- No warfare in SP campaign

more to be added later...

- More easter eggs

- Fully optimalized engine

- DX11 rendering

- DON'T CHANGE THE EDITOR, IT'S PERFECT NOW !

-Radios that work... the Voice channels in OFP were revolutionary but we need extra channels..

- Rethink the net code..must be a way to hide the warping.

- 6DOF Trackir.. especially in aircraft/vehicles.

- Pre-Purchase allows access to late stage beta testing. i.e. like DCS-A10 did.

- True analogue throttles that use full range.

- power grids in towns.

- flowing rivers

Fix all of the OFP legacy stuff still in ArmA2/OA. For example: walls going flat instead of turning into rubble, switch weapon and lower/raise weapon halting character movement, light shining through walls, and others. Weapons should be a base model i.e. M4A1 then all possible module configurations should be available and selected as equipment to have better weapon customizing. So One could have an aimpoint/m203/peq/flashlight/silencer if they wanted and not have a huge list to choose from. Better weapon handling/animations. Bolt action rifles should look real when reloading with the character. Dont just have the bolt move but with the hand and arm as well. Same goes for all the weapons. Have more detailed reloads for all weapons. Better physics on dead units possibly, especially if they are killed above ground and end up falling off of the edge. Good rope physics, towing and fastroping. ability to tow vehicles and trailers with vehicles on the trailer. Ability to drive a vehicle into an airplane and take off. Just all around better cargo handling. Its nice to see the C130 doors open but one still cannot drive a vehicle or walk up the ramp. A big must for weapons is a revamp of the damage. 556 is far too weak and pistols are almost worthless. Improve round damage to more life like settings. Head shots with pistols will kill most of the time and thats not how it is in game. Improved damage on units and vehicles. Show what happens when a person encounters a rocket or mine or grenade. Could be basic stuff like losing a limb or guts spilling. Show where we shoot a person and no more general damage texture. If I shoot an AI in the head his whole body should not turn red with bullet marks in his chest. All weapons and vehicles ever made for the series should be in the game. I would be willing to pay for DLC of this content with extras if all content is of A3 quality. Bigger airfields for bigger planes like c-17/c-5 and b-52/b-1b.

Hopefully the PhysX implementation will mean a better gravity system. Am I right in saying Arma 2's gravity is equivalent to that of the Moon?

- Cover System

- better AI

- and very importand... the helicopters are in ArmA II to easy to destroy ( like at a fast landing )

- realistic Fast Rope

- maybe some CQC animations and better stealth kills

- some new Helicopters and airplains ( B-2, F-117 would be nice )

If anything ArmA 3 needs to have a better net code. It's sad enough to wait for a target to stay still to shoot them. I remember back in the BF 1942 days I was able to shoot people sprinting around with my sniper rifle on a 64 player server with over 150 ping.

Physics would be nice, but make sure to keep all the ATI customers happy.

This is a very drastic wish, but I've been wanting this since the first ArmA.

No more transporting outside of vehicles! For example, if you're stationed in the cargo of an APC, the hatch should actually open and the infantry inside should run out.

We need more balance opfor this time around. No more of this TUSK vs Reskinned 20 times T-72 model :)

Opfor needs some higher tech stuff this time around.

I think it'd be cool if the AI investigated sounds. Like if you wanted to distract a couple of guards while trying to enter an enemy base, you could toss an empty magazine into a bush or something, or say a spec ops team already planted charges on an objective and blew them. The enemy AI would send a squad to investigate the sound and maybe leave a few guards behind, while the main force moves in with less resistance.

I just hope that there is more of an emphasis on stealth gameplay for this entry. Metal Gear Solid has been the only decent stealth game for far too long (Splinter Cell blows)

Full compatibility with Arma2 CO. ie. The ability to open Arma 3 and use any Arma2, OA, BAF or PMC unit.

If you have backwards compatabilaty then you greatly reduce what new features can be added.....

Looks like I already got what I wanted (animation/physics) and honestly I'm freakin thrilled with a day long shite-eating grin :D

But if greed is allowed I ask for AI that better understand indoors ie.windows and clearance - buildings built from ground up with AI in mind.