Sign in to follow this  
rubberkite

Connection not perfect, blank lobby, bad mission checksum, game over ...

Due to my new connection, I can't join on server with mission bigger than 512k or more, due to some packet loss in the mission check, also If I've the mission I can't join, lobby blank, mission will download again, and at the end, one script or paa or other file is missing and game crash.

there is something new in 1.59 that will improve that ?

or it's game over for me ?

thank you

Rubber

Did you try a different router?

Put your computers IP outside the DMZ ONLY FOR A TEST PURPOSE if it works then its your routers firewall setting.

Make shure you have ticked/enabled (if there is an option for it) the UPNP.

I have no router,

1 wireless antenna outside, a simple rj45 cable with power over eternet power supply.

with previous wired connection all works fine, with this only mission really small works.

So I can't play anymore, I think that this system doesn't work too much fine,

UDP doesn't have any kind of packet "resend" and control the signature over UDP means that all connection with some packet loss will be out of the game

:mad:

Why the check of pbo and keys doesn't work over TCP/IP ?

this will solve this problem with file checksum

connection with high jitter and packet loss can't play ArmA

they will get banned for hacking pbo, and or can't join the mission !

also if those connection have a good bandwidth and latency!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I like to play ArmA but

GAME OVER FOR ME!

Yes the problem is similar, but I think that in my case depends on packet loss due to WiFi connection, same house same pc with wired connection works.

The problem is that I can pay both connection and wired cost 5 times the wi fi connection

I'm close to Rome Italy 30km and we are close to 2012 and My small urban area is without ADSL cover...

I payd for a dedicaded HDSL 1mbit down 1mbit up, 108 € / month

but I'm tired, I would try to act in some legal way to get a 30€/ mont ADSL with more download bandwidth

in 6 years of use 78 € mont more than my needed service price is simple: 5616,00 €

this wifi connection cost 22€ months but works really bad alternate 2mbit download speed with 0 speed for minutes, or downtime of hours.

When works fine I can join only server with really small mission

If I try to connect to my server with my mission warfare tournament that is build with mando missile suite inside 9mb of download I have exactly the same mission on my pc

but I have to re download again, I download and at the end there is a missing script or paa file and arma crash

Sure I have to find a solution because I can't work with WIFI connection is too much variable and also simple skype VOIP chat doesn't work well all time...

But this problem will least for every one with connection not perfect with 0% packet loss

also if they have good ping and good bandwidth, so I think that the file check for signature of PBO mission and addon file should be done with TCP/IP protocol instead of UDP

What is your bandwidth? Upload and download.

I'm not sure I understood your situation, have you tried ethernet connection?

What is your bandwidth? Upload and download.

I'm not sure I understood your situation, have you tried ethernet connection?

My WiFi connection have a bandwidht of 2mbit down 256k up ( jitter 35/45 ms and some packet loss )

My old HDSL connection had a bandwidht of 1mbit down 1mbit up ( but jitter close to 0 and packet loss really close to 0 )

My situation is not only mine there is some other people that have similar problem for example here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=107121&page=4

UDP lost packet are not resended by the protocol dinamics

PBO checksum is wrong

I download again mission that inside lost some packet and some file are corrupted, ( mission that I've created and uploaded.... mission that I have on my PC 100% same of mission on server )

This mean that connection also with minimum packet loss can't play ArmA due to signature check that works over UDP protocol

..... Sadly

Lets try to get the attention of BI on this one.

Please add more details and facts as you find them.

In addition please list a step by step reproduction with a demo mission.

noted and put my nose over it

noted and put my nose over it

Thank you for attention, I will give you all detail if those could help you.

I would test on 1 windows server to see if the problem occur in same way

who can point me to one windows server that runs gossamers warfare or benny warfare or any other mission bigger than 1mb ?

:eek:

Thank you for attention, I will give you all detail if those could help you.

I would test on 1 windows server to see if the problem occur in same way

who can point me to one windows server that runs gossamers warfare or benny warfare or any other mission bigger than 1mb ?

:eek:

btw. can You post the issue as ticket on CIT, Community Issue Tracker?

read more in this sticky http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102991

and then post here the url/ticket ID, thx

do You have somewhere .rpt or screenshot with the exact error message(s) You get ?

do You have somewhere .rpt or screenshot with the exact error message(s) You get ?

I will make two video I can reproduce the error so it's easy for me

On our team dedi linux server now I can join and play:

with those two simply step:

a) disabled path MTU discovery

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_no_pmtu_disc

b) set mtu on eth0 to 1500

ifconfig eth0 mtu 1500

And, with some tears on my eye I can play now... on our Linux server only but it's enought for me to be happy...

Those two setting will reduce the packet fragmentation and games run better (less lag) also for all other client!!!

All linux dedi should use those settings

:bounce3:

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Is it similar to this?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18007

The problem is very similar to this one! ( Thank you LONESTAR following this I'am able to play now just on our dedi server but I play there 95% of the time so it's great for me! )

I will post two video so understand what's happen will be more simple :)

ok well but ... the exact error message was/is ? :)

ok well but ... the exact error message was/is ? :)

If there is a exact error message I have posted it already ;)

nothing on server log nothing on client rpt...

this video show the problem during try to join a Linux Server without the MTU setting like I posted above:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JN8W78CX

I can't see nothing but I can vote or login as admin and try to run commands but screen doesn't update always "waiting for host"

and this is the joining process when no mission is on server, now I have to find a friend that run my mission over the HH friends linux server so I can make second video where I've to redowload mission that already have (it's mine 100% same mission without 1 byte of difference) and at the end arma crash with message, init camp script sqf not found or any other script or any paa file, random missing stuff ! BUM

---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:19 ----------

will be avaiable also like video I think

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=JN8W78CX

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

this issues is almost same as mine: what I would shot you with second video ;)

mpmission is ok

mpmission cache is also ok (I try to manual copy on both mpmission and mpmission cache folder without success )

Blank lobby, mission download and crash

same here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=107121&page=4

same here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14118

I think that Linux Dedi readme should be integrated with the MTU tip on this post ;)

Hi, any news? Any officially approved solution to these issues?

My two clanmates at our clan linux server are always stuck at map and never spawn ingame, while their characters are respawning and stand still.

1/ If you have PPPOE internet connection, you need to restart the router from your default settings.

You will be prompted to enter your ISP PPPOE user ID and password.

2/ In your WAN settings - try to detect your connection automatically or start " RUN WIZARD" in your router.

( Automaticaly detected MTZ values are the best otion, I had MTU 1454, but after automatic detection they changed on 1492, 1492 work with Arma, 1454 no !)

3/ Disable your automatic NTP ( Network Time Protocol) and enter Time and Date maually.

This solved my problem. I fixed this after 2 years of "script and empty lobby " Errors.