Sign in to follow this  
fleepee

CO24 [PK1] Get Steve Harris (BETA version)

Worrying news from Zargabad...

zargab10.jpg

The results challenged by various armed factions of recent presidential elections in Takistan had unfortunate consequences: a strong insurgent movement was created in the city of Zargabad and grows throughout the country!

The civilian population is terrorized by armed militias that occupy the city and the UN forces were "invited" to leave the airport where they were stationed for two years...

Karim Ben Feshaoui, the local warlord who somehow succeeded in controlling militias in the region, could do nothing...

Another information: Reuters news agency reported they had no contacts with the independent american reporter Steve Harris for 24 hours...

Because of the chaotic security situation in the country, they had agreed on three punctual and daily telephone appointments; morning, noon and evening, to inform and reassure the agency about his situation.

Harris was in Zargabad to investigate on the connections between BASS party extremists and some well known international terrorists groups.

This very sensitive topic suggests it could be possible that Steve Harris may be more than a freelance reporter: takistany militias accuse him of being a CIA agent, which the United States formally deny.

By the most incredible coincidence, CIA informants reported that Harris would have laid hands on important documents, and that should now be sequestered somewhere in Zargabad because of that...

Steve Harris being alive is good news, as it means that militias do not know where these famous informations are...

NATO intelligence services identified a radio-active marker with a fixed position inside a building in Zargabad: it is likely that this marker comes from a smart card contained in Harris' files.

Takistany militias may ally with whom help them getting back the files; they made Karim Ben Feshaoui know they could tell him where the reporter is detained if he could get his hands on the documents.

Three NATO eight men special forces squads have been discreetly deployed nearby the city.

Their mission is to get the files and save Steve Harris.

Features:

• 24 playable slots: 3 squads of 8 soldiers
  • Alpha leader is the high commander, select at least that slot!
  • Mobile Respawn
  • Revive by all units
  • Overview, briefing and debriefing, intro and outro
  • French and English versions
  • satellite viewing (access with the deployed mobile respanw vehicle)

Lobby Options:

• number of revives
  • time before respawn location choice
  • grass layer
  • view distance

Installation:

Place the pbo file in your ArmA2 Operation Arrowehad\MPMissions folder.

ARMA2 CO patch 1.59

External Scripts Credits:

Revive V0.50 by Norrin

Air Support by Drapper

Heli extract and Satellite View by Pumpkin

Vehicle Respawn Script v1.7 by Tophe of Östgöta

Urban Patrol Script by Kronsky

I'm having fun with this mission, I hope you'll enjoy it too!

I wish I could have some feedback on it and a correction of my english version...

I'm looking forward to your feedback!

FleePee

Armaholic mirror:

[PK1] Get Steve Harris Co-24 (@)

Edited by fleepee
New version

Hi it looks great but where can i download it. On the site you post i cant understand one thing lol

i get this

Vos droits ne sont pas suffisants pour télécharger ce fichier

F...ing forum permissions! :o

I changed the download link in the first post...

I didn't try.

create a new LAN server in the MP lobby if you want to play it alone.

Last night we try your mission in our server.

We get into Zargabad direct to take the files (that`s the first task )

We found and take the files ..... then the next task was give back these files to someone (cant remember the name).

On the way to the second task the soldier who keep the documents was killed and the files went to the floor.

We pick-up the files again with same soldier whos carry, and finally find the contact..... but nothing happens. No way to give back files. ¿maybe a bug? ??????

Try to give back files with other members of the squads but nothing happens again....?????????

At the end we decide to kill that man ...... and the mission continue to the next task

But without information about where can be Harris in all Zargabad.... finally we found.

All time we used the alpha lider slot.

Nice mission .... we really enjoy playing .... thanks for your work!!!!!

We pick-up the files again with same soldier whos carry, and finally find the contact..... but nothing happens. No way to give back files. ¿maybe a bug?

Thanks reporting that, i'll have a look at it.

You normally should have an action menu to give Ben-feshaoui the files.

Bug corrected in V2.

See first post for Armaholic dowload link.

Hi Fleepee

Great mission, we love playing it. Once we return the files, we have found Steve. How none of us have the option to "save steve". Wehave tried removing all close threats, have each tried to "talk" to Steve, but we have no options. Not sure what the key is.

Cheers Harry

none of us have the option to "save steve".

Strange, I played it without that "bug", then looked at the scripts but didn't find any reason for it...

You should just point at him to have the action menu "Free Harris" appearing...

A new version is available!:bounce3:

See first post for download link.

Changelog:

v3 Beta

•fixed viewdistance and grass layer in the MP lobby!

•Added satellite viewing (access with the deployed mobile respanw vehicle)

•Added sandbags around ennemy static MGs

A new version (V5a) is available!

See first post for download link.