Sign in to follow this  
Darkguerilla

Aa12 unrealistic.

Need I say anymore?

The AA12 in-game is unrealistic.

Simply put:

1. Kicks to much

2. Kicks Up

As seen from the video in doesn't kick alot. Barely at all. Also its very small kick pushes down not up.

Name something in PMC that is realistic.

But I think a little extra recoil on a shotgun that shoots down helicopters and fired physics-defying pellets effective out to 300m is fair compensation.

There's your answer. In ArmA 2 you're using 3 1/2 inch magnum rounds.

Edited by Max Power

Wenn i first time see aa12 on discovery in future weapons or weaponology in 2008 or 2k9 i speek to my brother cool weapon with big fire power. But now after seen aa12 in few movies i think this shoutgun look like toy :)

That the video you were talking about?

Again another example of the AA12 in A2OA being unrealistic.

PLEASE FIX IN NEXT PATCH.

It would be fantastic.

But I think a little extra recoil on a shotgun that shoots down helicopters and fired physics-defying pellets effective out to 300m is fair compensation.

Balancing, in MY ArmA:2?!?!?!? :butbut:

I don't think so Tim. When there was that big uproar about how the Takistanis had a massive disadvantage with the lack of NVG, TWS and crap weapons, people always said; "War isn't fair, get over it." This is supposed to be a simulator, not CoD or Battlefield where everything is fair and balanced. :rolleyes:

Balancing, in MY ArmA:2?!?!?!? :butbut:

I don't think so Tim. When there was that big uproar about how the Takistanis had a massive disadvantage with the lack of NVG, TWS and crap weapons, people always said; "War isn't fair, get over it." This is supposed to be a simulator, not CoD or Battlefield where everything is fair and balanced. :rolleyes:

I wasn't talking about balance.

I said that the AA-12 is unrealistically good in some ways, so we shouldn't complain that it is unrealistically bad in others.

In the end, it's really unrealistic, but for such a novelty weapon, I don't really care.

IMO, what's unrealistic with the AA-12 and MUST be changed is it's exagerated long effective range!

It's has an exagerated long range - It's basically impossible hit someone at 500/600 meters with ANY shotgun in real life but you can easily hit someone at a range of 500/600 meters in ArmA2 with an AA-12 armed with HE shells which obviously should be extremelly hard if not impossible in real life!

Screw novelty, what's novel about it. Fix 'er.

And BTW, there ARE HE rounds irl:

Who knows? When was the last time you shot at a helicopter with a shotgun? The idea of that in itself is crazy...

Could they down a helicopter, though? I have my doubts.
You can down helicopters with a slingshot...you just have to hit. Why should 10-20 EXPLOSIVE FRAGMENTATION ROUNDS fired full auto 360 rounds p. m. not down it. Muzzle velocity does not matter with that kind of Ammunition. It has more in common with a little Cannon. Edited by Beagle

Although if they have no penetration capability and no delayed fuse, you could probably pump quite a few into the underside of a chopper and just create an ugly-looking hole.

Although if they have no penetration capability and no delayed fuse, you could probably pump quite a few into the underside of a chopper and just create an ugly-looking hole.
You don't need penetration capability to do harm to the tinfoil a UH-1D is made off.

You don't need penetration capability to do harm to the tinfoil a UH-1D is made off.

Not to mention it's made from aluminum and magnesium. :p They burn like torches.

However as an he shell hits the outside of the helicopter, the round explodes and then only some of the shell fragments and some small hull fragments continue on into the helicopter to damage it. These firecracker sized HE rounds hitting the bottom of the helicopter no doubt would cause little actual damage, as they would hit the skin of the helicopter, then the grain sized fragments would have to penetrate the helicopter floor. Any time they had to penetrate two layers of something they would be useless, and I doubt they would penetrate even light armour.

Edited by Max Power

However as an he shell hits the outside of the helicopter, the round explodes and then only some of the shell fragments and some small hull fragments continue on into the helicopter to damage it. These firecracker sized HE rounds hitting the bottom of the helicopter no doubt would cause little actual damage, as they would hit the skin of the helicopter, then the grain sized fragments would have to penetrate the helicopter floor. Any time they had to penetrate two layers of something they would be useless, and I doubt they would penetrate even light armour.
Have you ever seen what power the tiny charge of a detonating cap does? Or how a load of 100 grain of too much FFF busts a barrel of 5mm steel. Theres quite a power in that "powders" and aircraft are fragile machines. Edited by Beagle

'Fragile machines' gives us no information what so ever. In fact, modern military helicopters are built to withstand 23mm hits. I'm sure you could shoot down a robinson r22 with a 9mm handgun but what is it we're really talking about?

'Fragile machines' gives us no information what so ever. In fact, modern military helicopters are built to withstand 23mm hits. I'm sure you could shoot down a robinson r22 with a 9mm handgun but what is it we're really talking about?
Err---the video we talk about here shows the PMC shootign down an old Takistani UH-1D with HE at very close range that is in no way the in the class of modern Battle helicopers. It does not work that way with a UH-60 etc. in ArmA. The single engine UH-1D is barely more survivable as a civil Bell Jetranger or a MH-6.

We shoot down MH-60 with short bursts of PKM in ArmA on regular basis on no one bothers.

Edited by Beagle

We shoot down MH-60 with short bursts of PKM in ArmA on regular basis on no one bothers.

How do you manage that without hitting the tail rotor or pilot?

In my experience, heavier choppers can take virtually limitless 7.62 rounds unless a special component in hit several times. They have to run out of hitpoints first.

How do you manage that without hitting the tail rotor or pilot?

In my experience, heavier choppers can take virtually limitless 7.62 rounds unless a special component in hit several times. They have to run out of hitpoints first.

In fact its the soft system called "Pilot" that fails most of the time first. The FN-FAL is a decent rifle to bring it down in two bursts that way ;) The Rotor hub also does not like hits.

I think the UH-1 in Arrowhead is a UH-1H.

At any rate, barring hitting something vital straight off, the HE rounds should not be more effective at shooting down a helicopter than armour piercing rifle bullets, given that they do not penetrate metal, but mearly make small indented holes and cause light fragmentation. I would like to see a test where they put some sheet metal behind another layer of sheet metal. My guess would be that nothing would get through.

the AA-12 is coming from a DLC that had a SUV with a minigun mounted on top, i don't think they we're aiming for realism there

the AA-12 is coming from a DLC that had a SUV with a minigun mounted on top, i don't think they we're aiming for realism there
The SUV with the minigun is as real as the AA-12.

FRAG-12 comes as an HEAP round with 180m range.

Edited by Beagle