Sign in to follow this  
LaKing

SP: Crowing Bamjahan.

Time to unleash my Mission for Operation Arrowhead, that I composed in order to test the German Radio Protocol. The mission is quite intense, and I hope you will have a lot of fun while playing it. Also, I hope BIS will release the German protocol in the next patch.

Download CrowingBamjahan.Takistan.pbo and get yourself ready for the combat.

Would be appreciated if you could post more informations like requirements (mod a,x,y,...), mission-type (tank, infantry, ...) and so on.

Theoretically, no mods are required. OA with the latest patches and updates only.

Infantry mission. Goal is to rescue survivors, and to prevent their transport from the crash site. ...

Two hours ago, Captain John G. Sumida, the navigator of the C130 Hercules crew, which is assigned to drop supplies under cover of night for the US Army Bravo Company, 2nd Battalion, 101th Infantry Regiment, positioned north of Sakhe, reported unknown enemy activity, and shortly thereafter sent a mayday signal from his position, heading east. Experts analysed the recordings, the aircraft has been damaged and due to the engine failure, the crew had to perform a quick emergency landing. Friendly troops in the area reported no sign of crash, therefore the aircraft is assumed to have landed, and the crew is assumed to be alive.

As soon as possible, find the crash-site, evacuate the lost crew, and prevent their transport from the Area and their capture. Prevent any chance of crew members being subjected to torture by the enemy or filmed for extortion and ransom purposes before their execution. As soon as possible find the crash-site and clear the area. Aid in the evacuation of lost crew members.

US Air force units will transport 3 squads of special forces from the German Bundeswehr, that kindly offered quick help.

- All units will be parachuted in low altitude around the drop-zone, where the last signal was transmitted from.

- Make sure no enemy forces are stationed on your back.

- Proceed on the mountain ridge, make sure that the enemy has no strongholds.

- By the time the crest of bamjahan is reached you should have visual to the crash site.

- With the lost crew collected, hold position, and call for evacuation.

Story/Background:

Well written and without any noticeable mistakes.

Gameplay:

The scenario provides the player with an action-orientated, linear gameplay without any complicated elements or tactical decisions (except the gear-selection before the mission begins). Also the mission-scripts work fine and support the overall scenario very well.

I may add that the parachute-script is very nice - dunno whether you did that yourself but it worked quite smoothy. Nevertheless there's a little bug as the team-order gets mixed after the drop (which can be annoying for players who like a certain order within their squad).

I'm also missing some dialogs (just written ones) within the scenario as sometimes you feel a little bit lost during the plot(might be a personal expression though). Last but not least the enemy AI behaves strange throughout your mission - i.e. they sometimes don't attack.

Performance:

Very good - even though my rig isn't the best I didn't experience any lags though the mission uses a lot of infantry.

Thank you. :) ..

Yes, that enemy attacking thing is the last bug, that I couldn't sort out. The AI gets all orders, Combat mode Red, etc, but they still don't attack, just stand around, or take a walk.

Actually the game-play is not fully linear, it depends a lot on the surprise-drop.

If someone has a bug-fix / update, please feel free to let me know.

LaKing