Sign in to follow this  
ANZACSAS Steven

Co20 Air-War Over Takistan

i18046_airwarovertakistanpic.jpg

-NEW UPDATED TO V1.4!!

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share with you all another mission my Brother and I have been developing for Mp online use.

This MP mission is based around teamwork between Airborne Strike units and Special Forces units.The airborne units have numerous targets to destroy.SF units will assist in "lasing" some of the more diffficult targets for the airborne units such as ZU-23 AA guns that aircraft cant "lock on " to.

All feedback is welcome thru the "CO30 Air War Over Takistan" thread on the Bis Forums.:)

Here's a Description -

- Game Required -

- ARMA2 Combined Operations

- Theatre -

- Takistan

- Objective -

There is 1 main airbase and surrounding area to neutralize in order to make way for an infantry special forces unit to raid in 18 hours time.

We must destroy all airborne aircraft at the same time as taking down all anti-aircraft weapon systems.Once air-superiority has been achieved there are tank units deployed close to the Airbase that must be destroyed before the infantry Assualt can proceed.Once most, if not all threats from the ground and the air have been neutralised there is fuel storage containers,hangers,a Radar Trailer,an HQ Buliding and parked aircraft to be destroyed for mission success.

Good luck airmen and women.

- Intel -

- Estimated Enemy Strength- Strong.Fighter Aircraft,Helicopter Gunships,Tanks,Armoured personnel Carriers, Anti-Aircraft Vehicles and Infantry Units.

- Features -

- Base Respawn.

- Recruit Ai Team Members.

- Group Leaders In command of AI will use Group Respawn untill no AI are left then respawn reverts to Base.

- Increase or Decrease your viewdistance and Terrain Detail During Mission.

- Vehicle Respawn.

- Credits -

- Mission By ANZACSAS Ron and Steve.

- The Awesome Group respawn scripts by theOden.

- The Excellent Universal Crate Filler 1.0 And Simple Vehicle Respawn Script v1.4 by Tophe of Östgöta Ops.

- The Fantastic Recruit AI Scripts/UI by Bon_Inf*.

- The very Cool On-the-fly GFX Changer Scripts/UI by Deadfast.

V1.4 Changelog-

- Fixed quite a few things.

- Added warmer,Summer night look.

The link -NEW V1.4!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/16ewnticb9x56h4/Co20Air%20War%20OverTakistan%20MP%20Mission%20V1.4%20Arma2.zip

Have Fun.:)

Steve.

Edited by ANZACSAS Steven
Mission Update !!

Thanks for publishing this mission!

Sounds very interesting in combination with these scripts. Will test it asap.

Wow ... tough going. We tried Co-2 and we got obliterated. Of course our flying skills are marginal.

On our most successful attempt, we got shot down in a AH-1Z and survived. We infiltrated back into enemy the base on foot, and turned some heavy weaponry on the on the base occupants. Took out some guards with our MP5s, obliterated the control tower with a captured Zu-23, and turned the guns of the Mi-8 on the tarmac on the guards and the line of Frogfoots. However, we were eventually overwhelmed :cry: . A suicide mission!

Using Mando Missiles SAM support would be amazing on this (albeit RATHER scary!)

Three little things which need some improvement (in my eyes) after a short test of your mission:

• Custom loadout is not available after respawn. How about using something like this?
  • Pilot-AI is not available via 'Bon_Inf recruitable AI'. Would be nice and realistic for ordering some AI-controlled aircrafts/choppers.
  • During the mission, some of the enemy aircrafts/choppers crashed into the hills (perhaps something like 'flyInHeight' would help here?)

@Willachilla,

Thanks for the feedback,

I d'loaded those scripts and will check em out.They look good ,thanks for the link.:)

I will add the pilot class to the recruit list for next release.

I am using a flyinheight of 4-500m for the heli's and around 1-1500m for the fixed wing aircraft.

They shouldnt be colliding into the mountains at that height but i will look into it.Thinking...maybe they are crashing into eachother?...I havnt had that problem much when i played it but it has been a problem in the past with other islands in OFP,Arma1.

Cool spoiler .:)Thanks for ya feedback and debrief.:)

@Kremator,

I will be uploading a version of this with the 3LB SA6 and AA gun systems.I havnt tried it yet but its going to be extra exciting..:)

Anything else you can think of?

@Missioncreep,

Its pretty tough going but the more ya play it the better ya get.

Hint-Dont go off the power when you are in the Combat zone.You have to approach,attack and exit at the highest speed possible,leaving only a second or so to get it all done.The AA missiles will only attack if you going slow.The AA guns,well,you just have to brave them.:)

First post Updated with V1.1 and version with SA-6

28019fbee078a89daf7620e6146a0a37122810c1fbd104d52d5fcb379dee47406g.jpg

Edited by ANZACSAS Steven

Just tried it. Great for training! I wonder how long this mission would take for me, all alone. :)

Too bad the FPS are low for me. I blame it on the AI. :)

Thanks for the fun :)

Bit heavy on the server though, but playable.

Best viewed in 1080HD

@Rawhide,

Thanks for your comments m8.:)

Are you interested in testing a beta update?

I have made quite a few changes ,fixed a couple of things that will make the whole experiance more enjoyable i think and most importantly trimmed the gaurds and patrols a bit to increase frames.

Too bad the mission uses base respawn... Would have uploaded it to the CiA server if it was realistic.

Thanks for the efforts though :)

@Variable,

A quik read thru the mission editing section and you could change the base respawn to no respawn in 5 seconds.

If ya know what base respawn means you are halfway there.No respawn is called "seagull" i think.Change the description file to "seagull" where it says "base" and u are done.

:)

First post updated. NEW UPDATED V1.4!!

Mission has had a few fixes.

Also set the Opfor Aircraft to be a bit more aggressive and smarter.

:)